Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Gamestop always seems to release a few nuggets of information before game companies do. It looks like they have come through yet again with a few Madden NFL 15 connected franchise details. While it isn't much, it's definitely something worth talking about, at least until EA Sports and the Madden team decide to.

Quote:
Connected Franchise - Interact and build your team with more control in Game Prep all-new to CFM. Want to develop your backup QB? Between matchups, spend extra time on him each week to earn training points without having to force him into the real games before he is ready. Also new in CFM is the Confidence rating system. Build your teams' confidence through performance and front office transactions. Balance keeping player's confidence up, to increase abilities and build player XP.

Let us know what you think.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 charter04 @ 07/31/14 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saynt614
So no NCAA 15 this year?

So no imported draft classes?

So we seriously have to listen to the terrible fake player back stories during the draft that have unrealistic names?

Last year they had a MLB named Wolverine Justice.... seriously? WTF EA

Put a damn Draft Class Creator in the game already.

For real. One draft class has a OL player named Guy Whimper, a RB named Tshimanga Biakabutuka, and a player named Fair Hooker.

Oh wait those are real players names. Whoops. Lol

Seriously though I want editable draft classes too.

# 122 saynt614 @ 07/31/14 01:14 PM
Also another annoyance or further proof that EA has no clue:

In Madden 25 Dennis Allen the Raiders HC had a visor on with the Raiders logo.

During my franchise I fired him and he was then brought in as the Jets HC the next year.(something that would never happen IRL)

What was annoying was that he still had the visor on with The Raiders logo... even though he was now the Jets HC.

Also... same thing with Mike Mccoy... visor with The Chargers logo... brought in as the HC of the Packers... still has The Chargers logo on the hat.

That is some serious flawed and lazy developing IMO.

This was the 360 version, I didn't get to play the "Next Gen" version. So I dunno if they fixed it for the Xbox One or PS4

# 123 jeremym480 @ 07/31/14 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
For real. One draft class has a OL player named Guy Whimper, a RB named Tshimanga Biakabutuka, and a player named Fair Hooker.

Don't forget about Harry Colon and my personal favorite Dick Shiner.

# 124 The JareBear @ 07/31/14 02:53 PM
I'm very happy EA made upgrading players more intuitive. It was seriously tedious before.

# 125 ggsimmonds @ 07/31/14 02:57 PM
Quote:

While there are odd real life names, the stupid names in Madden always relate to the type of player he is. A defensive player that can play every position on the front seven: Sir Economy. A RB who specializes in trucking defenders:Bull Grimes. A WR known for his quick cuts: Something (can't remember his first name) Swift. There are plenty others like that.

# 126 Dr Death @ 07/31/14 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saynt614
Last year they had a MLB named Wolverine Justice.... seriously?
Look at it this way... if he didn't exist, and they had some "fake" guy named Clowney... everyone would be laughing and going off about that... So Wolverine Justice isn't too bad... LOL

I think I'd rather have a LB named Wolverine than a DE named Clowney...

# 127 oneamongthefence @ 07/31/14 03:04 PM
There needs to be logic in place that looks at production, age, and salary cap when the cpu cuts players or let's them leave in Free agency. Cause letting Andy Dalton go in free agency after he was offensive MVP only to back up Colin Kaepernock because he was rated below Colin is crazy. Production rating should tie into overall at least for the cpu to avoid having players have amazing seasons being released since their overall isn't elite.

# 128 charter04 @ 07/31/14 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
While there are odd real life names, the stupid names in Madden always relate to the type of player he is. A defensive player that can play every position on the front seven: Sir Economy. A RB who specializes in trucking defenders:Bull Grimes. A WR known for his quick cuts: Something (can't remember his first name) Swift. There are plenty others like that.

You mean like the former Raider and very fast WR James Jett? Lol

I really do get you point but, I'm more concerned with being able to change ratings with editable classes

# 129 charter04 @ 07/31/14 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Don't forget about Harry Colon and my personal favorite Dick Shiner.

Dick Butkus.

Too Tall Jones

Ben Gay

Yourhighness Morgan (seriously)

# 130 huskerfan4life @ 07/31/14 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
You can train specific players according to this http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...r-and-gauntlet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really liked the interview and I think that it's going to be a cool new touch, but I haven't played madden in 5 or 6 yrs so I was wondering if you can use connected franchise in offline because I don't play online

# 131 kcchiefs1984 @ 07/31/14 05:02 PM
I would like to be able to set the goals for the players prior to the season. Tie production and subsequently, progression into the realization of the goals set in place. I'll use a rb for example. Going into the season you plan on him being the focal point of the offense. You set the expectations at 250+ carries, or 1200 yards. If he meets the selected goal, he earns 100% of the progression set with the chosen goal, 10,000 xp to use a random number. If he gets 200 carries he earns 80%. This would create scenarios where guys are meeting / not meeting expectations.

Production could tie in where meeting the goal he would finish the season with a production rating of 100. At the beginning of season 2 he would start the season with the rating at 50. Split the production earned per season in half after each season. So year two is another successful campaign, 100% production, 50% gained in season, so now his off season production rating is at 75. He is becoming a reliably productive player. A couple more seasons like that and he finishes out his rookie contract progressing nicely and with an overall production rating in the 90's. He is now a highly rated, consistently productive free agent.

This would be a way of establishing core players. You would need to gamble on high expectations for better progression and set reasonable expectations for others players.

# 132 fancyclaps @ 07/31/14 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Look at it this way... if he didn't exist, and they had some "fake" guy named Clowney... everyone would be laughing and going off about that... So Wolverine Justice isn't too bad... LOL

I think I'd rather have a LB named Wolverine than a DE named Clowney...
Or Ha Ha Clinton-Dix...

# 133 ramspeedkill @ 07/31/14 07:32 PM
ability edit attributes,rating on draft classes?

# 134 wordtobigbird @ 07/31/14 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchiefs1984
I would like to be able to set the goals for the players prior to the season. Tie production and subsequently, progression into the realization of the goals set in place. I'll use a rb for example. Going into the season you plan on him being the focal point of the offense. You set the expectations at 250+ carries, or 1200 yards. If he meets the selected goal, he earns 100% of the progression set with the chosen goal, 10,000 xp to use a random number. If he gets 200 carries he earns 80%. This would create scenarios where guys are meeting / not meeting expectations.

Production could tie in where meeting the goal he would finish the season with a production rating of 100. At the beginning of season 2 he would start the season with the rating at 50. Split the production earned per season in half after each season. So year two is another successful campaign, 100% production, 50% gained in season, so now his off season production rating is at 75. He is becoming a reliably productive player. A couple more seasons like that and he finishes out his rookie contract progressing nicely and with an overall production rating in the 90's. He is now a highly rated, consistently productive free agent.

This would be a way of establishing core players. You would need to gamble on high expectations for better progression and set reasonable expectations for others players.
To piggy back off this take another page from FIFA and add "player roles" into this. Are you signing a player to be your franchise or a stop gap? I believe FIFA goes from Crucial 1st team to important 1st team to rotational player to even future starter. Would love to give players this type of label in Madden and have the goals go along with that.

Sign someone and promise them a certain role they should have certain goals to meet. A guy can have 5 sacks and have a great season depending on his role and snaps played.

# 135 totalpoop @ 07/31/14 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
To piggy back off this take another page from FIFA and add "player roles" into this. Are you signing a player to be your franchise or a stop gap? I believe FIFA goes from Crucial 1st team to important 1st team to rotational player to even future starter. Would love to give players this type of label in Madden and have the goals go along with that.

Sign someone and promise them a certain role they should have certain goals to meet. A guy can have 5 sacks and have a great season depending on his role and snaps played.

i've been thinking the exact same thing for a while.

even nba 2k has it and it actually plays a crucial part in free agency/re-signing periods. if you sign a guy promising starter minutes and role you can sign him for less but if you go against your word his morale and overall take a hit and he will either demand a trade or refuse to re-sign.

how has this not been implemented in madden yet is beyond me!

# 136 Junior Moe @ 07/31/14 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird

I just wish that they would bring back the player roles from Madden 12. At least then we have a better understanding of the CPU's roster moves. It's weird to have the Bills selecting a QB high in the first round. Even after EJ Manuel had a pretty solid year (3300 yds, 22 TD's, 10 ints, 56% completion). With the player roles we would know what the CPU is thinking. Did his role change with the new regime and he's now viewed as an "underachiever" instead of "QB of the future"? Ok. Now that pick makes sense. It would just give us more insight into how the CPU views their roster. Because now, the draft and free agency signings make no sense whatsoever.

# 137 ggsimmonds @ 07/31/14 11:35 PM
Quote:
You mean like the former Raider and very fast WR James Jett? Lol

I really do get you point but, I'm more concerned with being able to change ratings with editable classes
Oh I agree completely. Editable draft classes is the one feature that I think CFM needs. With the gameplay improvements that alone would make me happy. But no editable class makes me a disgruntled gamer

# 138 mestevo @ 07/31/14 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Oh I agree completely. Editable draft classes is the one feature that I think CFM needs. With the gameplay improvements that alone would make me happy. But no editable class makes me a disgruntled gamer
Sometimes I wonder how many people would really use editable draft classes. I wouldn't outside of planting friends into drafts or something.

# 139 charter04 @ 08/01/14 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Sometimes I wonder how many people would really use editable draft classes. I wouldn't outside of planting friends into drafts or something.

It's a huge deal in NBA 2k. There are a lot of downloads for custom draft classes on 2k share

# 140 ggsimmonds @ 08/01/14 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
A lot of it is dependent on EA and how well their classes are made.
I would use it to correct the things I cannot tolerate. Things like CBs with linemen strength, OL with 72 strength and 82 speed, the problems with the speed trinity (ever notice how rare it was for a WR/CB to have decent ratings in all three of speed, acc, and agility? Usually it was 92/88/74. I would correct that to something like 90/88/86). And possibly bring the average rating down but that would require testing (schemes complicate matters, but that is a good thing)

Also real life prospects is something that is important to a lot of people, as Charter pointed out in his post.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.