Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

OS'ers rejoice, you aren't the only ones who want NCAA Football to return.

With EA officially on-board with a reboot if player likenesses can be obtained for a new game, college football players seem to be more than open to the idea of a return.

"Give us the NCAA Football 15 (video game)," Georgia Tech Offensive Lineman Shaquille Mason said to a CBS Sports reporter. "We used to play it every day. We used to say during fall that would get us through the camp playing the game. That really was a blow."

The legal structures needed are coming in line now. The ACC, under Commissioner John Swofford, is developing their own likeness release forms right now to replace the current releaes. Given Power-5 autonomy, it is likely that we will see schools and conferences begin to work to possibly give players royalties for things like jersey sales and video game appearances, although money for TV appearances seems like an unlikely outcome. If player likenesses could be licensed for a video game, the legal issues a college game could face would no longer be present and its likely EA would be quick to jump back into development so long as the licensing terms made business sense.

NC State AD Debbie Yow says she senses 'strong' support within the Power-5 conferences to talk about the issue once the autonomy vote is passed.

"I think it raises the issue in terms of our consideration of it as part of our rules and regulations, and certainly from a legal standpoint it raises the issue as well," Swofford said. "I don't think it necessarily translates to paying players. I don't think you're going to see people running around using the names and likeness of players without really being careful and having appropriate approvals."

You can read more about this story on CBSSports.com.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 baseballphanatic @ 07/22/14 08:51 AM
all i know is that if/when they first announce a game is being made ppl r gonna go crazy! but ya a '16 game is unlikely....prob '17....lets remember a '16 game would mean theyd probably need to start work now considering the new systems...

# 22 videlsports @ 07/22/14 10:20 AM
I just want NCAA Football Back - Non exclusive so we would have a choice, If this can get to where it's supposed to be, All college football and basketball can be created again. This is Great news, we are already losing too much of our sports Games (Which is what I mainly play).

# 23 Junior Moe @ 07/22/14 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
You shouldn't "hate" the man, dislike is a better word. I hope a game comes out of this.
Yeah, "hate" is kind of strong but I didn't mean it literally. I don't know the man. Like most people, I was just bummed about losing the one football game I actually enjoyed. That's all it boils down to. Cant say that I even care much if the players get paid or not. Just give me back NCAA football and I'm good.

# 24 BadAssHskr @ 07/22/14 11:41 AM
ea should strongly consider polishing up on their programming skills, and technology, and just release a generic game until the real deal comes back around.

just for practice sake.

# 25 Cam Fan @ 07/22/14 03:44 PM
I think the conference/university execs are dropping clues that changes is coming very soon. Glad to see the players making their voices heard re: the game.

# 26 GruffyMcGuiness @ 07/22/14 04:02 PM
I feel like they're working on a game under the radar or are just reskining '14 and are ready to release it at any moment. The first new release would probably be a disappointment, but year two would be fantastic. I'd say NCAA 16

# 27 ODogg @ 07/22/14 04:19 PM
For all you folks who are saying it will be a long time even when the legal issues are resolved I think you may be forgetting that EA already has a Next-gen football engine in Madden... It's not like most games where they have to start from scratch..

# 28 Brandwin @ 07/22/14 04:20 PM
Any change EA has been working on an NCAA game still? Obviously not full throttle since there as no game this year, but adding things incase the game does come back next year or two?

# 29 Retropyro @ 07/22/14 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
Do we really need real players in a college football game, though? Just give me real teams, uniforms, and conferences, and I couldn't care less if the players were real or not, by name or by jersey number and physical attributes.
Exactly. Most Dynasty players know that after year 4 it's nothing but computer generated players anyway.

# 30 ODogg @ 07/22/14 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
Exactly. Most Dynasty players know that after year 4 it's nothing but computer generated players anyway.
I think you guys are forgetting that a lot of people play online with the default rosters so in that respect the rosters being real is a huge aspect.

# 31 Cam Fan @ 07/22/14 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
For all you folks who are saying it will be a long time even when the legal issues are resolved I think you may be forgetting that EA already has a Next-gen football engine in Madden... It's not like most games where they have to start from scratch..
True. They even (reportedly) have a shell of a CFB game as it was being worked on til the day of cancellation.

# 32 Ran61nash @ 07/22/14 08:48 PM
What about a college hoops game?

# 33 Dr Death @ 07/22/14 09:55 PM
Quote:
That may be true, but from the Madden videos that I have seen, especially since it's the SECOND game on the new-gen systems, the game looks horrible. Too robotic. Please, EA... PLEASE, for the love of God, just get some great programmers in and start over... you keep releasing a broken game every year and now you're just porting over a broken game.

Do us all a solid and start from scratch and release a truly customizable and great game! PLEASE!!!

# 34 ODogg @ 07/23/14 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
That may be true, but from the Madden videos that I have seen, especially since it's the SECOND game on the new-gen systems, the game looks horrible. Too robotic. Please, EA... PLEASE, for the love of God, just get some great programmers in and start over... you keep releasing a broken game every year and now you're just porting over a broken game.

Do us all a solid and start from scratch and release a truly customizable and great game! PLEASE!!!
Hmmm... I think the Madden 15 videos look really really good myself. I'd be more than happy for a new NCAA game using that as a starting point.

# 35 Skyboxer @ 07/23/14 07:46 AM
Quote:
Hmmm... I think the Madden 15 videos look really really good myself. I'd be more than happy for a new NCAA game using that as a starting point.
Same here. ..Madden 15 looks really nice with some very good improvements. Rex etc.. Have done some nice work.
Can't wait til August!
With that said hope we get an ncaa game by 2016.
I've got the last one to hold me over until then.

# 36 DKHardee @ 07/23/14 10:32 AM
So we could actually have a current college player on the cover!?!

# 37 The JareBear @ 07/23/14 10:40 AM
I am no expert but NCAA 16 seems a little soon. If I had to put money on it I would bet 2018 at earliest.

I would love a NCAA 16, don't get me wrong. If you put NCAA 14s gameplay with M15s graphics, wow, I'd be fine with that for a first year back.

# 38 Quint75 @ 07/23/14 02:12 PM
Quote:
I think you guys are forgetting that a lot of people play online with the default rosters so in that respect the rosters being real is a huge aspect.

Oh I agree that it would matter to 80% of the people out there. Just not to me. They could have fake players but still make the teams run similar schemes and I would be fine with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 39 videlsports @ 07/24/14 07:56 PM
I want it back as long as it's non exclusive.

# 40 Dr Death @ 07/24/14 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Same here. ..Madden 15 looks really nice with some very good improvements. Rex etc.. Have done some nice work.
Can't wait til August!
With that said hope we get an ncaa game by 2016.
I've got the last one to hold me over until then.
Well, it's just my opinion - and that of many others as well - but I think you guys are smoking some good EA stuff if you really believe that Madden '15 looks good. The tackling is atrocious, the players look like robots, the commentary is lame beyond belief... if this is what you guys think is a good "starting point" then God help us all...

Sorry... just sharing my feelings and what many others in the community feel...

Start over, EA... for the love of God... start over!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.