Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports has just released another Madden NFL 15 trailer. This one focuses on the War in the Trenches 2.0. Check out some of the new screenshots here and the official blog for more details.

Quote:
In Madden 15, you’ll deliver on defense with more effective tackling and pass rush tools that put you in control of each play, all from a new perspective.

See your defensive gameplay from an all-new perspective. By pressing left on the D-Pad, you’ll activate the new defensive camera angle, putting you right in the action. To lock on to a specific player using the defensive camera, press right on the D-Pad.

The core of football starts at the line of scrimmage.The addition of War in the Trenches to Madden 25 overhauled the offensive line play by giving offensive linemen the intelligence to work as a team and create an authentic passing pocket.

Source - EA Sports

Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Jr. @ 07/09/14 06:24 PM
I really hope Clint is right and the CPU does all of this stuff too. I user a safety exclusively and don't want to have to change that because I'm at a disadvantage to the rest of my online league.

# 42 iamgramps @ 07/09/14 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonfb
I cant believe how some people can watch the players move and dont see anything wrong with it. The players move so awkwardly. Christ..wake up people. Its 2015 and Madden animations/gameplay are so far behind every other video game.
It looks great to me. I have no problem with the way the game animates.

# 43 NicVirtue @ 07/09/14 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgramps
It looks great to me. I have no problem with the way the game animates.
That's fine. Not knocking your preference. But in this day and age, with how far along motion capture technology has come, the way players move in Madden is so 2003.

# 44 Bowinkle08 @ 07/09/14 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovie832
Looks like Madden to me.

We are foolish to expect anything more.
looks pretty good 2me

# 45 grodbetatted @ 07/09/14 06:41 PM
looks pretty goo to me. even though thtey emphasized defense some of the blocking sequences were very much realistic. i will admit i wouldnt mind being able to take the icons from above their head, but its almost like icon passing in NBA 2k or NBA live, so its not too worrysome. i still see people are saying Madden is the same blah blah, when in reality the development over the years has been great, however I understand some of you want that NFL 2k or allpro football 2k experience which will not happen and in my opinion thats a good thing. The 2k sereis of football, played incredibly slow even the ball movement and dropped passes seemed to be horrible, the allpro player models weren't good unless you were looking for Blitz style player models... Madden would still probably be my game of choice just like it was in 05 when the hitstick was released

# 46 Bowinkle08 @ 07/09/14 06:47 PM
this looks awesome

# 47 mellamoaaron @ 07/09/14 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Even speaking as someone who generally enjoys the Madden series as it currently exists and is already buying this year's game, this sentiment doesn't exactly endear too well to the current game.

Madden NFL 15 ought to stand and be evaluated upon on its own merits, not its down-the-road potential.
I think Madden 15 is going to be able to stand on it's own as a great game. It's not going to satisfy everyone out there, but it will be a heck of a game that will restore people's faith in the Madden brand.

# 48 JaymeeAwesome @ 07/09/14 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
When our Madden NFL Football game plays like football, instead of Maddenball.

We have lived maddenball for 10 years. I have given up my hopes for anything different. One of the lessons I've learned in life is to lower your expectations. You will live a happier, more fulfilling, life that way.

# 49 Scott @ 07/09/14 06:58 PM
Didn't look too bad...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 50 Rams_3 @ 07/09/14 07:09 PM
As long as we can turn off the button prompts I'm good. Looks like playing D-line should be fun this year. But we'll see

# 51 hawley088 @ 07/09/14 07:13 PM
this a lot better then just button mashing and moving the analog sticks all which ways

# 52 mestevo @ 07/09/14 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams_3
As long as we can turn off the button prompts I'm good. Looks like playing D-line should be fun this year. But we'll see
Yeah I'd love to see some footage with the prompts off (which can be turned off, and are off by default at higher difficulties), should look pretty cool.

# 53 LBzrule @ 07/09/14 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
FWIW......

1. Diego Miranda@DiegoMB27 5m
    @ClintOldenburg Hey man, cool vid on War In The Trenches. Are cpu controlled players also gonna use the new array of pass rushing moves?
    Expand

2. Clint Oldenburg@ClintOldenburg 3m
    @DiegoMB27 yes

The better question would have been will the CPU AI players on MY TEAM use these moves against the AI, against another human opponent? This has been the issue in the past. The AI itself does a lot of magical things. But then when you take control of the team the players don't do any of that.

# 54 LBzrule @ 07/09/14 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
15 is a true next gen game, I think my expectations are way beyond what you guys are expecting in the next two years.
It looks quite a bit better but I wouldn't call it next gen. That's one of my issues with A LOT of games coming out right now, not just Madden. Outside of graphics, I'm not seeing much that couldn't be done on 360/PS3. And specifically Madden, outside of graphics I haven't seen anything that wasn't done on earlier games. Frankly, some of the stuff is worse, ie, locomotion. But, this is the situation we are in, either ride with it or play Destiny Assassin's Creed or other games.

The defensive line controls was something posted on here and another board last year. Just from the looks of it, I'd say it looks like they did a good job with it. Will still need to test it. My biggest concern league play wise is not being able to use it.

# 55 jyoung @ 07/09/14 07:21 PM
That video looked like the same old interactions, just with a new camera angle and a new button layout.

There's still not much leaning, dipping, or any kind of moving struggle between players. It's just two guys standing straight up, completely stationary, hand-fighting with each other until an over-the-top "win" animation plays out, and the offensive lineman gets thrown to the ground like a used towel.

# 56 LBzrule @ 07/09/14 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
That video looked like the same old interactions, just with a new camera angle and a new button layout.

There's still not much leaning, dipping, or any kind of moving struggle between players. It's just two guys standing straight up, completely stationary, hand-fighting with each other until an over-the-top "win" animation plays out, and the offensive linemen gets thrown to the ground like a used towel.

Which is going to probably turn some leagues off to it. Shame And hence you'll still be regulated to controlling 2nd and 3rd level defenders.

# 57 SamoanSteelerFromAus @ 07/09/14 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
For me this game will be truly next gen when they gut all of the last gen and legacy animations out and replace them with new stuff. When Madden 2001 for PS2 dropped there was nothing on field that resembled PS1. I need that feeling back.
I find myself completely agreeing with everything you write on this site

# 58 apollon42 @ 07/09/14 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Which is going to probably turn some leagues off to it. Shame And hence you'll still be regulated to controlling 2nd and 3rd level defenders.
I can see this being abused online or in franchise. I had 34 sacks in my franchise with Ahmad Brooks because nobody blocks the LE ever.

# 59 jpdavis82 @ 07/09/14 07:53 PM
From what I've heard from the devs, Sim, Smitty, and Markus, they are adding new animations each year until the old ones are almost completely gone. They added new ones last year and added a ton this year for defense and catch animations. Rex talked last year how he wants to get animations to a 90 quality level.

# 60 aholbert32 @ 07/09/14 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovie832
Looks like Madden to me.

We are foolish to expect anything more.
Who expected more? I expected a video game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.