Home
R.B.I. Baseball 14 News Post

Last week I was browsing a local game store that specializes in retro titles. I found MLB Slugfest Loaded, a title absent from my Xbox baseball game collection, and picked up for $3.99.

Upon throwing it in my old console, I was surprised by this ancient arcade game's depth. While its on the field gameplay is pure arcade action, there’s a simulation at Slugfest’s core. Backed by the Baseball Mogul "sim engine", its franchise mode featured a loaded roster, realistic contracts and a wealth of stats.

Read More - RBI Baseball 14: Is It Worth It on Next-Gen Consoles?

Game: R.B.I. Baseball 14Hype Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Android / iOS / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 10 - View All
R.B.I. Baseball 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 burjeffton @ 07/21/14 04:31 PM
Played it at All-Star FanFest in Minneapolis. There wasn't anything different from the iPad version that I thought would be worth the price increase.

# 2 snc237 @ 07/21/14 04:52 PM
I wanted this game to be good. Even mediocre. Unfortunately for 20 bucks or whatever the price is this game is a 5 dollar or less game. Hopefully I can get it free with games with gold. If not oh well.

# 3 bxphenom7 @ 07/21/14 05:02 PM
This game was not fun. Feel bad for people on Xbox especially. It'd be nice to see the MVP series come back.

# 4 lynkraid @ 07/22/14 09:01 AM
Reboot Ken Griffey Jr Baseball or the 16bit WSB I'd buy something like that, but this RBI game looks boring and uninteresting, the top down view never...ever looked good in baseball games, I remember during the 16bit era having hated the top down view then, even today all the good games still go with the view made famous by think Griffey Baseball and WSB. So that was the first thing this game did wrong. I mean cmon you gotta have a view showing off the stadium in the background!

# 5 Fiddy @ 07/22/14 09:57 AM
honestly, it is what it is.

a decent throwback game..

its not worth $20, if the next gen launch of this game came with the online multiplayer and throwback players DLC, $15 would be perfect.

i enjoy playing a few games every other day to get through my season. just needs the basic stats we see in the box score carried over to season stats of sorts.

# 6 cool667 @ 07/24/14 03:26 PM
i'm fine with the show

# 7 ajs41072 @ 07/31/14 11:29 PM
I read that there would be a patch by the end of July to add online multiplayer. Does anyone know if this was done? I'd consider getting it if it had online play.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.