Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Gamestop always seems to release a few nuggets of information before game companies do. It looks like they have come through yet again with a few Madden NFL 15 connected franchise details. While it isn't much, it's definitely something worth talking about, at least until EA Sports and the Madden team decide to.

Quote:
Connected Franchise - Interact and build your team with more control in Game Prep all-new to CFM. Want to develop your backup QB? Between matchups, spend extra time on him each week to earn training points without having to force him into the real games before he is ready. Also new in CFM is the Confidence rating system. Build your teams' confidence through performance and front office transactions. Balance keeping player's confidence up, to increase abilities and build player XP.

Let us know what you think.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mestevo @ 07/28/14 07:43 PM
"Oops"

Confidence could be awesome... the development piece too depending how it's done.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

# 2 Cowboy008 @ 07/28/14 07:50 PM
I'm going to guess the thing about developing the back up QB is the new type of practice they are introducing this year. It kinda sounds to me like the confidence thing is kinda like team chemistry maybe. I like what I read can't wait until EA releases CFM info.

# 3 StL_RamZ @ 07/28/14 07:57 PM
wonder what they mean by "increase abilities"

could they implement something similar to 2k's Signature Skills?

maybe I'm reading too much into it

well we will be getting CFM info soon enough

# 4 bcruise @ 07/28/14 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
I don't know if anyone has noticed this but Gamestop has a little info on CFM.

"Connected Franchise - Interact and build your team with more control in Game Prep all-new to CFM. Want to develop your backup QB? Between matchups, spend extra time on him each week to earn training points without having to force him into the real games before he is ready. Also new in CFM is the Confidence rating system. Build your teams' confidence through performance and front office transactions. Balance keeping player's confidence up, to increase abilities and build player XP."

If this has been posted or mentioned it can be closed.
Burning question here is "Will the AI use it too?" If so this sounds interesting, if not...

# 5 splff3000 @ 07/28/14 08:01 PM
I'm pretty sure the confidence rating was in madden 25 already as a trait, but you couldn't adjust it. I'm guessing now you will be able adjust it with xp.

# 6 oneamongthefence @ 07/28/14 08:14 PM
It was in Madden 25 but it was based strictly on player performance. But it says team and it sounds like it fluctuates based on coach/owner moves. Maybe that means if you're a coach and make questionable decisions, your team will not play as well as they could.

# 7 ggsimmonds @ 07/28/14 08:23 PM
lol, a few weeks back I made a post where I jokingly spoiled the new improvements to CFM and guess what, I was pretty damn close. My skills at prophecy aside, I'm a little upset about this.

# 8 LordHorc @ 07/28/14 08:30 PM
If done correctly, this could be the best thing theyve done in recent memory. I have great ideas on how it should be implemented, but it all depends on the final product. This has the ability to be great, and if it isn't now - they should be able to improve upon it next year

# 9 jmurphy31 @ 07/28/14 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Burning question here is "Will the AI use it too?" If so this sounds interesting, if not...
This x100. If not user teams will be more dominant over CPU teams.

I do like the idea of developing back ups this way. If implemented correctly

# 10 24 @ 07/28/14 08:54 PM
They need to get rid of the XP system and shift towards a numbers based progression system. Either that or implement something similar to what The Show uses.

I like the idea of developing your backup QB though. Hopefully the CPU will use the feature as well.

# 11 Sub_ZERO2777 @ 07/28/14 09:11 PM
Lets just hope ea with fix the drafting by the cpu for example when i was in my draft the 49ers took a qb in the second round and a punter in the 3 lol WHAT!!!!! , I also hope the fix the re-signing players in madden 15 it was close to impossible to sign back your player without go overboard .and lastly i hope the fix the ratings i never understood why someone like j.j watt would be 99 overall when i use the Texans but a 82 when i used the bengals?

# 12 DeuceDouglas @ 07/28/14 09:14 PM
Quote:
Connected Franchise - Interact and build your team with more control in Game Prep all-new to CFM. Want to develop your backup QB? Between matchups, spend extra time on him each week to earn training points without having to force him into the real games before he is ready. Also new in CFM is the Confidence rating system. Build your teams' confidence through performance and front office transactions. Balance keeping player's confidence up, to increase abilities and build player XP.
That sounds pretty awful. Confidence sounds interesting and like some sort of team chemistry mechanic. Don't know if I like the fact that being confident helps your players xp increase. And the last thing I want to do during my season is spend extra time not playing the games so if it can't be simulated, it'll be a complete failure to me. But because of online, I think it will be exactly the case. Hopefully, there's a lot more "little things" like with the gameplay.

# 13 azdawgpound @ 07/28/14 09:16 PM
Quote:

We'll they said they made the AI smarter and when they added the moves to the d-line ppl asked same will the cmp use them as we'll and EA said yes so I don't see why the AI wouldn't use this.

# 14 bcruise @ 07/28/14 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
We'll they said they made the AI smarter and when they added the moves to the d-line ppl asked same will the cmp use them as we'll and EA said yes so I don't see why the AI wouldn't use this.
I do. Gameplay and Front End are entirely different - that requires a whole different type of AI logic.

# 15 michiganfan8620 @ 07/28/14 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub_ZERO2777
Lets just hope ea with fix the drafting by the cpu for example when i was in my draft the 49ers took a qb in the second round and a punter in the 3 lol WHAT!!!!! , I also hope the fix the re-signing players in madden 15 it was close to impossible to sign back your player without go overboard .and lastly i hope the fix the ratings i never understood why someone like j.j watt would be 99 overall when i use the Texans but a 82 when i used the bengals?
That's a scheme related thing. The bengals probably have LE set as 4-3 speed rusher, if you switch your scheme/role thing it should be a higher OVR than 82

# 16 CM Hooe @ 07/28/14 09:41 PM
Not really sure how to parse this without a clear explanation of how this new system works.

At least we now officially know there are new things in CFM this year.

# 17 azdawgpound @ 07/28/14 09:48 PM
Quote:
I do. Gameplay and Front End are entirely different - that requires a whole different type of AI logic.

we'll lets hope they fixed it as we'll because the AI needs to be better in all area's of the game.

esp in the front office area where they dismantle teams by releasing a lot of the good players.

# 18 The JareBear @ 07/28/14 09:49 PM
If the CPU takes advantage of the new features, great.

If not, it's just two more things I will need house rules for in order to manufacture a challenge.

# 19 jyoung @ 07/28/14 10:09 PM
That confidence description reminds me of the motivation feature from NCAA Football 08:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2007/06/...-08-motivation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN
Before the ball is snapped, you have a chance to see how motivated a player is as they contribute to plays or make a difference during the game. If you consistently make plays with one player, you can get him into the zone, which will elevate his stats. This indication, represented by a ring of fire, will show that at that moment he's at the top of his game. As a result, you'll want to put him in the position to make a big play that can completely change the tempo of the game. For instance, get a running back into the zone, and you'll notice that their ability to break tackles and stay on their feet is dramatically heightened.

If you make a big play, the crowd won't be the only group reacting to your actions. Your teammates will receive a boost to their motivation, making them hit their blocks or their tackles even harder. This effect is known as the sphere of influence, and it will quickly radiate outwards from your athlete to his teammates, getting them into the game. What's cool about the motivation feature is that you don't have to be in control of an impact player to get into the zone or trigger a sphere of influence boost. Any player on the field can make critical plays and lead by example for their teammates; however, you may find that impact players will have much more influence on other players than a regular athlete.

Squads can also lose motivation if the opposing team manages to gain significant yardage on an offensive play or cause a loss of yardage on defense. In short, if you want to avoid your players seesawing between gaining and losing motivation, make sure that your players do their jobs as best as they possibly can.

# 20 Cusefan @ 07/28/14 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24
They need to get rid of the XP system and shift towards a numbers based progression system. Either that or implement something similar to what The Show uses.

I like the idea of developing your backup QB though. Hopefully the CPU will use the feature as well.

I'm hopeful that players will have ceilings so you can't just replace Tom Brady with Tom Brady every single year. After about 3 years or less with a QB you know if you have a bust on your hands. I'm not hoping for more busts but more variety with how players develop.

« Previous12345678910Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.