Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

MLB 14 The Show patch 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) are available now for their respective consoles. Below are the patch details.
  • Online Gameplay stability (a lot of changes and improvements):
  • General online synching and stability.
  • Play results are now consistent on both users machines.
  • Fielder synching issues across two users online now fixed.
  • Batter desync when batter calls time.
  • Balks or balls in the dirt no longer cause hang.
  • Ball deflected collision on defensive players now consistent on both user screens.
  • Late fielding dives no longer cause the game to hang online.
  • Fielding decisions and throws are now consistent on both player screens.
  • Late Bunt (and bunts pulled back) and swing attempts now give the same game result
  • Check swing improvements to online gameplay
  • Challenge of the Week pitcher settings no longer carrying over from any other game mode.
  • Timing issues with pausing the game and guess pitching at the same time no longer cause issues.
  • Stealing home while batter takes strike 3 for the 3rd out issue fixed.
  • Ball 4 resulting in a walk on a wild pitch and trying to advance the runner on first issue fixed.
  • Fixed infrequent end of online game crash at closing on-screen-display graphic.
  • Fixed rare instance of on-screen bright color/black corruption affecting stadiums and players.
  • Fixed very rare corrupted player faces issue. This would show up as dark splotches and patches. This happened in certain player substitutions in Franchise mode Spring Training.
  • In Game Options for Camera changes are now saved when reloading the game.
  • Road to the Show crash when loading into Batting practice addressed
  • At-bat ambient Organ music addressed (wasn't playing when intended)
  • Custom Music applied to all players now properly working.
  • First HR in a Franchise game issue no longer stating "First Career HR" every time.
  • Umpire balls, strikes and 3rd strike audio calls now playing properly and consistently
  • With Music Mode on, stealing a base no longer skips the song track.
  • Andrelton Simmons face fixed!
  • Home Run Derby can now be entered during the install, once the needed assets are loaded.
  • Bernie Brewer now seen after a Home Run in Miller Park.
  • Addressed Strike Zone size on PS4 that cause ball/strike calls to appear very wrong.
  • Analog throw meter difficulty balanced on all levels.
  • Fixed issue with repeated jumping near a pop-up causing the runner to take off for the next base.
  • All Vault screens should now default to rating (no longer sorted by user name).
  • Diamond Dynasty> My Bids fix to prevent a crash when users have more than 500 transactions.
  • Online score posting fix to prevent lost online game scores and data.
  • Addressed a Login/Boot-up crash that would sometimes occur when logging in during peak hours.
  • Fixed Diamond Dynasty "vs cpu" pre-game line-up crash that could happen before proceeding into the game load.
  • The Show Live Double Header games now have crowds for both games.
  • Diamond Dynasty and The Show Live issue fixed where some players were showing Headley (PS4) and Jeter (PS3) heads on certain players.
Source - The Show Nation

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 221 Dude731 @ 07/27/14 03:41 AM
Not to mention andrelton Simmons face. What was that? Why would they announce changes that didn't occur?

# 222 LastActionHero @ 07/27/14 07:26 AM
I also still don't know if SCEA intended The Show Live without the quick count option. The workaround still works but still...

# 223 bigwill33 @ 07/27/14 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtott
Disappointed that there were no stadium fixes in this patch.... Busch Stadium as an example.
While I understand that Ballpark Village wasn't added... There were still a couple or glaring mess ups. One was the brick column in left field... wrong column all together..... too tall , wrong design, wrong color..... just plain wrong. The other is the white strip above the press box... in previous Shows, it was red with St Louis on it..... it was completely missed in the years game. Chances are I'll have to wait till next year to see the fixes..... but very disappointing .
Stuff like that cannot be changed with a patch.

# 224 MDgolf @ 07/27/14 10:10 AM
Can framerate be fixed in a patch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 225 sportdan30 @ 07/27/14 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtott
Disappointed that there were no stadium fixes in this patch.... Busch Stadium as an example.
While I understand that Ballpark Village wasn't added... There were still a couple or glaring mess ups. One was the brick column in left field... wrong column all together..... too tall , wrong design, wrong color..... just plain wrong. The other is the white strip above the press box... in previous Shows, it was red with St Louis on it..... it was completely missed in the years game. Chances are I'll have to wait till next year to see the fixes..... but very disappointing .
I saw a flyover of the old Busch Stadium prior to the start of one of my games. How is that possible? How did that get missed and added? That's just ridiculous!

Also, silly to hear the "Lets go birds" chant. Fans don't chant that! NEVER.

# 226 jtott @ 07/28/14 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Stuff like that cannot be changed with a patch.
A couple years ago there was an issue with Target Field..... some thing about the color of the concrete behind home plate.... that was fixed via patch. So I don't understand how this can't be fixed. And both of these are minor fixes imo.

# 227 jtott @ 07/28/14 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportdan30
I saw a flyover of the old Busch Stadium prior to the start of one of my games. How is that possible? How did that get missed and added? That's just ridiculous.
Exactly......

# 228 LastActionHero @ 07/28/14 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportdan30
I saw a flyover of the old Busch Stadium prior to the start of one of my games. How is that possible? How did that get missed and added? That's just ridiculous!

Also, silly to hear the "Lets go birds" chant. Fans don't chant that! NEVER.

For what it's worth Russel once posted here that those "flyovers" were a hell to get working properly, even thought its just a picture. They probably didn't want to risk changing the Busch Stadium one because of the problems it might bring to the table.

# 229 Twinder @ 07/28/14 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Played a game with my friend online and there were multiple instances of funkiness going on. For example, on more than one occasion, one of us would hit a fly ball and it appeared to the batter that the ball went over the outfielder's head for extra bases, but to the defender, his fielder got there in time to make the out. Eventually the game would sync to let the batter know he was really out, but it was crazy.
This kind of thing would have been inexcusable in online play even 10-15 years ago. I realize that coding games, especially online, is extremely difficult. Maybe, though, it's time to bring in some developers who have had some success in that area. I'm not exaggerating when I say it's the worst online play I've ever experienced in a sports title.

# 230 KingsDream @ 08/01/14 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I can tell you on the PS3 version I played my year one All-Star game last night and the cpu only subbed pitchers. Not positon players.

Can't comment on Spring Training.

I am happy the umpire audio is back. It was awful seeing all the slient animated strikeouts and no strike and ball call outs. Thank goodness it was patched.
Hi Armour. I play a Reds franchise,and haven't had a chance to use new recent patch for ps4. Have you seen any difference in gameplay as far as being tougher or easier to hit and pitch with the new patch ? I read a couple comments on this issue. You also wrote that umpires are making better calls as far as balls,strikes and check swings ? what have you guys seen that's made the game better as far as gameplay ? thanx in advance

# 231 Armor and Sword @ 08/01/14 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsDream
Hi Armour. I play a Reds franchise,and haven't had a chance to use new recent patch for ps4. Have you seen any difference in gameplay as far as being tougher or easier to hit and pitch with the new patch ? I read a couple comments on this issue. You also wrote that umpires are making better calls as far as balls,strikes and check swings ? what have you guys seen that's made the game better as far as gameplay ? thanx in advance
I notice check swings were improved. I was getting rung up on obvious perfect check swings on obvious balls. Now it seems it has been tuned better and working properly. The umpire audio is back. Pre patch it was slience. Was really getting under my skin.

Other than that the gameplay before the patch was already great. On 14 pitching on classic was a bit overpowering on All-Star compared to years past. This is due to the fact CPU batters now chase more out of the zone pitches. A huge game improvement. So the solution is turn up CPU contact and timing one click more than you normally have set and turn down human comsistency one click below your normal settings. I have already seen improvement in cpu offense just making those minor tweaks.

# 232 KingsDream @ 08/03/14 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I notice check swings were improved. I was getting rung up on obvious perfect check swings on obvious balls. Now it seems it has been tuned better and working properly. The umpire audio is back. Pre patch it was slience. Was really getting under my skin.

Other than that the gameplay before the patch was already great. On 14 pitching on classic was a bit overpowering on All-Star compared to years past. This is due to the fact CPU batters now chase more out of the zone pitches. A huge game improvement. So the solution is turn up CPU contact and timing one click more than you normally have set and turn down human comsistency one click below your normal settings. I have already seen improvement in cpu offense just making those minor tweaks.
Ok thanks. I'm not too familiar with main menu yet on ps4,how do I know if recent patch automatically downloaded ? Under notifications I see mlb 14 download on 7/22,which I didn't do. But it doesn't say 1.12 or any specifics... Patch date was 7/17 I think. I do go a week without playing,so maybe it downloaded 7/22 when I fired her up ?

# 233 RCMSfan77 @ 08/06/14 11:36 AM
I use auto base running and recently at totally random times I have had my lead base runner freeze until the ball is fielded by the defender. Usually its a hard line drive that fall's in, but its not a close play in the outfield by any means. It usually happens on balls hit to left field or right field. I didn't notice this happening prior to this last patch. Has anyone else experienced this?

# 234 aukevin @ 08/06/14 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMSfan77
I use auto base running and recently at totally random times I have had my lead base runner freeze until the ball is fielded by the defender. Usually its a hard line drive that fall's in, but its not a close play in the outfield by any means. It usually happens on balls hit to left field or right field. I didn't notice this happening prior to this last patch. Has anyone else experienced this?
Seen this twice in my RTTS career since the patch. That's twice in probably 100 RTTS games. It's my cpu team mate on base, so I guess he would be considered auto base running.

# 235 MannTooth24 @ 08/06/14 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
Seen this twice in my RTTS career since the patch. That's twice in probably 100 RTTS games. It's my cpu team mate on base, so I guess he would be considered auto base running.
That also happened in my RTTS last night to the CPU baserunner. With runners on 1st and 2nd I hit a line drive to left field and the runner on 2nd didn't go until the LF fielded it and he was thrown out at 3rd. Cost me a hit because it was ruled a fielder's choice! haha

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.