Home
FIFA 15 News Post

EA Sports was unable to reach an agreement with Brazilian clubs, due to some changes in the way players are licensed in Brazil domestic leagues. With that said, Brazilian clubs will not be included in FIFA 15.

Quote:
Today, we want to inform you that due to some changes in the ways players are licensed in Brazil domestic leagues, we were unable to reach an agreement with the Brazilian rights holders for their inclusion in FIFA 15. While this is unfortunate news for many of our fans, we were able to retain the Brazil National Team in FIFA 15 as well as the Brazilian stars that play in other top leagues around the world. Thanks for your understanding as we continue to keep the lines of communication open with the Brazilian rights holders.

Source - EA Sports

Game: FIFA 15Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 9 - View All
FIFA 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Zac @ 07/30/14 12:54 PM
That is complete garbage. EA only has three sports titles left. They only have one of them because they pay for exclusivity (madden). Yet they can't fork over the money to license things in their best selling franchise. Total crap.

# 2 Murph @ 07/30/14 01:52 PM
I'm going to start a career with a Brazilian club and keep playing it until I move on to FIFA 15.

# 3 razorkaos @ 07/30/14 02:20 PM
Man, people on another forum around here (a brazilian forum, btw) are completely pissed with this. Most of them (many of these guys are my friends and they love fifa) are saying they will not buy fifa 15, and they will buy PES, just for the licenses.

Even being brazilian and living in Brazil, i don't play with these teams (i play with lower-league teams from england), i don't even watch the brazilian championship, but man, this was a terrible decision... i know it's not only EA's fault, CBF is probably behind this, but... yeah, this is not good for anyone...

# 4 Zuke @ 07/30/14 02:40 PM
Is this a big deal? are alot of good players not going to be in the game?

Sorry I don't know much about Football was thinking about getting it this year.

# 5 dlxsf18 @ 07/30/14 03:01 PM
What if they dropped it so they could buy the Copa Libertadores license? If it were fully fleshed out with the presentation and everything I'd be happy with that, let's see what they have to say at Gamescom.

# 6 Hunkerdown @ 07/30/14 03:33 PM
If players still in game, not a huge loss, but still sucks for our SA brothers. Hope they come to bat with more leagues, teams, national teams, then will be forgiven.

# 7 hossafan91 @ 07/30/14 03:37 PM
Get more European leagues then! Without a true South American Champions League, the SA leagues are there mostly to be transferred anyway. Add more Euro leagues (Czech, Turkey, Ukraine, Israel, Finland, ect.) and more National teams (Slovakia, Japan, Canada, Costa Rica) as well as the ability to scout these countries in Manager mode. It makes no sense that there are teams that we can't scout for (ie. Hungary, India) and places we can scout, but they can't play nationally, since their team isn't in the game (ie. Japan, Slovakia, Canada). Adding more national teams, and scouting regions, as well as more leagues where there are champions leagues would help a lot.

# 8 speedtrucker @ 07/30/14 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorkaos
Man, people on another forum around here (a brazilian forum, btw) are completely pissed with this. Most of them (many of these guys are my friends and they love fifa) are saying they will not buy fifa 15, and they will buy PES, just for the licenses.

Even being brazilian and living in Brazil, i don't play with these teams (i play with lower-league teams from england), i don't even watch the brazilian championship, but man, this was a terrible decision... i know it's not only EA's fault, CBF is probably behind this, but... yeah, this is not good for anyone...
well have fun playing with the partially licensed Brazilian league on PES while also playing Merseyside Red vs London FC (the PES names for Liverpool and Chelsea...)

it sucks that they coulnd't negotiate the rights again this year but this isn't the first time. it's happened before with NCAA football where a certain school or actual owner of certain rights decides to make a money grab and it isn't worth the cost to include them.

honestly, I've never used a team not in UEFA ever in the FIFA series, outside of National teams.

# 9 Glenn33 @ 07/30/14 03:52 PM
Given their performance in the World Cup - you would think Brazillian clubs would be a little less demanding! *rim shot*

# 10 bad_philanthropy @ 07/30/14 04:01 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if the Brazilian league ends up in '15 still. EA is notorious for last minute additions to FIFA, and it sounds like they are trying to get Brazilian league futbol fans, and FIFA game fans in general to put the pressure on the league given the tone of this statement within the announcement:

"While this is unfortunate news for many of our fans, we were able to retain the Brazil National Team in FIFA 15 as well as the Brazilian stars that play in other top leagues around the world. Thanks for your understanding as we continue to keep the lines of communication open with the Brazilian rights holders."

# 11 sergi @ 07/30/14 04:15 PM
This is garbage . While I think they gonna find a way to change this, I would be really sad without the clubs from my country. Unfortunately, PES usually sucks, so I'll probably be buying FIFA in September.

# 12 razorkaos @ 07/30/14 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
well have fun playing with the partially licensed Brazilian league on PES while also playing Merseyside Red vs London FC (the PES names for Liverpool and Chelsea...)

it sucks that they coulnd't negotiate the rights again this year but this isn't the first time. it's happened before with NCAA football where a certain school or actual owner of certain rights decides to make a money grab and it isn't worth the cost to include them.

honestly, I've never used a team not in UEFA ever in the FIFA series, outside of National teams.
I refuse to play PES. There's no full manual controls in that game (their manual settings feels like semi-assisted to me), tackles and marking are ridiculous, goalkeepers are dumb... that game still feels like a PS2 game for me.

As i've said, i don't play with brazilian teams (i normally pick Brentford or Shrewsbury Town, from England, to play my manager career), but it sucks... see, it's stuff that was in the game, and i doubt we will have a good replacement. Even if i don't like the brazilian championship, there's a lot of good players to buy when you play a manger career... talk about losing agreat pool of talent for your team...

# 13 Cardot @ 07/30/14 04:24 PM
Ai Caramba.

# 14 KennyJ1976 @ 07/30/14 06:13 PM
I doubt this would ever happen, but it would be nice if this put an end to all the ridiculous exclusive license BS, that EA started, and let each game purchase whatever licenses they want and actually let the gameplay be the deciding factor of who has the better soccer/football game between PES and FIFA. Lets see who can be more creative year in and year out when you don't have exclusive licenses to fall back on.

# 15 BigMacAttack22 @ 07/30/14 06:22 PM
As a person who wants as much depth as possible in the game, this is unfortunate. But it's also not a big deal for me. I have never played the Brazilian league, never had the desire to, and I honestly cannot say I scouted many players from that league even though there was a solid talent pool.

Anyway... does anyone actually know what changes were made to the way Brazilian players are licensed and how that may have affected negotiations?

# 16 mcpats @ 07/30/14 10:36 PM
Any chance this means they won't have the real teams, but they can still have the real players on generically named teams?

# 17 Zac @ 07/30/14 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpats
Any chance this means they won't have the real teams, but they can still have the real players on generically named teams?
No the issue is the player licenses. So they will most likely have real teams with fake players. Or just no Brazil league at all.

# 18 KennyJ1976 @ 07/30/14 10:54 PM
I was really looking forward to having some of the World Cup stadiums added to the game. Oh well, I guess that won't be happening anytime soon. Maybe for FIFA 16 their new feature will be customized leagues and a EA locker to share them with the community.

# 19 mcpats @ 07/30/14 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oulzac
No the issue is the player licenses. So they will most likely have real teams with fake players. Or just no Brazil league at all.
Bummer. Like others have said, a big part of the fun of the inclusion of the Brazilian league players was discovering young gems hidden down there.

# 20 JazzMan @ 07/30/14 11:23 PM
Here is where custom leagues and Teambuilder would come in handy. Never understood why EA only used Teambuilder for NCAA.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.