Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports has posted their Madden NFL 15 gameplay improvements blog and quite a few new screenshots.

Quite a bit of information on pre-play mechanics, max protect blocking, pre-play coverage adjustments, QB contain, bluff blitzing, improved adaptive AI, defensive play types, kicking game and much more.

Source - EA Sports

Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 MAGboyswifT27 @ 07/26/14 03:17 AM
I like what I just read. A lot of concerns I had are being addressed. I can't wait to play the demo and get my hands on this game Aug 26th, there's hope!

# 62 Skyboxer @ 07/26/14 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Ok, I'm ready to have it out with you on this, lol. Even if I concede this point you keep making about changes at the LOS not being so flamboyant and time consuming, we still don't see 32 starting QBs in the NFL, which Madden is based on, out there drawing up plays at the LOS or even ad libbing in general on game day like can be done in Madden. ?

Another thing that would help is when selecting plays with different personnel, have a "delay" or actually have players having to run onto and off the field. This would cut into the play clock realistically and then limit the amount of time QB's have to hot route etc..
Another thing asked for and hopefully implemented sometime.

# 63 Jarodd21 @ 07/26/14 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Good to hear about the CPU AI making adjustments and even making audibles based on what you call.

Hopefully this is true. I've heard about adaptive ai before.
There are going to be a decent amount of people complaining about the CPU being psychic when they make adjustments. I can see it now. I'm all for them being adaptive to my playcalling. It would really force people to mix up there playcalling.

# 64 The JareBear @ 07/26/14 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
There are going to be a decent amount of people complaining about the CPU being psychic when they make adjustments. I can see it now. I'm all for them being adaptive to my playcalling. It would really force people to mix up there playcalling.
Exactly. Great post.

It's like people thinking MLB The Show has "comeback AI." Sometimes the other guy puts the perfect swing on a good pitch, sometimes the other guy calls the perfect play for your offensive play call. I want them to make the CPU as tough as possible.

Also, I hope you and charter come out with sliders again this year, you guys keep me gaming when it comes to Madden.

# 65 jmurphy31 @ 07/26/14 07:36 PM
Quote:
I remember tecmo super bowl back in the day when you would play a season by week 10 the cpu would all sorts of cheat. Pick your play almost every down, fumbles happened a lot, the cpu was all powered up, etc. You had to play almost perfect to win. It was great.

As long as the CPU doesn't go into robo qb mode or anything to that extreme I'm all for the upgrade in defense.

# 66 DeuceDouglas @ 07/26/14 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
It's like people thinking MLB The Show has "comeback AI." Sometimes the other guy puts the perfect swing on a good pitch, sometimes the other guy calls the perfect play for your offensive play call. I want them to make the CPU as tough as possible.
As long as the CPU doesn't go all Madden 94 on the SNES I think it will be fine. And what I mean by that is I remember coming out in a fake punt and everytime the cpu would come out and immediately audible to a base defense because they knew. Anything to make the CPU tougher and smarter I'm all for.

One thing I'd like to see with all the protect the sidelines stuff is a concerted effort by the CPU to get out of bounds and run plays that are designed to get out bounds when the situation calls for it. I don't expect that to be the case but at least running plays designed towards the sideline should be easily doable.

# 67 Jarodd21 @ 07/26/14 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Exactly. Great post.

Also, I hope you and charter come out with sliders again this year, you guys keep me gaming when it comes to Madden.
Yeah I'll definitely be making sliders again this year. Sounds like they made it fun for me again to the point where the CPU will be a challenge. Madden 13 and 25 had too many broken area's that made beaten the CPU easy which is not fun for me. I got burnt out with both of those games earlier then I usually do because I couldn't keep the CPU competitive enough. We'll see how it goes this year. Just got done preordering it earlier today.

# 68 wordtobigbird @ 07/26/14 08:30 PM
Quote:
Yeah I'll definitely be making sliders again this year. Sounds like they made it fun for me again to the point where the CPU will be a challenge. Madden 13 and 25 had too many broken area's that made beaten the CPU easy which is not fun for me. I got burnt out with both of those games earlier then I usually do because I couldn't keep the CPU competitive enough. We'll see how it goes this year. Just got done preordering it earlier today.
Looking forward to the sliders too. I'm excited the base game will have competitive CPU and defense.

# 69 wordtobigbird @ 07/26/14 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
As long as the CPU doesn't go all Madden 94 on the SNES I think it will be fine. And what I mean by that is I remember coming out in a fake punt and everytime the cpu would come out and immediately audible to a base defense because they knew. Anything to make the CPU tougher and smarter I'm all for.

One thing I'd like to see with all the protect the sidelines stuff is a concerted effort by the CPU to get out of bounds and run plays that are designed to get out bounds when the situation calls for it. I don't expect that to be the case but at least running plays designed towards the sideline should be easily doable.
There is still some of that with M25. For example, if you do ask madden they will tell you if the CPU is faking. So they hopefully they get rid of all that psychic stuff.

# 70 Jakeness23 @ 07/26/14 08:34 PM
2 big problems I have are:
1) Fake snap is the ONLY way a linemen will jump, forcing a false start. There should be something where you or the CPU can jump, trying to force a false start. Risk/reward: You risk jumping into the neutral zone and be called for offsides or when you are coming back to your stance the ball is snapped and you get a poor jump. Reward is you either get a good jump off the line or force the false start.

2) The fact that the CPU audibles EVERY TIME that you audible. I get it, sometimes they see a change and they adapt to what they THINK is coming (though I use that loosely considering they audible to the perfect call to defend your play 9 times out of 10). But sometimes they should just stick with their play and go with it.

# 71 DeuceDouglas @ 07/26/14 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
There is still some of that with M25. For example, if you do ask madden they will tell you if the CPU is faking. So they hopefully they get rid of all that psychic stuff.
Yeah, that's just more of a design flaw in the play call screen. I really hope that's changed as well though. Get rid of it automatically queuing up ask madden on fourth down, pretty simple.

I remember playing last year though and having a situation where the CPU was going to fake it so I called a timeout and then they actually came out and went for it on a fourth down. It would be cool if they came out and then called a time out on their own and then decided to go for it.

# 72 wordtobigbird @ 07/26/14 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Yeah, that's just more of a design flaw in the play call screen. I really hope that's changed as well though. Get rid of it automatically queuing up ask madden on fourth down, pretty simple.

I remember playing last year though and having a situation where the CPU was going to fake it so I called a timeout and then they actually came out and went for it on a fourth down. It would be cool if they came out and then called a time out on their own and then decided to go for it.
I'm all for anything that adds more life to the CPU. They are so predictable it's frustrating.

# 73 StefJoeHalt @ 07/26/14 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Another thing that would help is when selecting plays with different personnel, have a "delay" or actually have players having to run onto and off the field. This would cut into the play clock realistically and then limit the amount of time QB's have to hot route etc..

I would def love this..however not sure how that work with accelerated clock though ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 74 Skyboxer @ 07/27/14 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
I would def love this..however not sure how that work with accelerated clock though ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If we could get that kind of realism it would help with the time issues for me and not need accelerated clock.
If someone still wanted acc clock then have it when that is used the "mode" of players coming on/off is turned off.
Like MLB The Show has different modes that turn on/off certain things like batter walkup etc..

# 75 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 07/27/14 10:29 AM
I think the adjustments to the kicking game might be one of the most exciting changes for me; the punting especially. I had to start simulating punts for the AI team because they'd routinely punt it 20 yards out of bounds when they had a chance to pin me deep in my own zone.

# 76 countryboy @ 07/27/14 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Sad thing is, the different personnel packages were in Genesis versions of the games. You would select say "Hands" and players would run off and on the field. Very cool

# 77 DJ @ 07/27/14 10:55 AM
A lot of nice improvements here. I wonder how many will make their way to the PS3/360 version.

# 78 Sheba2011 @ 07/28/14 09:36 AM
Some of these are amazing improvements that we have been asking for a long time now, let's just hope they all work as planned. And I am praying they finally fixed the penalty sliders so they actually work. Nothing worse than playing a whole game without a single penalty called, absolutely kills the realism.

# 79 headzapp @ 07/28/14 09:38 AM
Is there dynamic snow? That's one of the few few few things that bugged me in the last game. When there are tackles and the snow didn't move. Anyway so excited for this game!

# 80 mestevo @ 07/28/14 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by headzapp
Is there dynamic snow? That's one of the few few few things that bugged me in the last game. When there are tackles and the snow didn't move. Anyway so excited for this game!
Thought the snow looked awesome last year. Either way I seem to remember Clint suggesting weather didn't get any love this year.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.