Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports has just released another Madden NFL 15 trailer. This one focuses on the War in the Trenches 2.0. Check out some of the new screenshots here and the official blog for more details.

Quote:
In Madden 15, you’ll deliver on defense with more effective tackling and pass rush tools that put you in control of each play, all from a new perspective.

See your defensive gameplay from an all-new perspective. By pressing left on the D-Pad, you’ll activate the new defensive camera angle, putting you right in the action. To lock on to a specific player using the defensive camera, press right on the D-Pad.

The core of football starts at the line of scrimmage.The addition of War in the Trenches to Madden 25 overhauled the offensive line play by giving offensive linemen the intelligence to work as a team and create an authentic passing pocket.

Source - EA Sports

Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 CM Hooe @ 07/10/14 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
What does top 5 in December really mean either? Those are black Friday deals and gift sales. First week sales tell the better story. Are people willing to pay 59.99 for the title? Was it a highly anticipated release? EA just like every other developer is quick to point out strong madden opening weeks like madden 13.

It's like the movies. Opening weekend is what matters even it holiday DVD sales make studios good revenue.
Black Friday and Christmas is a huge time of year for the video game industry. I'm not going to say you're wrong big picture because you are not - the general rule is that video games are going to sell the majority of the copies they will ever move within the first month of their release - but charting during the holiday season shouldn't be outright dismissed either. There's a reason that so many publishers target the holiday window with their releases.

None of these sales figures people are throwing around include Ultimate Team revenue, which last I saw grew 90% year-over-year (I think that's what I read? It was nearly double).

I'm also really not sure why sales figures keep coming up, not just in this thread but in this forum in general. Why do we care so much about how EA is doing as a company? How does this contribute to the discussion of playing Madden NFL the video game? I'm speaking here as a poster and not a moderator, to be clear; I legitimately want to know why we the Madden community should really care how well the game sells.

# 122 aholbert32 @ 07/10/14 12:23 PM
Quote:
That's still a 20% drop. The was also an offer to upgrade to newer versions for 10 bucks with trade in. I expect they count those as sales as well which is misleading.

I don't want to go off topic so I'll drop it after this post, but I haven't seen a 20% rise in sales once since exclusivity started.
FYI, That offer was only available for the X1 not the PS4 and that was a retailer offer not a developer deal. That means that the retailers took the majority of the hit from the reduced price.

Anyway, my point is its still the highest selling sports game in the US.

# 123 BezO @ 07/10/14 12:28 PM
...And I hate that there are just 2 buttons, finesse & power. How do I spin vs swim, rip vs bull rush, etc?

# 124 aholbert32 @ 07/10/14 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Black Friday and Christmas is a huge time of year for the video game industry. I'm not going to say you're wrong big picture because you are not - the general rule is that video games are going to sell the majority of the copies they will ever move within the first month of their release - but charting during the holiday season shouldn't be outright dismissed either. There's a reason that so many publishers target the holiday window with their releases.

None of these sales figures people are throwing around include Ultimate Team revenue, which last I saw grew 90% year-over-year (I think that's what I read? It was nearly double).

I'm also really not sure why sales figures keep coming up, not just in this thread but in this forum in general. Why do we care so much about how EA is doing as a company? How does this contribute to the discussion of playing Madden NFL the video game? I'm speaking here as a poster and not a moderator, to be clear; I legitimately want to know why we the Madden community should really care how well the game sells.

The thought process is that if the sales continue to drop, EA will look at that as a sign that it needs to make significant changes in the game and possible make it more sim. That is ridiculous though.

# 125 kjcheezhead @ 07/10/14 12:30 PM
Quote:

Because sales are the best to tell if people are legitimately unhappy with the game. Hardcore madden fans can spend hundreds on MUT. That will keep madden profitable but not tell us how many people are speaking with their wallets.

I care because I want to know how unpopular exclusivity truly is. I don't care about EAs bottom line in all honesty.

# 126 aholbert32 @ 07/10/14 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
...And I hate that there are just 2 buttons, finesse & power. How do I spin vs swim, rip vs bull rush, etc?
Its contextual.

# 127 mestevo @ 07/10/14 12:40 PM
Quote:
For this iteration of it I'll take 1-2 buttons over something like the UFC controls . Really though, things like the transition and prevent-transition controls could work well, but this interaction is so quick at full speed (so quick that I question how useful the 'defender cone' is. I wonder how all of this looks in slower game speeds actually.

Longer term, hope to see it evolve into things like the CPU starting to double team successful defenders, offensive line controls to mitigate the new defensive abilities, etc.

As you or someone else said, actually more excited for stuff like steering the OL to set edges and stuff.

# 128 BezO @ 07/10/14 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its contextual.
I get that. I guess I'm wondering how that compares to what I'd be trying to accomplish. But if everything is based on engaging 1st, it probably doesn't matter much.

# 129 aholbert32 @ 07/10/14 12:49 PM
Quote:
I get that. I guess I'm wondering how that compares to what I'd be trying to accomplish. But if everything is based on engaging 1st, it probably doesn't matter much.

I guess I'm different than most in that I dont like that much control. If I choose power, I dont mind having the AI decide wither its a bull or a rip rush. I just want the best power move based on the scenario.

# 130 Greenblood60 @ 07/10/14 01:02 PM
Quote:
That is a really misleading link. One, it only takes into account first week sales. Two, it doesnt take into account the next gen sales because its from September. Three, total Madden sales dropped but not by 40%. They dropped from 5 mil to 4 mil.
Well...that's still 20%, and EA can't happy about that. Madden used to sell 8-9 mil a year. They used to sell 5 mil on PS2 alone. Now they need two consoles to sell that much.

# 131 CM Hooe @ 07/10/14 01:13 PM
Quote:
Because sales are the best to tell if people are legitimately unhappy with the game. Hardcore madden fans can spend hundreds on MUT. That will keep madden profitable but not tell us how many people are speaking with their wallets.
The people spending hundreds of dollars on micro transactions are speaking with their wallets about their approval for the game. That argument - giving EA money implies gamer happiness with game - by definition must cut both ways.

# 132 BezO @ 07/10/14 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
For this iteration of it I'll take 1-2 buttons over something like the UFC controls . Really though, things like the transition and prevent-transition controls could work well, but this interaction is so quick at full speed (so quick that I question how useful the 'defender cone' is. I wonder how all of this looks in slower game speeds actually.
Yeah, I wouldn't want anything as complex as that. I'm thinking modifyers. Finesse/power buttons modified by triggers/bumpers.

But something they could probably do now, and what I think when they say contextual, is have the either button deliver one set of moves if you press before you engage, and another if you press it while engaged.

I can see me being frustrated if I got a rip attempt when I wanted to bull rush, for example.

Quote:
Longer term, hope to see it evolve into things like the CPU starting to double team successful defenders, offensive line controls to mitigate the new defensive abilities, etc.
Yup! Until then, I wonder how they're handling the success rate of the best rushers, especially against weaker blockers.

Quote:
As you or someone else said, actually more excited for stuff like steering the OL to set edges and stuff.
I've called it engaged player mobility for years. This is huge. I really hope non-user controlled players use it. THIS is something that could really improve the running game & run defense. Real cut back runs? Setting the edge?

I wish someone would ask Clint more specific questions. Will AI defenders use this particular "move" regularly? How does it effect the running game, especially outside runs?

# 133 roadman @ 07/10/14 01:25 PM
Quote:
The thought process is that if the sales continue to drop, EA will look at that as a sign that it needs to make significant changes in the game and possible make it more sim. That is ridiculous though.
And give up exclusivity.

# 134 kjcheezhead @ 07/10/14 01:26 PM
Quote:
The people spending hundreds of dollars on micro transactions are speaking with their wallets about their approval for the game. That argument - giving EA money implies gamer happiness with game - by definition must cut both ways.
Not really. Say there are four football fans that could potentially buy Madden. 3 say the game isn't good or want other options and choose not to buy. The other not only buys the game but spends another 200 on MUT during the season.

We have a situation where 75% percent of football fans are unhappy with the game or lack of choices but Maddens overall revenue is exactly the same.

Overall revenue is not an indicator of overall popularity.

# 135 iLLWiLL @ 07/10/14 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
For me this game will be truly next gen when they gut all of the last gen and legacy animations out and replace them with new stuff. When Madden 2001 for PS2 dropped there was nothing on field that resembled PS1. I need that feeling back.

That's because Madden for the PSX/N64/Saturn gen were monumentally BAD. Crap they were still using 3D "sprites" in Madden 2000...and the gameplay ridiculously slow, ballcarriers would fall by hardly being touched, and the sound was pathetic. Don't know how the hell the franchise even survived through that gen with great games like 2K, Gameday, and even lesser ones like Quarterback's Club...

# 136 roadman @ 07/10/14 01:30 PM
Quote:
Not really. Say there are four football fans that could potentially buy Madden. 3 say the game isn't good or want other options and choose not to buy. The other not only buys the game but spends another 200 on MUT during the season.

We have a situation where 75% percent of football fans are unhappy with the game or lack of choices but Maddens overall revenue is exactly the same.

Overall revenue is not an indicator of overall popularity.
And on the flip side of that KJ, you could also say 75% of video game fans are happy with the game.

Just saying.

# 137 The JareBear @ 07/10/14 01:31 PM
Quote:
I guess I'm different than most in that I dont like that much control. If I choose power, I dont mind having the AI decide wither its a bull or a rip rush. I just want the best power move based on the scenario.
I am like you in this regard. I know that there are people who want to have total control of their players though, I wonder if EA can provide options for this at some point, like a "normal control scheme" vs "advanced control scheme" or something like that.

# 138 BigD @ 07/10/14 01:31 PM
Looks OK, but it's just so sad and such a let down to see the same one on one tackle animations we've seen for 10 years.

# 139 BezO @ 07/10/14 01:49 PM
Quote:
Funny. I see those particular moves as trying to accomplish 2 different things and would want separate controls.

Definitely not knocking it though.

# 140 Greenblood60 @ 07/10/14 01:53 PM
Quote:
That's not necessarily true. Decreasing sales ( eventually ) means less micro transactions. Increased sales mean more money from sales and more micro transactions. Madden used to sell 8-9 million copies a year. Now they're selling 4-5 million copies a year. Two years from now, maybe they're topping out between 3-4 million. Eventually, MUT won't be able to make up for that, and since MUT brings in so much revenue, that also may light a fire under EA's butt. More sales equals more potential microtransactions.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.