Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Madden NFL 15 made a slight change to upgrading players in Connected Franchise, based off of this image captured from the livestream yesterday.

You will now be able to decide on everything you want to purchase and confirm with a single button press, instead of one at a time. While it's not much, it's a nice time saver.

Let's hope we hear more about Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise soon.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 StefJoeHalt @ 07/31/14 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I really hope they figured out a way to input coaches into this somehow. My guess is if they did make their way in that they would simply offer percentage decreases on certain attribute upgrades. A good OL coach results in less points to upgrade Run and Pass Blocking, an average coach the cost is the standard, a poor coach maybe a slight increase in how much these cost.

It would really be nice to be able to put together an entire staff of coaches that truly affected how players could develop and that have specialized abilities.

On a side note, I hope that the more convenient UI covers more than just the upgrade screen. UI on a whole in CFM is just awful and slow. I won't get into it all but everything needs to be sped up and easier to find.

I want this..it is a major thing is sports in general..however I could see if they install coaches this year will have very little effect on anything and will be more eye candy

# 22 DeuceDouglas @ 07/31/14 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
I want this..it is a major thing is sports in general..however I could see if they install coaches this year will have very little effect on anything and will be more eye candy
I really hope not. Eye candy is the worst.

Hopefully with the talk of this confidence and weekly prep coaches will play a role. If I had to guess though I'd say the best we'll see is offensive and defensive coordinators which will be a disappointment whether they have an affect or not.

And if you had coaching staffs that mattered it would make something like having a practice squad actually matter as well.

# 23 StefJoeHalt @ 07/31/14 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I really hope not. Eye candy is the worst.

Hopefully with the talk of this confidence and weekly prep coaches will play a role. If I had to guess though I'd say the best we'll see is offensive and defensive coordinators which will be a disappointment whether they have an affect or not.

And if you had coaching staffs that mattered it would make something like having a practice squad actually matter as well.

Small issue that I just thought of though..in all games seen so far..no sign of OC and/or DC on sideline..which kind of leads me to think no assistant coaches

# 24 rkocjay @ 07/31/14 01:10 PM
in madden 25 his "real" overall rating is around the 80 range and in cfm his rating is almost 90 (89) so im hoping that 81 overall is the "real" number in cfm

# 25 The JareBear @ 07/31/14 01:15 PM
Thank goodness. Very happy about this. Upgrading was a pain before

# 26 Grey_Osprey @ 07/31/14 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
I also think an XP slider that's adjusts the XP earned would be good and probably pretty simple to implement. This could be placed in the settings and adjusted on the fly.

Example:
Level 1= 25% (users that have issues with how easy it is to get XP)
Level 2 = 50%
Level 3 = 75%
Level 4 = 100% (users that want max XP)

I think a lot of issues that people have could be resolved with working gameplay sliders and more flexibility built into the settings area of the game. If the sliders worked and XP was adjustable and people could edit players completely at anytime it would nice.
Maybe a concept similar to NCAA's coach skill tree system, where you could set how slow/fast your coach progressed, could be implemented for the xp system. Being able to "slow" down how fast/much the user earns xp would come in handy if the cpu doesn't earn/utilizes xp properly, or for those players that feel the amount of xp earned causes players to progress too fast.

At any rate, not having to upgrade 1 point at a time was one of my must haves for CFM/franchise. I would like to see them modify the xp system a little further to only being able to utilize xp to upgrade attributes associated with earning it, but this is a step in the right direction.

# 27 usaaaaaa @ 07/31/14 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alichu
LOL where have you been the past two years?
Its the old "franchise mode" but even better with story lines etc....
better? are you sure?

# 28 Madwolf @ 07/31/14 11:27 PM
Very happy about this, upgrading could take up to an hour with the hold system. Not to mention I do it by position, and it would always go back to "All" when I finished with a player.

# 29 Kotter @ 07/31/14 11:50 PM
I didn't buy last years, but I'd imagine the process was similar to how it was in Madden 13. The way I did it was establish a set number of XP (I can't remember what the number was) and if a player had more than that, I'd spend em. If a player had less, I wouldn't worry about him (until of course he accumulated enough). It came out to upgrading 5-8 players a week, so it only took a few minutes.

# 30 Potatoes002 @ 08/01/14 01:38 AM
Assuming the individual skills are being ranked in importance from top to bottom, it is interesting to see the new consistency rating being 5th on the list. Hopefully this has a noticeable effect on the gameplay.

# 31 Gman 18 @ 08/01/14 09:14 AM
Is it just me, or is it annoying that EA still didn't update most player's portraits since madden 11? Bushrod still has the same portrait as he did in madden 11

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

# 32 OhMrHanky @ 08/01/14 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
Is it just me, or is it annoying that EA still didn't update most player's portraits since madden 11? Bushrod still has the same portrait as he did in madden 11

I'm curious to see if Julio jones pic finally lost the dreds he cut off his rookie season, I believe. Lol. That pic absolutely kills me.

# 33 Gman 18 @ 08/01/14 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
I'm curious to see if Julio jones pic finally lost the dreds he cut off his rookie season, I believe. Lol. That pic absolutely kills me.
How hard could it possibly be to update the player portraits YEARLY for AT LEAST the good players in the NFL? Every year 2k does it, so how hard could it possibly be for EA? The funny thing is that last year several players that were on the all-25 team had updated portraits on the all-25 team roster but not on the regular rosters, such as Rob Gronk, Larry Fitzgerald and Adrian Peterson.

# 34 StL_RamZ @ 08/02/14 12:41 AM
Quote:

not that long ago there was a thread started by someone can't remember his name but he was asking everyone if there's player portraits that needed to be updated for madden

* ill edit this post with a link to that thread if I can find it

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...portraits.html

it was KANE699 that asked for help, the same person that handles the uniforms for madden.

# 35 Sheba2011 @ 08/02/14 12:55 AM
Quote:
How hard could it possibly be to update the player portraits YEARLY for AT LEAST the good players in the NFL? Every year 2k does it, so how hard could it possibly be for EA? The funny thing is that last year several players that were on the all-25 team had updated portraits on the all-25 team roster but not on the regular rosters, such as Rob Gronk, Larry Fitzgerald and Adrian Peterson.

There is only so much time they can dedicate to the game while it is annoying to see the same portraits year after year that is very low on the list of things that need to be worked on. I would much rather them spend their time on something that actually affects the game than updating portraits.

# 36 Gman 18 @ 08/04/14 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
There is only so much time they can dedicate to the game while it is annoying to see the same portraits year after year that is very low on the list of things that need to be worked on. I would much rather them spend their time on something that actually affects the game than updating portraits.
Yeah but not the same devs work on updating player portraits as the gameplay. I could understand them not updating the portrait of every player in the NFL each year, but at least update the portraits of good-to-star type players and players that changed their hairstyle throughout the years such as Stevie Johnson and Brian Robison. It is weird that some players have updated portraits hidden in the game, such as J.J. Watt and Aaron Rodgers, but Donny Moore didnt give them the updated portrait ids for some weird reason. Last year Rodgers and Watt had updated portraits, so I dont know why they went back to their old portraits from madden 13

# 37 Gman 18 @ 08/04/14 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
They finally did update it this year

# 38 StL_RamZ @ 08/04/14 07:10 PM
Quote:
They finally did update it this year

they updated a lot of them

all the players wearing the white collar jerseys have been updated. you can see all the new portraits in the team rating screenshots

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.