Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports has just released another Madden NFL 15 trailer, along with some more screenshots featuring Player Sense 2.0.
  • Defenses are now smarter when it comes to going for a swat vs. an interception or a tackle. This improved logic will be broken down by individual player traits.
  • Zone coverage ratings now have a much bigger impact on how quickly defenders break on throws.
  • Defenders with higher ratings in Zone Coverage will react much quicker to throws, often times before the ball is thrown.
  • Improvements have also been made to zone defenders responsible for the flats.
  • Look for smarter principles, head tracking on all players, increases in press and chuck interactions between DBs and wide receivers, as well as improved pursuit and tackling abilities.
  • Man Coverage ratings have also been tweaked to impact how much separation receivers are able to get on cuts in their routes, resulting in improved behavior of the defensive backs.
  • Also new to Madden 15 is the addition of disguised defenses, where opposing secondaries will show you one coverage but give another.
  • Madden NFL 15 represents the most fun and engaging defensive gameplay in franchise history.
Source - EA Sports

Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 wordtobigbird @ 07/17/14 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I definitely feel this, yet considering Rex acknowledged that WR/DB interaction still needs to be specifically addressed next year, hopefully those issues will be taken into account then. Though I'm weary of giving any kind of benefit of the doubt with how Madden will play out before it's released, my hope is that while nowhere near where it needs to be, these incremental additions in M15 will at least deter bad QB play and promote more running, field position emphasis.

I saw the same things you mentioned and while it's cheap the way defenders can bypass breaking down to stay close, if it results in passing windows being tighter, so timing and presnap decisions are more effective than just ad libbing every pass play post snap, that's a positive, imo.
They are hyping up how balanced Madden is so we shall see. I am hoping that pass defenses actually defend the pass but leave you vulnerable to the run. So these DBs making swats is cool and all but they better not be like LBs in the run game. Same for LBs in the pass game, they better not be covering WRs just because of this defensive boost.

The way I play I always switch on defense to manually swat/int/tackle anyway so my favorite part was the flat coverage. Was a HUGE hole in my defense in Madden 25 and wasn't a thing I could do about it.

# 42 StefJoeHalt @ 07/17/14 08:37 PM
I like the idea and I know we been harping on this..but aren't they working backwards here..and this is what I mean..shouldn't player movement ie animations (including DB, linemen, linebackers, etc) be fixed first..cause once they "fix" the movement..all the stuff they have done now to bandaid it..will have to be redone.. Player sense wise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 43 tsbmolina @ 07/17/14 08:46 PM
Yawn, wake me when it's over. Looks like the same game for the past ten years.

# 44 apollon42 @ 07/17/14 08:50 PM
When Richard Sherman broke on the bar it looked extremely robotic and unrealistic to me. It's like he warped into that animation.

# 45 wordtobigbird @ 07/17/14 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
I like the idea and I know we been harping on this..but aren't they working backwards here..and this is what I mean..shouldn't player movement ie animations (including DB, linemen, linebackers, etc) be fixed first..cause once they "fix" the movement..all the stuff they have done now to bandaid it..will have to be redone.. Player sense wise

I dont think so because the decisions they make will be the same but they wont be physicailly capable of making the stop, turn, jump, etc.

# 46 apollon42 @ 07/17/14 09:16 PM
Whats up with that spinning interception animation. I don't think I've ever seen a pick like that in real life, ever. Also, I believe that incomplete pass signal will be overused by DB's.

# 47 NicVirtue @ 07/17/14 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt

That is unless their answer to player movement is simply slowing the animations down. Wouldn't put it past them.

# 48 brandon27 @ 07/17/14 09:43 PM
Looking good!

# 49 charter04 @ 07/17/14 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
Yawn, wake me when it's over. Looks like the same game for the past ten years.
I'm all for people being able to give opinions on OS but, these are the commits that I could do without. Just pointless, non-constructive criticism. Actually this is not even criticism. It's more of just a Troll comment. The game most certainly hasn't looked the same in the last ten years. Some changes haven't been better. Some have been better but, not the same for sure.

# 50 countryboy @ 07/17/14 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDEAFootball
Actually this came from Cortez Allen from the Pittsburgh Steelers and Stevenson Sylvester from the Buffalo Bills. We had both guys down here for a week working with us on coverage. They explained to us that in zone coverage, they break as soon as they see the QB locks his shoulder to throw. We scale break time by the zone coverage rating, so you will really only see this from 90+ rated zone coverage defenders.
Trust me we are well aware of psychic DB concerns and this will NOT be in the game.
Thank you for explaining this Rex. Very appreciative. Anxious to see this for myself.

# 51 bkrich83 @ 07/17/14 10:18 PM
I am encouraged by what I saw. I think some of the animations are awkward, and still not sure about context awareness on some of those swat plays, but I saw some things I liked for sure.

Looks improved from previous versions, but to be honest, looking at these videos has never done much for me. I won't know for sure until I go hands on.

# 52 Darth Aegis @ 07/17/14 10:27 PM
I'm excited, bring on late August already! Looks like the best madden yet, sure it needs some things changed but no game is perfect, Even the show and nba2k need work still.

# 53 K_GUN @ 07/17/14 10:32 PM
Latest Madden i own is 12....been playing it lately....this vid blows 12 out of the water...

# 54 StefJoeHalt @ 07/17/14 10:38 PM
After watching again thing I LIKED...is didn't see that bump and run animation where they completely miss...and WR have five yards open field..not to brag but I played some..and mostly played DB..and I won't say I was good and I got burnt ALOT..lol..but I never ever completely just missed my jam move..glad and hope that animation is on the cutting room floor

# 55 marvinCB21 @ 07/17/14 10:45 PM
As someone who actually played the position (Corner) its not impossible to make plays on the ball before its thrown. Anticipation, reading and route recognition, **** even film study can factor. Half the time balls are thrown before the WR is looking for the ball so if your skilled enough and have the instincts its possible. My thing is i feel like in order to jump routes like that your zone or man rating has to be a 95 or better. It would suck if any joe shmo corner is out there balling like Sherm or Revis

# 56 marvinCB21 @ 07/17/14 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Am I wrong or were "disguised coverages" something that were supposedly added to the game a couple years ago? Maybe I have it mixed up here.

The video looks pretty good. Would like to know that "Coach Sense" has been improved too, in regards to CPU play calling and game management.
disguised coverage was in last year but it only allowed your DBs to "fake press" i guess this year you can show a certain coverage and play a different one at the snap. Or at least I hope lol

# 57 DCEBB2001 @ 07/17/14 11:22 PM
Not impressed with this trailer. Why on earth are not only defenders standing around, but also the receivers. There is a clip of Jordy Nelson running a stop/curl/hitch but just stands there with his hands in the air as the defender swats the ball from behind him. If you do crap like that, you won't even make a team (not coming back to the ball, that is) in the NFL. EVERY NFL receiver knows to come back to the ball and compete for it.

Terrible.

# 58 Cardot @ 07/17/14 11:23 PM
i am cool with CPU DB's breaking on the ball before it is thrown....as long as that means that some times they gamble and guess wrong leaving something else wide open. In the past, DB's had the ability to break on a ball within the nano-second the button was pressed.

# 59 Skyboxer @ 07/17/14 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I'm all for people being able to give opinions on OS but, these are the commits that I could do without. Just pointless, non-constructive criticism. Actually this is not even criticism. It's more of just a Troll comment. The game most certainly hasn't looked the same in the last ten years. Some changes haven't been better. Some have been better but, not the same for sure.

Yep. I used to really LOVE talking Madden at OS etc...
Lots of guys really care and seriously want a better game.
I am not to the level of not being able to enjoy the game while pointing out flaws and respect most input (Like Big, Bucky's, Sage's etc.) and desire for a better game and welcome their input.

However it's the many hit and run posts with zero productivity to the cause that keeps a lot of us from staying more than a few minutes on the forum for Madden. And you're right.. It's troll and or agenda posting.

Moving on to the game:

I wonder if EA knows what kind of a gem they would really have if they had a better animation system?
IMO they game looks and plays (from what I see) great but simply gets a lot of the good tarnished when some of these really rough/terrible animations kick in.

# 60 PacMan3000 @ 07/17/14 11:51 PM
Gotta say--this looks good. Not where we all want it, but it looks good. I am happy to say that, unlike in years past, Madden 15 appears to be a game where I can SEE that major effort was made to improve the game in multiple areas.

I think now if Rex and company can just get animations down--really great, varied, smooth animations, along with genuine foot-planting and momentum for every player on the field, they'll be seen as freakin' kings to starved football gamers.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.