Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

EA Sports UFC patch version 1.02 is available now, which includes 3 new fighters (Takeya Mizugaki, TJ Dillashaw and Tyron Woodley) and quite a few fixes (as seen above).

EA Sports has also released a new trailer featuring the new fighters here.

Key Gameplay Updates:
  • Touch Gloves: Users will now have the ability to manually make their fighter touch gloves (or choose not to touch gloves) before beginning to fight by pressing L2 on PS4 or LB on Xbox One. This can be done at the start of every round, or anytime the ref stands the fighters up.
  • Finish the Fight: During a knockout, the attacking fighter can jump on their downed opponent and “finish the fight” by delivering extra strikes as the knockout occurs.
  • Sprawls: The defending fighter now sprawls when successfully defending against a power takedown.
  • Clinch Break from the Cage: Fighters now have the ability to break out of a clinch when pressed against the fence by pressing the L3 button.
  • Power Takedowns and Sweeps: Power takedowns and side control sweeps have been removed from fighters who would not normally have them.
  • Stamina: Stamina no longer regenerates if the user holds block. The user will also take a larger stamina penalty if hit while weak blocking.
  • Sweep Defense: The dominant fighter in the Full Guard position now has a larger window to reverse the Full Guard sweep to Mount.
Play a few matches and let us know what you think.

EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 181 aholbert32 @ 07/29/14 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan8812
Yeah i'm not looking for a definitive answer. More just if such a thing is even possible.
They cant even discuss that though. Sorry.

# 182 ThinkingOfRobots @ 07/29/14 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thanks for the explanation. I think a good baseline for aggression settings should be what they do in the first round.

Using Machida as an example, in the first I should have to pretty much chase him around the cage. He should be using movement and counters regularly and his punch output should be low.

Now I dont think any of us mind if after round 2, AI Machida decides to be more aggressive if he is losing the fight but if he's winning that should be his strategy throughout the fight.

I'd also add Cruz to the low agg list after reading your post. He uses a ton of movement and space.

A good example of what appears to be a medium aggressive fighter in the game is Takeya Mizugaki. I faced him twice last night and while he was somewhat aggressive...it was never overly aggressive. I'd actually call it just active than aggressive. It was only two fights but assuming that it wasnt a placebo, Mizugaki is a good medium example.

Regarding high aggressiveness, I'm re-thinking it after reading your post and I'd remove Diaz and Dillashaw from my list. Diaz is offensive but not to the level of a Belfort or W. Silva.

Assuming that the aggression system value is more than just 1-3, me and I'm sure the other MMA nerds here are willing to rank the fighters on a scale of 1-10 if that helps you organize them. Just let us know.

Having community input on an overall aggressiveness ranking would definitely be of value. What's interesting with your Mizugaki example is that he's actually got a more aggressive set of tuners, but it's his Real AI database that makes him active as opposed to aggressive. W. Silva has high aggression and the most aggressive db as well. Based on my tuning so far, even W. Silva now balances stamina recuperation more in between bouts of high aggression. Machida is much more elusive unless he is losing (ramping up over the course of the fight)

# 183 aholbert32 @ 07/29/14 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOfRobots
Having community input on an overall aggressiveness ranking would definitely be of value. What's interesting with your Mizugaki example is that he's actually got a more aggressive set of tuners, but it's his Real AI database that makes him active as opposed to aggressive. W. Silva has high aggression and the most aggressive db as well. Based on my tuning so far, even W. Silva now balances stamina recuperation more in between bouts of high aggression. Machida is much more elusive unless he is losing (ramping up over the course of the fight)
Interesting about Mizugaki. Do you mind telling me who on the roster has the least aggressive set of tuners?

I'll get to work on a list using video and fightmetric data and post it here. I encourage others to let me know if they disagree with me on any fighter.

# 184 sportsfan8812 @ 07/29/14 04:30 PM
Quote:
They cant even discuss that though. Sorry.
They can't say either yes it is possible or no it isn't? That was literally all I was looking for lol. I'm not even asking if it's something they are looking into or plan on implementing. I am asking if something like that can be physically patched into a game.

Maybe a non-dev can weigh in....... If for instance FIFA 15 came out and it didn't have a career mode, could something like that be patched into the game at a later date or is there a certain limit to what they can do?

I'm not trying to be rude Aholb, sorry if it comes off that way. But i'm just asking in general, broad terms

# 185 Phobia @ 07/29/14 04:31 PM
After spending more time with the game in championship, I feel ratings are playing a much bigger role. Watching me as Overeem get destroyed on the ground against Werdum when he had almost no temp stamina and I'm sitting at full is frustrating but also a joy to see. I was on bottom and literally could block the transition perfectly and he would pass regardless. For 3 rounds I got taken down and beat the hell up, twice was rocked and survived, and could not stop the pass. By some miracle, I managed to sweep him to mount and score the GnP win!

# 186 aholbert32 @ 07/29/14 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan8812
They can't say either yes it is possible or no it isn't? That was literally all I was looking for lol. I'm not even asking if it's something they are looking into or plan on implementing. I am asking if something like that can be physically patched into a game.

Maybe a non-dev can weigh in....... If for instance FIFA 15 came out and it didn't have a career mode, could something like that be patched into the game at a later date or is there a certain limit to what they can do?

I'm not trying to be rude Aholb, sorry if it comes off that way. But i'm just asking in general, broad terms

They can't give you a yes or no. They can't speak on anything other than ai or gameplay.

A mode could be patches in but it's very difficult and could lead to new bugs so it's unlikely to happen.

# 187 shaunbot @ 07/30/14 03:20 AM
Is there a way to turn off fighters automatically switching stances? It gets a bit grating when I have to try and seperate for 3 seconds to switch back to the stance I wanted repeatedly in some fights

# 188 DaveDQ @ 07/30/14 08:50 AM
I fought Jones last night and tried the best I could to avoid constant hooks being thrown my way, but lost by KO in the 3rd.

I felt good about my defense. I don't have a problem with excessive blocking draining stamina. But it should only be when a hit is being blocked. There is a stop in stamina regen when you keep the block held and no hits are coming.

I'd like to see an increase in hit power and with that an increase in stamina drain. That way you may have power but you gave to use it wisely.

Increase hit damage
Increase short and long term stamina drain with excessive striking
Increase damage when a counter is being made
Decrease stamina regen pause when holding block and not receiving strikes

# 189 countryboy @ 07/30/14 10:40 AM
I finally got around to picking this game up.

I obviously didn't play pre-patch, but this game is very, very solid. One question I have is, does anyone else feel that ground transitions happen to quickly?

Example: I was fighting Tate(me) vs Rousey last night and while I understand that Rousey is much more dominant on the ground than Tate, she went from full guard to full mount in the span of about 30 seconds (using accelerated clock). Is this common or do I just stink really bad at transition defense? LOL

If its me, any tips?

Thanks!

# 190 aholbert32 @ 07/30/14 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I finally got around to picking this game up.

I obviously didn't play pre-patch, but this game is very, very solid. One question I have is, does anyone else feel that ground transitions happen to quickly?

Example: I was fighting Tate(me) vs Rousey last night and while I understand that Rousey is much more dominant on the ground than Tate, she went from full guard to full mount in the span of about 30 seconds (using accelerated clock). Is this common or do I just stink really bad at transition defense? LOL

If its me, any tips?

Thanks!
Its fast but you probably need to work on your defense.

# 191 countryboy @ 07/30/14 11:01 AM
Quote:
Its fast but you probably need to work on your defense.
Thanks!

I figured as much.

# 192 aholbert32 @ 07/30/14 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOfRobots
So here is part 1 of my aggression ratings. They are based on 1) the number of total strikes averaged in 3 and 5 round fights using FightMetric stats. 2)The amount a fighter goes forward and strikes first versus relying on counter punching and backwards movement and 3) Personal opinion.

They are based on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being Machida and 10 being Wanderlei. Here are the HW and LHW ratings. More to come later. Let me know your thoughts.

HW

Pat Barry – 3
Travis Browne – 4
JDS – 8
Mark Hunt – 6
Frank Mir – 4
Roy Nelson -4
Big Nog - 3
Overeem -5
Cain – 9
Werdum -7

LHW

Bader – 7
Cormier – 7
Machida – 1
Davis – 6
Evans – 4
Gustaffson – 8
Jones – 7
Liddell – 6 or 7 (Had trouble with this one. Chuck is primarily a counter puncher but when he pushes forward too and when he swarms fires off a ton of punches/.)
Mousasi – 2
Little Nog – 5
Shogun Rua – 6
Wanderlei – 10
Chael – 6
Glover - 7

# 193 GeneralsHockey @ 07/30/14 11:37 AM
Quote:
So here is part 1 of my aggression ratings. They are based on 1) the number of total strikes averaged in 3 and 5 round fights using FightMetric stats. 2)The amount a fighter goes forward and strikes first versus relying on counter punching and backwards movement and 3) Personal opinion.

They are based on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being Machida and 10 being Wanderlei. Here are the HW and LHW ratings. More to come later. Let me know your thoughts.

HW

Pat Barry – 3
Travis Browne – 4
JDS – 8
Mark Hunt – 6
Frank Mir – 4
Roy Nelson -4
Big Nog - 3
Overeem -5
Cain – 9
Werdum -7

LHW

Bader – 7
Cormier – 7
Machida – 1
Davis – 6
Evans – 4
Gustaffson – 8
Jones – 7
Liddell – 6 or 7 (Had trouble with this one. Chuck is primarily a counter puncher but when he pushes forward too and when he swarms fires off a ton of punches/.)
Mousasi – 2
Little Nog – 5
Shogun Rua – 6
Wanderlei – 10
Chael – 3
Glover - 7
I agree with all, but as someone who is a big Chael fan, I think he may be a little too low. He isn't aggressive like Wanderlei, but he is always moving forward and trying to work the takedown and he often takes the centre of the octagon very quickly.

# 194 aholbert32 @ 07/30/14 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralsHockey
I agree with all, but as someone who is a big Chael fan, I think he may be a little too low. He isn't aggressive like Wanderlei, but he is always moving forward and trying to work the takedown and he often takes the centre of the octagon very quickly.
Good point. I'm trying to avoid having Chael throw tons of strikes while moving forward but I think we should move him up to 5.

# 195 aholbert32 @ 07/30/14 03:25 PM
MW

Belfort – 8 (aggressive but more of a counter puncher)
Bisping – 7
Carmont - 3
Franklin -5
Le – 5
Munoz – 5
Phillipou – 5
Rockhold- 6
Silva – 5 (Help needed with Anderson Silva. Counter-puncher who will take whole minutes off without throwing significant strikes. When he hurts someone his aggression is at 8-9).
Jacare – 4
Weidman – 7

WW

Condit – 9 (High average of total strikes thrown per fight)
Nick Diaz – 9
Ellenberger -4
Hendricks – 8
Kampmann – 5
Krauss – 7
Lawler – 7
MacDonald -6
Maia – 5
Saffedine – 6
St. Pierre -7
Woodley - 4

# 196 aholbert32 @ 07/30/14 03:27 PM
This is a rumor based on nothing solid but the next three DLC fighters may be Anthony Johnson, Matt Brown and Tim Kennedy. No release date and like I said I dont have any solid info confirming it so take it as a rumor.

# 197 The JareBear @ 07/30/14 03:28 PM
Quote:
This is a rumor based on nothing solid but the next three DLC fighters may be Anthony Johnson, Matt Brown and Tim Kennedy. No release date and like I said I dont have any solid info confirming it so take it as a rumor.
If this rumor proves to be true, that is a solid three for sure.

# 198 jeremym480 @ 07/30/14 03:54 PM
Quote:
That would be awesome if true.

Honestly, since the next game isn't going to come out for two years, then the best way to stay relevant is through roster updates and patches. They can't afford to stay out of the spotlight too long especially with Madden around the corner, so (IMO) as soon as one fighter pack is released they need to announce the next one within the next two weeks. If not, people will lose interest.

I think they actually did a really good job with the first patch... Heck, I actually have a co-worker who I played a ton of UFC 3 with (and NCAA /Madden) that has been adamant about not making the jump to next gen, that came in my office the day after the patch and was asking all kinds of questions. For guys like him, this games improvement could be a system seller.

For me if tweak the things that the devs have been asking about in this thread, then we could have a really good game. My only gripes after that would be keeping the rosters up-to-date by adding fighters and updating (ratings and weight classes) for current fighters.

I'm looking forward to more news...

edit: Oh and I like what you're doing so far, aholbert32. I can't really disagree with any of your aggression ratings so far.

# 199 aholbert32 @ 07/30/14 04:03 PM
LW

Cerrone – 5
Nate Diaz – 7
Grant – 6
Henderson- 5
Lauzon – 4
Maynard – 5
Melendez – 8
Miller – 3
Khabib N. – 4
Pearson - 4
Pettis – 5
Thomson – 4

FW

Aldo – 5
Edgar – 8
Guida – 5 (Tons of movement but doesn't throw a ton of strikes)
Jung – 6
Lamas -5
McGregor – 7
Mendes -3 (Aggressive for takedowns but not strikes. If takedown attempts are involved in Aggression then increase to 5)
Penn – 6
Poirier – 7
Siver -6
Swanson -7

# 200 jeremym480 @ 07/30/14 04:42 PM
I know that someone said that they were seeing too many knockouts post patch, but I haven't really been seeing that at all.

Here's my stats Pre and Post Patch

Pre-Patch
Decision - 14 (26.42%)
Knockout - 15 (28.30%)
TKO - 13 (24.53%)
Submission - 11 (20.75%)
53 Fights

Post Patch
Decision - 18 (42.86%)
Knockout - 9 (21.43%)
TKO - 10 (23.81%)
Submission - 5 (11.90%)
42 Fights

*Settings: This is with me playing against the CPU in every fight. The majority of the fights are on Hard, but there are some on Normal as well. I'm not too great, honestly, so I get my butt handed to me on Hard. On the flip side, I'm pretty dominate on Normal. I use Random.Org to decide which level I play on, but I always play Main Events and Number 1 Contenders Fights on Hard.

At this point my biggest complaint is fighter aggression. I fought against Guida last night with Edgar and he fought like a mad man. I know he's pretty aggressive in real life, but not as aggressive as he is in the game. As I've said in the past, it's almost impossible to win a decision against the CPU (especially on Hard) simply because of the amount of strikes they throw. In the fight I lost last night (just going of off memory, I can look at the actual stats when I get home) I landed a much higher percentage, but since there's such a big discrepancy in strikes then I'm at a big disadvantage.

Just as a point of reference, so far in my league my overall record against the CPU is 51 wins to 44 losses, but in fights that end in Decisions I'm 9-23. Of those 9 wins only 3-4 came on Hard difficulty. Of course, that also means that I have much more TKO's, KO's and Subs than the CPU, but I guess that's a discussion for another day.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.