Home
EA Access News Post

EA has just announced EA Access, exclusive for Xbox One users.

Here are a few things that it will offer:
  • EA Access membership unlocks The Vault, a collection of EA’s biggest games on Xbox One ready for you to download and play.
  • Besides the great games in The Vault, EA Access members will save 10% on purchases of EA digital content for Xbox One offered through the Xbox Games Store.
  • Membership in EA Access lets you experience trials of new EA games up to five days before the release date.* It starts with Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition, but more are on the way. If you decide to buy the game, your progress will carry over so you can pick up right where you left off.
You can join EA Access for just $4.99 per month, or you can purchase an annual membership for $29.99 per year on Xbox LIVE. It is in beta right now, but should be rolling out for Xbox One users very soon.

Read the full press release below.

Announcing EA Access for Xbox One: The Best Way to Play EA’s Games

Today we’re revealing a new way for gamers to play more EA games. This is something we’ve never done before and we’re excited to share it with you.

We have partnered with Microsoft to deliver EA Access, an all-new monthly (or annual) membership for gamers exclusively on Xbox One that starts at just $4.99 a month. The service is being rolled out in beta to a limited number of players today, but it will launch for everyone on Xbox One soon. At EA, we are always looking for new ways to make it easier for gamers to play more EA games across all platforms, and we are excited about what EA Access will offer to players on Xbox One.

EA Access membership unlocks The Vault, a collection of EA’s biggest games on Xbox One ready for you to download and play. During the beta, gamers will have unlimited access to four great EA games: FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2 and Battlefield 4™, with more titles being added soon. That’s over $100 worth of games for $4.99 a month. You can play these EA favorites as much as you want with the click of a button.

EA Access is a totally new way for you to play more of the games you love, for less. Here’s a rundown of the additional benefits EA Access members will get:

Awesome Value – Besides the great games in The Vault, EA Access members will save 10% on purchases of EA digital content for Xbox One offered through the Xbox Games Store. From full digital-download titles like the upcoming Dragon Age™ Inquisition or NHL®15, to additional membership services such as Battlefield 4 Premium or even FIFA Ultimate Team points, it’s all 10% off for members.*

Play First – Membership in EA Access lets you experience trials of new EA games up to five days before the release date.* It starts with Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition, but more are on the way. If you decide to buy the game, your progress will carry over so you can pick up right where you left off.

You can join EA Access for just $4.99 per month, or you can purchase an annual membership for $29.99 per year on Xbox LIVE®.

Soon, fans of GameStop will be able to purchase their EA Access membership in local retail stores. GameStop and Amazon will also carry EA Access memberships for Xbox One gamers across Europe, as well as EB Games in Canada.

Excited to check it out? EA Access will launch on Xbox One soon. You will find more information on the program at the EA Access website. Be sure to follow EA Access on Facebook and Twitter as well.

Stay tuned!

*Conditions, limitations and exclusions apply. See www.ea.com/eaaccess for details.

UPDATE: EA just added their FAQ.

UPDATE #2: Here is the official response from Sony.

Quote:
We don’t think asking our fans to pay an additional $5 a month for this EA-specific program represents good value to the PlayStation gamer."

Game: EA AccessHype Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 161 Malcd9583 @ 07/30/14 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
I would be stunned if the Sports games were not full access except for MUT

Just like it was for Season Ticket last gen.

The 2 hour thing is only for story driven game that you cannot get full access for 5 days because you can beat the game.

Sports games has no issue like that.
You never know I've had season ticket and on the site it tells you what time it expires with this they have yet to clarify it. People are asking them and they have yet to give a straight up answer which they won't because they want to sell as many subscription possible.

# 162 Malcd9583 @ 07/30/14 09:33 AM
Quote:
Why is it funny? EA did not say no to PS4...This is not an exclusive thing to MS

Sony said no because they are afraid it will cut into their PS Now sales. That is the only reason behind this.

EA would love to have PS players as well. But Sony throws out this bogus not good value for gamer like they want to speak for you when in reality they should have said.

We do not want to or have the means to pay EA for this and it would hurt our PS Now service which is terribly priced right now.
Yea I know sony passed on it them taking away the fans option sucks but I just meant EA obviously wanted sony because they been doing all their videos with the ps4 this year for the first time in a very long time.

# 163 greenegt @ 07/30/14 09:36 AM
For those who went the $4.99 monthly route, can I pay that with funds from my XBL account or do they ask for Credit/Debit info?

# 164 friscob @ 07/30/14 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegt
For those who went the $4.99 monthly route, can I pay that with funds from my XBL account or do they ask for Credit/Debit info?
Will most likely require an active card bc of an auto renewing policy. Doubt theyll allow one month at a time purchases

# 165 friscob @ 07/30/14 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcd9583
Yea I know sony passed on it them taking away the fans option sucks but I just meant EA obviously wanted sony because they been doing all their videos with the ps4 this year for the first time in a very long time.
Ea wanted the larger player base sony has to offer

# 166 GamerDad4 @ 07/30/14 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Sony's passing on the EA Access really doesn't bother me at this point, at least after the preliminary information that the early release games may be subject to a limited time trial.

If it turns out the sports games in particular are unlimited access then I will be upset
The unlimited access disclaimer is most likely for RPG games like Dragon Age:Inquisition. There are gamers out there who will literally sit there for 5 days and beat the game, giving them no reason to buy the actual game.

Think about it, if it is the full game you are playing, a timed release is the only way you could stop someone from playing the game. The more you play a sports game like Madden or NHL the more likely you are going to keep playing and not stop after just 5 days. It will be unlimited access for the sports games for 5 days. They did it before for 3 days wit the season ticket and it only increased sales.

# 167 Pete1210 @ 07/30/14 10:08 AM
I'm not interested in early access, but may go for this to get the Vault titles. My only concern is that it sounds like the Vault titles are not yours as long as you are a subscriber (like Games w Gold and PS+), but are subject to change; that is Vault titles can be added and removed at EA's discretion.

# 168 mestevo @ 07/30/14 10:11 AM
They already said they have no plans to remove games from the vault, obviously the TOS will have all the CYA language they can fit.

Personally, when I'm up for renewal in a year I'll make a decision on if it's worth it right then, not the future - as I did yesterday when I got Battlefield and FIFA. Even if I got little else I'll probably get my sub back with just those 2 games even if I don't stick with them long.

# 169 countryboy @ 07/30/14 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerDad4
The unlimited access disclaimer is most likely for RPG games like Dragon Age:Inquisition. There are gamers out there who will literally sit there for 5 days and beat the game, giving them no reason to buy the actual game.

Think about it, if it is the full game you are playing, a timed release is the only way you could stop someone from playing the game. The more you play a sports game like Madden or NHL the more likely you are going to keep playing and not stop after just 5 days. It will be unlimited access for the sports games for 5 days. They did it before for 3 days wit the season ticket and it only increased sales.
I understand what you're saying and I would think this would be the case, but until someone from EA, or a user who plays it, confirms the exact terms of use for each game, then I will continue to not be upset that Sony didn't sign on for EA Access.

# 170 greenegt @ 07/30/14 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
Will most likely require an active card bc of an auto renewing policy. Doubt theyll allow one month at a time purchases
That's what I was thought would happen. I think I'll wait until Amazon starts carrying the subs and buy from there. I don't want to put my current CC info on my XBL account.

# 171 Picci @ 07/30/14 10:52 AM
Quote:
Why is it funny? EA did not say no to PS4...This is not an exclusive thing to MS

Sony said no because they are afraid it will cut into their PS Now sales. That is the only reason behind this.

EA would love to have PS players as well. But Sony throws out this bogus not good value for gamer like they want to speak for you when in reality they should have said.

We do not want to or have the means to pay EA for this and it would hurt our PS Now service which is terribly priced right now.
I'm not sure you understand the PSNow angle. Sony is saying no to EA because EA is now competing against Sony. EA can easily put their games on PSNow as the publisher. Remember, all the publishers are putting up their games up with the prices determined by them. If EA wants Sony users, all they have to do is put it up on PSNow for the gamers to rent/buy. Are there any EA games up on PSNow during the demo?

Sorry but there's more to this than you think. EA is in it for something. It hasn't revealed itself yet but it soon will. EA from the beginning was one of strongest voices for DRM. This different strategic plan to move more gamers to digital content and DLC smells like fish to me. There's a reason why EA is repeatedly voted as one of the worst run companies year after year. I don't trust them.

# 172 azdawgpound @ 07/30/14 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegt
That's what I was thought would happen. I think I'll wait until Amazon starts carrying the subs and buy from there. I don't want to put my current CC info on my XBL account.

dosen't xbox have the cards u can buy? like psn has cards u can buy that way u don't have to use your CC?

# 173 countryboy @ 07/30/14 10:59 AM
Quote:
It is about a choice not about Sony looking our for customers. Please

They did not agree to this because it clashes with their streaming service.

Let the customer make a decision...Am sure if Sony got EA Access they will sell tons of accounts
why are you responding to me?

My post was in discussion with someone in regards to the timed trials for early release and had nothing to do with what you're talking about.

# 174 greenegt @ 07/30/14 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
dosen't xbox have the cards u can buy? like psn has cards u can buy that way u don't have to use your CC?
Yes, but it looks like you can't buy the $4.99 monthly sub with funds from your XBL account. They want to bill your CC directly.

# 175 GamerDad4 @ 07/30/14 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I understand what you're saying and I would think this would be the case, but until someone from EA, or a user who plays it, confirms the exact terms of use for each game, then I will continue to not be upset that Sony didn't sign on for EA Access.
That's cool if you don't want EA Access. I just think that Sony is making a mistake by making the decision for it's customers if EA Access is a good value or not. As you can see from this thread, there are people who want it on PS4 and there are people who don't. Sony, let your customers decide what they want or don't want. To me, this is just bad business

I personally have both a PS4 and XB1, so I don't favor one or the other. It would have been nice if it was available on both systems. I would have gladly paid $60 to have it on both systems. Then I could try a game like Madden on both systems and see which version I would spend my hard earned money on

# 176 countryboy @ 07/30/14 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerDad4
That's cool if you don't want EA Access. I just think that Sony is making a mistake by making the decision for it's customers if EA Access is a good value or not. As you can see from this thread, there are people who want it on PS4 and people who don't. Let your customer decide what they want or don't want. To me, this just bad business
its not that I don't want EA Access, its that I don't care to have it if the early release of games(sports games I'm talking about) are strictly on a timed trial/limited time access. If they allow you to play the full game without interruption, then I would be more inclined to buy if it was offered and would be upset that it wasn't offered by Sony.

I understand that people want it and that's cool, but for me personally, at this point it really doesn't bother me that its not being offered. Sony's business decision is for them to decide, not me. I may not agree, but they have their reasons and whether I agree with it or not, I do at least respect their decision.

# 177 Picci @ 07/30/14 11:15 AM
Quote:
Why would EA want their games to be on PS Now streaming service in lower quality then actual download.

EA is just doing what they did for 2-3 years before then with season ticket except now you get to enjoy some older games but most are in it to get early access to future games.

Sony knows that if EA gets the PS fans with the yearly $29.99 they will be more incline to not bother with PS Now
Why? Because then they can get the PS4 clients. That's why they would put it in PSNow. Sony is not going to tell their customers go to EA to get the game. They're trying to promote PSNow. As a publisher, they can put their games up in PSNow. Again, they can rent or buy it.

# 178 TreyIM2 @ 07/30/14 11:32 AM
Ahh. The quote from Sony is interesting. Will see how this plays out over time...

# 179 ricky24 @ 07/30/14 11:33 AM
I wish this would launch already. Want to play some FIFA.

# 180 Gorilla Glass @ 07/30/14 11:40 AM
Besides Madden, it would be nice for EA to revamp some older games, like Desert Strike.

I was going to go with the 4 buck deal, but if I like it and decided to go with the complete deal, I'll end up paying $35 instead of the initial $30 deal

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.