Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Madden NFL 15 made a slight change to upgrading players in Connected Franchise, based off of this image captured from the livestream yesterday.

You will now be able to decide on everything you want to purchase and confirm with a single button press, instead of one at a time. While it's not much, it's a nice time saver.

Let's hope we hear more about Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise soon.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Aggies7 @ 07/31/14 09:50 AM
It does show that you can just chose to upgrade by 2 attribute points with out having to confirm purchase twice. Looks like in the screen they are going +2 on Pass Block. That will be nice instead of going 1 by 1.

# 2 Wrythm @ 07/31/14 09:53 AM
Interface design is appealing to me this year from what I've seen.

# 3 huskerfan4life @ 07/31/14 09:53 AM
what is the connected franchise is it now where you can save you offline franchise year to year like they did in mlb 14 the show?

# 4 StL_RamZ @ 07/31/14 09:57 AM
consistency is a rating now instead of Stars

# 5 DNMHIII @ 07/31/14 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
It does show that you can just chose to upgrade by 2 attribute points with out having to confirm purchase twice. Looks like in the screen they are going +2 on Pass Block. That will be nice instead of going 1 by 1.
Hopefully it's just a slider and you increase it and it gives you a total instead of a set package.

# 6 Aggies7 @ 07/31/14 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
Hopefully it's just a slider and you increase it and it gives you a total instead of a set package.

That's what it looks like on left it shows 2000 something for upgrade and on bottom right it looks like +2 is just over 4000. I think that's what you meant by slider.

# 7 DNMHIII @ 07/31/14 10:09 AM
Quote:
That's what it looks like on left it shows 2000 something for upgrade and on bottom right it looks like +2 is just over 4000. I think that's what you meant by slider.
Yes....except the math doesn't add up in that screen for some reason. My interpretation is that you increase the attributes of each category by moving the slider to the right and it gives you a running total and you press's confirm with one button after you adjusted all the sliders.

# 8 DeuceDouglas @ 07/31/14 10:52 AM
Quote:
Yes....except the math doesn't add up in that screen for some reason. My interpretation is that you increase the attributes of each category by moving the slider to the right and it gives you a running total and you press's confirm with one button after you adjusted all the sliders.
I think that's exactly how it works.

The math probably doesn't add up because each time you upgrade a point, it costs more to upgrade it another point. It's possible that the two points that were upgraded both cost 2082 and the next two points to upgrade cost 2162.

# 9 Aggies7 @ 07/31/14 10:52 AM
Quote:

I agree. Maybe you get a discount for upgrading more than one attribute on a category cause I believe the total should be 4224 instead of 4164. Unless it was say 2000 for +1 and then went up to the 2162 per point when you add the next attribute point. Hope that makes since

# 10 CM Hooe @ 07/31/14 10:54 AM
Also possible that the numbers don't add up because it may be a final mock-up rather than a screenshot, i.e. the concept artist doesn't know math. :-P

On a more serious note, this usability improvement makes me very happy.

# 11 DNMHIII @ 07/31/14 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Also possible that the numbers don't add up because it may be a final mock-up rather than a screenshot, i.e. the concept artist doesn't know math. :-P

Yeah this is a way better system and it makes me happy also.

# 12 Cowboy008 @ 07/31/14 11:04 AM
When I seen this thread I got excited thinking we got something new lol. I seen this last night and it looks like it will be easier to upgrade players.

# 13 Aggies7 @ 07/31/14 11:15 AM
Quote:
Yeah this is a way better system and it makes me happy also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

Makes me very happy too. Now just need to know how we are earning these XP points to spend. (please tell me it's via a mini game training type mode with individual drills)

# 14 friscob @ 07/31/14 11:36 AM
Based strictly on how easy it is to get XP was in last years game that price for increasing the run blocking is a little disheartening.

# 15 Aggies7 @ 07/31/14 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
Based strictly on how easy it is to get XP was in last years game that price for increasing the run blocking is a little disheartening.

I agree but if the way you gain XP this year is different then it may be fine. That's why I hope it's individual drills so you have to chose which linemen to train each week instead of them all gaining a huge lot of XP. Would definitely add a lot of strategy if you could only train one player per position each week.

# 16 friscob @ 07/31/14 11:46 AM
Quote:
I agree but if the way you gain XP this year is different then it may be fine. That's why I hope it's individual drills so you have to chose which linemen to train each week instead of them all gaining a huge lot of XP. Would definitely add a lot of strategy if you could only train one player per position each week.
Yea that's why i can't judge it right now. We'll all find out soon enough.

How would the rest of the team progress if only a select few get sent to individual drills? Would have to be some kind of performance based progression occurring along side of it that doesn't toss extreme amounts of xp at everyone i guess.

# 17 DNMHIII @ 07/31/14 11:48 AM
Quote:
I also think an XP slider that's adjusts the XP earned would be good and probably pretty simple to implement. This could be placed in the settings and adjusted on the fly.

Example:
Level 1= 25% (users that have issues with how easy it is to get XP)
Level 2 = 50%
Level 3 = 75%
Level 4 = 100% (users that want max XP)

I think a lot of issues that people have could be resolved with working gameplay sliders and more flexibility built into the settings area of the game. If the sliders worked and XP was adjustable and people could edit players completely at anytime it would nice.

# 18 Aggies7 @ 07/31/14 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
Yea that's why i can't judge it right now. We'll all find out soon enough.

How would the rest of the team progress if only a select few get sent to individual drills? Would have to be some kind of performance based progression occurring along side of it that doesn't toss extreme amounts of xp at everyone i guess.

Probably more advanced than we will get but maybe:

1 starter at each position (based on depth chart) at each position per week.

2 back ups on each side of the ball (based on depth chart) per week.

That way you would get to chose weekly who you want to progress. You want a top LT then you will be training him each week and neglecting the rest of Offensive Line. Or you can chose a different player each week during the season to try and slowly progress your whole line.

Then in the Off Season you can progress more.

Just a thought and honestly I could see an issue with the whole basing it on depth chart and people moving starters to second string to cheat, but was just an idea.

# 19 Zeffy @ 07/31/14 12:03 PM
Hopefully. I'd like to see players gain a dynamic XP each game, regardless of whether they did anything stats-wise, to account for them getting more experienced. Typically, players get better over the course of a season. Maybe a player could gain XP based on how many snaps they took? ie. the more that guy plays, the more XP he gets. This would be on top of XP they can earn for stats (3 passing tds, 100 rushing yds, whatever) and in practice. I was really annoyed in 13 and 25 when my players wouldn't get any better if they didn't have great games.

In practice, would love to see mini-games, but just like the Drills in NBA2K, I think they would get boring and monotonous after a few times through. I would think drills would only be available in the off-season (and maybe pre-season? because Training Camp is still going on) to promote development in certain aspects of your team, kinda like Mini Camp in the old Maddens, then Practice for in-season.

# 20 DeuceDouglas @ 07/31/14 12:14 PM
I really hope they figured out a way to input coaches into this somehow. My guess is if they did make their way in that they would simply offer percentage decreases on certain attribute upgrades. A good OL coach results in less points to upgrade Run and Pass Blocking, an average coach the cost is the standard, a poor coach maybe a slight increase in how much these cost.

It would really be nice to be able to put together an entire staff of coaches that truly affected how players could develop and that have specialized abilities.

On a side note, I hope that the more convenient UI covers more than just the upgrade screen. UI on a whole in CFM is just awful and slow. I won't get into it all but everything needs to be sped up and easier to find.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.