Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

During the 2K Sports NBA 2K15 livestream, the team announced Crew Mode is returning for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 only.

Here is a list of details from LD2K via the livestream:
  • Crew mode will feature 5 vs. 5 matches.
  • Full NBA rules on a hardwood floor, which will include the home team’s logo.
  • Custom jerseys will make a return.
  • You will be able to start 5 vs. 5 hardwood matches with 3, 4 or 5 players.
  • 3 vs. 3 halfcourt blacktop matches are available or you can select NBA Rules for 5 vs. 5.
  • If you have 3, your game will auto fill the missing positions with players from the team you chose.
  • You will be able to select which each player’s position is. For exammple: If you are a SG, you can select it and the AI will fill in the missing positions you don’t take.
  • The fill players are NBA players from the team you selected when creating the Crew.
  • When creating your Crew, you can select an NBA team, as well as team playbook.
  • Leaderboards are in.
Look for more news on features for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 later this week, including the NBA 2K15 trailer, which will be revealed by Kevin Durant.

UPDATE: If you missed the livestream, click here.

NBA 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Daddy123 @ 08/05/14 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
judging off the previous 3? threads about the first day of news i think its safe to say a majority of people expected this level of failure

@simball looks the same size as real current gen(next gen to 2k)
the people here are smart but you should see the reaction on Twitter, it's hilarious right now. Week after Week they dupe people into coming to their streams and people always leave disappointed

# 82 24ct @ 08/05/14 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim Ball
The court is definitely bigger.

Yall say the court is bigger every year...lol

# 83 bxphenom7 @ 08/05/14 07:56 PM
Twice, they screwed up twice. First time, they just cancelled the stream mid stream. Now, last gen news.........can we move on from last gen please?

# 84 turty11 @ 08/05/14 07:56 PM
Quote:
So I can only play Crew if I have 3 people? So if me and my buddy just want to play Crew we can't?
seeing as how he continued to mention having 3, im going to assume you cant play 1 or 2 people

# 85 Magnus1959 @ 08/05/14 07:56 PM
So at what point does Next Gen become Current Gen and Current Gen become last Gen?

# 86 RocketTMac1 @ 08/05/14 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
2K is taking advantage of being the only basketball game. Bottom line.

They don't need a bunch of screens and vids to sell the game because it's already sold. They know how many pre orders they have ready to go so they can market however they want. But this sucks lol...

I don't understand the "wait till next week we're gonna blow you away" stuff...it's not working...and turning more and more HARDCORE fans away...I've been playing since 2K1...

I get trying to be current but this suspense advertising is corny. I don't care what Ronnie & LD look like...Ronnie mentioning he wasn't on camera says a lot about the direction 2k has gone lol...

What is the stream is about bro? Your face or the video game? Lol...
It's not turning off the hardcore fans. Like you said earlier people will still buy the game just because it's NBA simulation. And the other guys aren't showing any promise.

We go through this every year. People get upset about Crew Mode, VC and Association. It's a cycle.

We know Ronnie will make the stream about him that's who he is (personally I think it shows his insecurities). But that's how things go. Until they get pushed it will always be that way

# 87 nddot @ 08/05/14 07:58 PM
Quote:
2K is taking advantage of being the only basketball game. Bottom line.

They don't need a bunch of screens and vids to sell the game because it's already sold. They know how many pre orders they have ready to go so they can market however they want. But this sucks lol...

I don't understand the "wait till next week we're gonna blow you away" stuff...it's not working...and turning more and more HARDCORE fans away...I've been playing since 2K1...

I get trying to be current but this suspense advertising is corny. I don't care what Ronnie & LD look like...Ronnie mentioning he wasn't on camera says a lot about the direction 2k has gone lol...

What is the stream is about bro? Your face or the video game? Lol...

disgusting.

i cant stand that dude's face. He's a corny insecure douche. Dude is trying to be all up in the camera instead of handling the marketing op. Since he became "the face of 2k", the game kinda went downhill.

Man..2k15 better be on point or i'll break somebody's ps4

# 88 MarvinOida @ 08/05/14 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus1959
So at what point does Next Gen become Current Gen and Current Gen become last Gen?

When the majority is all Next gen. Not quite there yet. Give it another year or two.

# 89 infam0us @ 08/05/14 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Crew Mode is way overrated, just bring leader-boards to The Park, maybe NBA Rules, refs, get rid of that ugly blue scoreboard on the sideline, and the Next line, and The Park will be a solid mode.
- They still gotta fix the left right 'crossover
- Remove special attributes in the park, the one where you can strip layups and dunks is OP and people just spam the steal button all day because of it. Also when you do contest lay ups they still make it in more often than not.
- Courts need to be bigger, impossible to spread the floor and spot up for a corner 3.

A lot of stuff as well needs to be changed.

# 90 etched Chaos @ 08/05/14 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
When the majority is all Next gen. Not quite there yet. Give it another year or two.
It's current Gen now, the majority of new games are being released and developed for the PS4/XB1 making them current gen.

# 91 The 24th Letter @ 08/05/14 08:04 PM
Like a Youtube comment section in here...

# 92 HowDareI @ 08/05/14 08:06 PM
Put it this way, when companies develop games for both gens and they put out screenshots and/or news it's ALWAYS for next gen first. It not only sells the game but also sells the new hardware.

Bad marketing. You're supposed to be moving forwards not backwards. You took out this version of Crew for the past four years then bring it back like it's new. I was hoping they'd at least say Crew for next gen and talk about how they added onto it from 2K11.

# 93 PippenAintEasy @ 08/05/14 08:06 PM
LD loves posting pointless GIFs and nothing else, so here's mine:

My reaction when I'm literally expecting nothing from 2K and they still disappoint.

# 94 Dmanning2 @ 08/05/14 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus1959
Who knows. It'll will SADLY stay like that until news of the next systems come out lol

# 95 Goffs @ 08/05/14 08:09 PM
Quote:
The court is definitely bigger.

Looks the same tbh....look again....Kobe is the tallest player there lol he could be the center for the team

# 96 UnbelievablyRAW @ 08/05/14 08:09 PM
lmfaooo

Thanks 2k. Release a new edition of a game without including all features and modes. I'm guessing we'll get another iteration of the Park on next gen that nobody asked for.

All we need is more sarcastic gifs from LD and assurances that the game is a real simulation of basketball and we're set for the 2k15 hype train

# 97 Sundown @ 08/05/14 08:15 PM
I thought "Crew" was "back" last year.

Pretty insane that they can sell the return of something two years in a row, by not actually having "Crew" be "Crew".

At least it looks like real Crew this time. Possibly too little too late.

# 98 24ct @ 08/05/14 08:15 PM
I do understand the same trends will happen but before it wasn't THIS bad...it's as if NOBODY is as impressed with this news as 2k is...

They're doing more hyping of this mode than the community is and I believe people were lobbying for a PS4/XBOX1 Crew mode...not just what they had before with better AI or whatever...

Not trying to ramble but just looking through the comments and nobody is really hype about this...now if they had announced crews for PS4 & XBOX1 or no online saves or no VC...they wouldn't have to hype it themselves...we would do it for them...and that's marketing.

What 2k is essentially doing is performing homeless outside and paying themselves with change out their own pocket...it's sick lol

# 99 2_headedmonster @ 08/05/14 08:17 PM
Quote:
Yall say the court is bigger every year...lol
lmao...

the first batch of news is always weak. But think of it this way, considering there is no other last-gen basketball game, 2k is in the unique position of being able to get basketball game info flowing without really tipping their hand. i can see the advantages of counter-punching.

# 100 RumbleCard @ 08/05/14 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippenAintEasy
LD loves posting pointless GIFs and nothing else, so here's mine:

My reaction when I'm literally expecting nothing from 2K and they still disappoint.
I had to laugh in a sad sort of way. I had nearly the same thought...went into this knowing that the first bit of news is never anything flashy and they still manged to leaving me shaking my head.

I've never in all my life seen such a misguided marketing group than this one.

They're the Kirstie Alley of the video game world. Looked good for awhile, got bloated, looked good again going into next gen, then once again showed the world it was all about feeding themselves.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.