Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports has just released another Madden NFL 15 trailer. This one focuses on the War in the Trenches 2.0. Check out some of the new screenshots here and the official blog for more details.

Quote:
In Madden 15, you’ll deliver on defense with more effective tackling and pass rush tools that put you in control of each play, all from a new perspective.

See your defensive gameplay from an all-new perspective. By pressing left on the D-Pad, you’ll activate the new defensive camera angle, putting you right in the action. To lock on to a specific player using the defensive camera, press right on the D-Pad.

The core of football starts at the line of scrimmage.The addition of War in the Trenches to Madden 25 overhauled the offensive line play by giving offensive linemen the intelligence to work as a team and create an authentic passing pocket.

Source - EA Sports

Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 roadman @ 07/10/14 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesubmittedone
I wouldn't know what to sue them for? Sucking?

Lol, there's nothing we can do outside of pray, complain and hope they care enough to listen. Our hands are tied with the exclusivity agreement and it's really the NFL that needs to get the message. I mean, this message board should be enough of a "petition" if they really cared. Every single one of us has essentially signed it outside of a few here with our enraged comments, lol.

But, yeah, I think this message board is as effective a way as there is. I have no doubt that if so many here hadn't complained legitimately about the issues in Madden it'd be in an even worse state than it already is.

I've already raised the white flag for complaining. I've complained for several years about fixing and overhauling penalties and nothing has been touched in that area.

Animations are poorly done in Madden and we can complain in every thread every day(seems like I see animations on a daily basis) until the cows come home, but, at the end of the day, they make the game they want.

And that mantra has been lately, making improvements slowly, year by year.

I love this twitter from Clint:

Why I answer questions sometimes is mind-boggling. Half the time you don't believe me anyway. Lol

The guy answers questions from people on Twitter and right or wrong, appears a few people don't appreciate the answers given.

# 102 BezO @ 07/10/14 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesubmittedone
...there's nothing we can do outside of pray, complain and hope they care enough to listen...
There's a more effective option. Unfortunately, most refuse to use it.

# 103 coke hogan @ 07/10/14 10:03 AM
I like to speak with my wallet.
the last maddens I bought were 09 and 12.
never again will I be fooled by devs vids and marketing speak.

# 104 dat boi Q @ 07/10/14 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke hogan
I like to speak with my wallet.
the last maddens I bought were 09 and 12.
never again will I be fooled by devs vids and marketing speak.
I know right. It's about 100 guys coming here complaining everyday about this game. They already know what kind of game there are getting from EA.
DONT BUY IT.
So simple but it won't happen. It doesn't matter if it matters to EA. Your hard earned money should matter to you.

# 105 MajorSupreme @ 07/10/14 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
There's a more effective option. Unfortunately, most refuse to use it.
See, I agree but here's my problem with this logic. How do you get at least a third of consumers, a majority being MUT fanatics, to not buy Madden? I mean, even if you get the majority of OS to speak with their wallets, that's nothing to the millions they'd sell anyway.

# 106 K_GUN @ 07/10/14 10:45 AM
I have not touched Madden in 3 years (played M25 demo recently)....im about to purchase a PS4 ( for the show & Star Wars Battlefront)....so i'll prob pick up M15 to see the improvements since M 12...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 107 kjcheezhead @ 07/10/14 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
I know right. It's about 100 guys coming here complaining everyday about this game. They already know what kind of game there are getting from EA.
DONT BUY IT.
So simple but it won't happen. It doesn't matter if it matters to EA. Your hard earned money should matter to you.
Why is everyone always acting like it isn't happening? Madden sales were down almost 40% last year.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/...tly-this-year/

I actually bought the game new for 5 bucks last year off a kindle offer. I wonder how many of the counted sales of 25 were at discount prices like mine or black Friday deals.

People are speaking with their wallets. Maybe not as many as there should be but a noticeable amount. The NFL is just too greedy to give a Damn about what their fans really want.

# 108 StefJoeHalt @ 07/10/14 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
I messaged Clint about one of the issues we were seeing in the videos for war in the trenches.

This is what is so frustrating because in the videos (all of which we have seen), are not only quick sacks. We saw gameplay video from E3 and you could clearly see O Lineman getting beat on the play and just standing there letting the guy run by unabated to the QB. The implementation seems to not line up with what Clint is saying. I would love to be proven wrong here. Also, simply chasing the pass rusher is not all that's needed. How about pulls, grabs and attempted shoves - basically a lineman struggling to catch up. I would also be curious to know how many "beat" animations there are. There doesn't seem to be many.

My fear here is the same as in years past..Clint may have worked on this and had done all this work..but in the end the "coding" of the game my not allow all of this suppose work to play out...which then could lead to another common problem..guys like Clint getting burned out and feeling like everything they do.. Going to waste

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 109 aholbert32 @ 07/10/14 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovie832
It's just disturbing that people can seriously consider this to be anywhere near impressive. For a game in 2014.. it is nowhere near where it should be.

Even Clint on twitter says that people talking about older games (nfl 2k5) are just caught up in nostalgia.

Sorry. Basic football is and has never been executed correctly in madden. This video still shows many arcade elements to the game. It is madden ball. It is their own brand of football.

When I say that we were 'foolish' to expect more.. I mean't that it is dumb to think that this will ever be a different type of game. It may add certain elements of simulation..etc. but it will always be their flavor.. their brand.

They just don't seem capable of doing even the simplest things. The guy in charge of equipment says he doubts one arm sleeves will make it in to the game. I just don't understand how a multi billion dollar company can have such inept programmers.

OK. Jesus. The hyperbole on this site is ridiculous especially on the Madden forum. There are alot of issues with Madden but now the game doesnt even display "Basic Football"? Did they take out passing in Madden 15? Can you still run the ball in M15? Thats what I consider basic football.

Also when did arm sleeves become basic football? I think they should be in the game too but when did stuff like this become must haves?

Finally, its the same convo every year here. We are almost a decade into the exclusive deal and **** hasnt changed. EA does what it does because its successful. To expect them to go against what works is silly.

# 110 mestevo @ 07/10/14 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
Sales of the game are down...so is it really working anymore?
That report is only comparing first week sales in a console release year. Since we don't have anything but speculative figures otherwise it's a reach to claim victory either direction in that argument. Madden was still top 5 (#4) in December after the new consoles released, as it was the year before (#5) and then #6 the year before that. Relative to market changes that would seem to indicate it is doing OK.

Sales are healthy or we'd see big changes in the organization because it's too valuable of a franchise. It's not a really strong position to debate over for either side, YoY first week sales are not an apples to apples comparison.

# 111 m1ke_nyc @ 07/10/14 11:57 AM
Quote:
I have not kept up with sales data, I constantly hear people say they are down though. But even if they are, EA likely makes up all that money plus extra through MUT.

# 112 SageInfinite @ 07/10/14 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
I messaged Clint about one of the issues we were seeing in the videos for war in the trenches.

This is what is so frustrating because in the videos (all of which we have seen), are not only quick sacks. We saw gameplay video from E3 and you could clearly see O Lineman getting beat on the play and just standing there letting the guy run by unabated to the QB. The implementation seems to not line up with what Clint is saying. I would love to be proven wrong here. Also, simply chasing the pass rusher is not all that's needed. How about pulls, grabs and attempted shoves - basically a lineman struggling to catch up. I would also be curious to know how many "beat" animations there are. There doesn't seem to be many.
What we see is what we get. Probably will be the same story as the catch animations. It worked one day. The game ships with it not working due to time constraints. Either they don't want to pay to patch it, or the fix will take too long. It's put on the list for "next year". They'll say this NOW works because we tuned this, and it still won't be that great, lol.

Either you tolerate Madden or you don't. At least we have a forum to discuss it. It ain't the exclusive license, it aint the leadership, it's the coders/programmers/legacy code, and the suits who don't want to pay to have it fixed because it sells as is.

# 113 aholbert32 @ 07/10/14 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Why is everyone always acting like it isn't happening? Madden sales were down almost 40% last year.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/...tly-this-year/

I actually bought the game new for 5 bucks last year off a kindle offer. I wonder how many of the counted sales of 25 were at discount prices like mine or black Friday deals.

People are speaking with their wallets. Maybe not as many as there should be but a noticeable amount. The NFL is just too greedy to give a Damn about what their fans really want.
That is a really misleading link. One, it only takes into account first week sales. Two, it doesnt take into account the next gen sales because its from September. Three, total Madden sales dropped but not by 40%. They dropped from 5 mil to 4 mil.

# 114 aholbert32 @ 07/10/14 12:01 PM
Quote:
Yes because they are selling 4 million games! Its EA's biggest US sports game and the biggest US sports game.

# 115 SageInfinite @ 07/10/14 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
What we see is what we get. Probably will be the same story as the catch animations. It worked one day. The game ships with it not working due to time constraints. Either they don't want to pay to patch it, or the fix will take too long. It's put on the list for "next year". They'll say this NOW works because we tuned this, and it still won't be that great, lol.

Either you tolerate Madden or you don't. At least we have a forum to discuss it. It ain't the exclusive license, it aint the leadership, it's the coders/programmers/legacy code, and the suits who don't want to pay to have it fixed because it sells as is.
Also might have to do with egos. I remember when AJ went in on twitter he said they added all these nice features and one dude came in and ****ed it all up. Changed everything. It has got to be frustrating working at Tiburon on this series. Either their tech doesn't work as well as advertised, or they don't have the right people taking advantage of it.

# 116 BezO @ 07/10/14 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
See, I agree but here's my problem with this logic. How do you get at least a third of consumers, a majority being MUT fanatics, to not buy Madden? I mean, even if you get the majority of OS to speak with their wallets, that's nothing to the millions they'd sell anyway.
You nor I have to get anyone to do anything. Folks unhappy with the game have to recognize the condradiction of funding a product they don't like.

But I don't want to derail the thread.

I'm not feeling the War In The Trenches. It SOUNDS good. But once I see it, it's the same win/lose scenario, with more controls. Nothing in between, no struggle, no attempts to recover. Everything is still based on engaging 1st. They talk about speed rushers but don't show speed rushing. They are confusing speed & finesse.

I did see 1 instance of an AI teammate doing something new. Packers DT collapsing the pocket at 1:21. Very nice!

The steering looks good. It's the best feature I've heard about so far. If it's implemented well and non-user controlled players use it regularly, and in the correct context, sweet! But none of the vids show this thus far. Hopefully it can be tuned.

# 117 kjcheezhead @ 07/10/14 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
That report is only comparing first week sales in a console release year. Since we don't have anything but speculative figures otherwise it's a reach to claim victory either direction in that argument. Madden was still top 5 (#4) in December after the new consoles released, as it was the year before (#5) and then #6 the year before that. Relative to market changes that would seem to indicate it is doing OK.

Sales are healthy or we'd see big changes in the organization because it's too valuable of a franchise. It's not a really strong position to debate over for either side, YoY first week sales are not an apples to apples comparison.
What does top 5 in December really mean either? Those are black Friday deals and gift sales. First week sales tell the better story. Are people willing to pay 59.99 for the title? Was it a highly anticipated release? EA just like every other developer is quick to point out strong madden opening weeks like madden 13.

It's like the movies. Opening weekend is what matters even it holiday DVD sales make studios good revenue.

# 118 mestevo @ 07/10/14 12:15 PM
Quote:
What does top 5 in December really mean either? Those are black Friday deals and gift sales. First week sales tell the better story. Are people willing to pay 59.99 for the title? Was it a highly anticipated release? EA just like every other developer is quick to point out strong madden opening weeks like madden 13.

It's like the movies. Opening weekend is what matters even it holiday DVD sales make studios good revenue.
It's context. They aren't just black friday sales (which mostly happen in November, last I checked - where Madden was also #4), but new console owners buying the game.

I don't expect you to change your opinion, you've hung your hat on this and have beat this drum in numerous threads now, so I'll leave it at that.

# 119 kjcheezhead @ 07/10/14 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
That is a really misleading link. One, it only takes into account first week sales. Two, it doesnt take into account the next gen sales because its from September. Three, total Madden sales dropped but not by 40%. They dropped from 5 mil to 4 mil.
That's still a 20% drop. The was also an offer to upgrade to newer versions for 10 bucks with trade in. I expect they count those as sales as well which is misleading.

I don't want to go off topic so I'll drop it after this post, but I haven't seen a 20% rise in sales once since exclusivity started.

# 120 aholbert32 @ 07/10/14 12:18 PM
Quote:

Uh no. Its not like the movies. Madden's cost typically drops around the holidays....a good 3 mos after release. Thats 3 mos of sales at the $59 price. Also, that figure doesn't account for the large number of people who decided to wait until next gen.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.