Home
Front Page Sports Football News Post

Back in 2009, Cyanide released a web based version of Front Page Sports Football, but don't be mistaken, this wasn't a remake of the Sierra Online versions many of us played in the 90's. In fact, in 2009, when we interviewed the Producer, Régis Robin, he had this to say:

Quote:
Operation Sports: First off, the question everyone is wondering, is this game related to the old Front Page Sports Football series?

Régis Robin: It is related in terms of the name and "core values". We are fans of the series and so we aimed to create a game which focused on strategy and management instead of requiring proficiency with a gamepad. When looking for a name, we discovered that the original Dynamix trademark had expired and so "Front Page Sports Football" was reborn.

With that said, Cyanide is set to bring Front Page Sports Football back again this year for PC users, before the season officially kicks off. We are trying to line up an interview, so if you have have any questions, feel free to post them here.

Read the full press release below.

Be the GM and Coach You Fantasize About with “Front Page Sports Football"!

Football fever about to kick into full swing, and while you prepare to gorge yourself on the games and fantasy football, Cyanide is bringing back a blast from the past for you to enjoy this season: Front Page Sports Football! This classic American Football PC video game license from back in the 90’s is now being brought back to life as one of the most rich and detailed sport management games on PC.

With Front Page Sports Football players will be able to manage a US football team of their creation and make all the decisions that a real manager or coach would make during a season. Just like every other general manager, players will compose the best team (from the draft, signing free agents and the like, as well as manage many other details like morale, affinity, finances, training sessions, etc.

At the same time players will fill the role of coach, setting a game plan for every match through a playbook of over 2,300 unique plays. They will also have access to a range of orders and actions to improve management of the team. Players can also watch full 2D or 3D replays of their game and consult a wide range of statistics to improve his team moves, anticipate the reaction of his challengers, and much more.

Front Page Sports Football is coming soon, just in time for the upcoming football season. It will be self-published by Cyanide and available for PC.

Front Page Sports Football screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Front Page Sports FootballHype Score: Vote Now
Platform: PCVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 zllehs @ 08/22/14 04:53 PM
Just heard this one was on its way and I can't wait for it! Just intime for me not to buy madden!

# 22 kcsam @ 08/23/14 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zllehs
Just heard this one was on its way and I can't wait for it! Just intime for me not to buy madden!
Where did you see that?

# 23 zllehs @ 08/23/14 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsam
Where did you see that?
Oh no not as in I know when the release date is and that it will be out before madden. As in It's coming out before the start of the season and close enough to madden so I don't have to buy it lol.

# 24 mestevo @ 08/28/14 10:35 AM
They're actively posting updates on FB. https://www.facebook.com/FrontPageFootball

Just no release date information that I've seen, others asking for it but aren't being answered.

# 25 zllehs @ 08/28/14 08:02 PM
So on the website http://www.cyanide-studio.com/games/...page-football/ there is a "Play Now" button and OH MAN WAS I READY TO GO!

But alas it does not work.

But there is a description and yes it is web browser based

Quote:
Front Page Sports was a popular American Football PC video game licence back in the 90’. In 2009, Cyanide brings the licence back to life with this free-to-play browser-based sport management game which will put the player in the role of a a virtual head coach in charge of recruiting players, dealing with his players’ injuries… but at the same time setting a game plan, writing the playbook.

Among three proposed championships (Non-professional, University or Professional), the player will have access to a range of orders and actions that will help him prepare each daily leg. Compose the best team (draft, free agents…), take care of its finances, manage training sessions…: numerous possibilities will surely keep the player busy.

# 26 zllehs @ 08/28/14 08:11 PM
Nope sorry... apparently there is a difference between "Frontpage football" which is what I posted above and "Front page sports football" which is the game we all care about and can be found at this link: http://www.cyanide-studio.com/games/FPSF/

and here is its description

Quote:
With Front Page Sports Football players will be able to manage a US football team of their creation and make all the decisions that a real manager or coach would make during a season. Just like every other general manager, players will compose the best team (from the draft, signing free agents and the like, as well as manage many other details like morale, affinity, finances, training sessions, etc.

At the same time players will fill the role of coach, setting a game plan for every match through a playbook of over 2,300 unique plays. They will also have access to a range of orders and actions to improve management of the team. Players can also watch full 2D or 3D replays of their game and consult a wide range of statistics to improve his team moves, anticipate the reaction of his challengers, and much more.

# 27 K33057 @ 08/28/14 10:49 PM
Ok.. I wonder if there will be Players or is it just a sim game? also IF it has players ,, will there be cpu vs cpu?

# 28 K33057 @ 08/30/14 12:40 PM
Well Now on their facebook page they show a field..
They are teasing us. I think they are slick.. They are SLOWLY SLOWLY little by little getting ready to Open the game to us..

# 29 mestevo @ 09/03/14 11:58 AM
Radio silence on a release still, appears it will miss kickoff.

# 30 kcsam @ 09/03/14 05:19 PM
Yep, I'm not counting on it this week or next. I just hope they out more effort into developing it then they did marketing.

# 31 zllehs @ 09/03/14 07:10 PM

# 32 SlyBelle @ 09/03/14 07:44 PM
They continue to be cryptic....tomorrow the real season starts so if they are going to accompany the season, it would have to be released tomorrow....yet they just say for us to wait for announcement of a release date which would seem odd to occur on the same day it was released.

Although I would love to see released before season starts, I am skeptical....been a very odd marketing campaign. I think they had the chance to engross a lot of people into the hype and they appeared to fumble that away, unless the release date is very far away.

# 33 mestevo @ 09/03/14 08:02 PM
No reason for skepticism, that's confirmation it's slipped/been delayed

# 34 mestevo @ 09/04/14 11:24 AM
They've now said the release date wasn't announced and they're still polishing the game. Perhaps I misread: "Front Page Sports Football is coming soon, just in time for the upcoming football season."

Still coming soon though!

# 35 mestevo @ 09/04/14 12:46 PM
How finances work.

http://www.frontpage-sportsfootball....ports-football

It's a few paragraphs, but can be summarized by every team gets $105m, and some extra for winning games, more for winning playoff games.

Screenshot lists salaries, but I'm thinking that's the cap number. Wonder how they're handling the practice squad since it's surfaced on that screen.

# 36 kcsam @ 09/04/14 08:08 PM
That's interesting they've implemented a practice squad. I like the sound of that. I'm looking forward to reading more about this game as information becomes available.

# 37 FBPro @ 09/10/14 06:49 PM
Anxious to see this one!!!

# 38 SlyBelle @ 09/10/14 09:06 PM
They posted on Facebook that the game will be released on steam before the end of September.....specific date will be announced by end of week.

# 39 mestevo @ 09/10/14 09:14 PM
So maybe it's only slipped a month then, cool.

# 40 zllehs @ 09/13/14 11:47 AM
Looks like we will be getting new screens and a release date next week!

https://www.facebook.com/FrontPageFo...85805374961340

and here is a look at how a full year breaks down

http://www.frontpage-sportsfootball....mpionship-work

My concern is that there is no set dates for free agency. Will there be no free agency for this game?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.