Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

GameInformer has posted an interview with NBA Live executive producer Sean O’Brien. They talk about dynasty mode becoming less prominent this year, making the simulation better, commentary, improving off the ball AI, auction house for Ultimate Team, no EASBL and much more.

Below are a few details, make sure you read the entire interview here.
  • The detail we're able to have in arms, tattoos, body types – we have all new body types this year as well. You see the differentiation between LeBron James and Andrew Wiggins – you see his long neck, skinny body, even the difference between his legs and LeBron. We're finally getting to that differentiation that players expect.
  • We want to make sure that this year we shore up our online head-to-head, we shore up gameplay, and we shore up visuals. So it's really the core of our game that we're focusing on. From there, our challenge for Live 16 is to ensure that we have a new take on what online team play looks like. Take what it used to look like in Live, what it looks like in NHL, and what it looks like in FIFA, and put a spin on it that is a little fresher and obviously suited to the game of basketball.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 23 @ 08/10/14 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
Hated Live 10's dribbling, you couldn't even get anywhere with it
It wasn't the dribbling as much as it was the bad ratings like recovery defense and some others that were way too high for everybody.

# 22 youvalss @ 08/10/14 09:19 PM
How do you guys rate Live 14's dribbling vs. Live 10's? I personally liked Live 10's dribbling (except for not being able to dribble behind-the-back at will, as far as I know). Live 14's dribbling looked pretty good. But overall Live 10 seemed more intense/powerful all around. In live 14 everything looks like players are saying: "Oh, so you want me to perform a hopstep...OK, I guess, here it is". Which means, to me, that 14 lacks power and explosion, which are 2 basic features of the NBA.

If, in addition to all the necessary tweaks, they can also add this dimension to 15, it would recreate NBA basketball so much better.

# 23 youvalss @ 08/10/14 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Dub
...they spent Live 14 development fixing Live 13, and Live 15 development fixing Live 14.
Isn't that how it works? Unless you have just created a brand new basketball series.

But I'm almost sure they said there was no 13 DNA in 14. Hmmm....

# 24 P-Dub @ 08/10/14 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Isn't that how it works? Unless you have just created a brand new basketball series.

But I'm almost sure they said there was no 13 DNA in 14. Hmmm....
I think fixing a broken part and improving a functional part are two different things. For instance, the sim engine. It's not broken, but it needs improvement.

# 25 reptilexcq @ 08/26/14 01:32 PM
This is all i need in a basketball game:
Good online game
Play great with total user control and the game should let the user dictate how they want to play and not the other way around (NBA2k lol).
Online stats and leaderboard
Online lag free
Online...Online....Online.

If this game play like a real looking NBA game, then i may forget NBA2k. I don't care about any other modes. The most important thing is the gameplay.

# 26 The 24th Letter @ 08/26/14 02:49 PM
last gen zig zag physics (NBA 2k7\Live 07 and below) will likely never make it back to basketball gaming....outside of an NBA JAM remake...

# 27 sega2k @ 08/26/14 05:25 PM
Is there any truth to the rumors circulating that the Adidas Live Run is making a return this year? I've seen a couple people talk about the trailer of Lillard and some things they noticed in the background. Could be a surprise feature that they announce closer to launch.

# 28 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 08/26/14 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sega2k
Is there any truth to the rumors circulating that the Adidas Live Run is making a return this year? I've seen a couple people talk about the trailer of Lillard and some things they noticed in the background. Could be a surprise feature that they announce closer to launch.

No, it was confirmed it wouldn't be in the game by Sean O'Brien in the NLSC podcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 29 sega2k @ 08/26/14 05:38 PM
And HipHopGamer makes an "interesting" video regarding Live and 2K. Supposedly 2K had some words for the Live team and the game. Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9YpHgGvsQ4

# 30 WTF @ 08/26/14 05:53 PM
That guy... SMDH. 2k released last week that the trailer was going to be on Monday. They didn't release it because of the cover announcement.

And no, no Live Run. The guys who are claiming that it's in the game have zero clue and are looking for chances to "be in the know".

Sean himself has let it be known that Live Run will not be in this year fellas. Hopefully next year.

Gameplay, animations, graphics, smooth online. That's what we're looking at for this release.

# 31 snocone @ 08/26/14 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sega2k
And HipHopGamer makes an "interesting" video regarding Live and 2K. Supposedly 2K had some words for the Live team and the game. Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9YpHgGvsQ4
I don't understand why people still give him page views, has he ever been right about anything?

# 32 sega2k @ 08/26/14 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
That guy... SMDH. 2k released last week that the trailer was going to be on Monday. They didn't release it because of the cover announcement.

And no, no Live Run. The guys who are claiming that it's in the game have zero clue and are looking for chances to "be in the know".

Sean himself has let it be known that Live Run will not be in this year fellas. Hopefully next year.

Gameplay, animations, graphics, smooth online. That's what we're looking at for this release.
Couple of questions:

1. O'Brien said there would be NO lag in Live 15. How is that possible?
2. All these gaming outlets played it at Gamescom, but only 1 preview? Possible NDA?
3. Is Live going to be PAX Prime in Seattle this Friday?

# 33 23 @ 08/26/14 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snocone
I don't understand why people still give him page views, has he ever been right about anything?
Comedy not credibility

# 34 DJ @ 08/26/14 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF

Quoting to say congrats on being tabbed a Game Changer for Live!

# 35 The 24th Letter @ 08/26/14 06:29 PM
SHOTS FIRED!!

# 36 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 08/26/14 07:02 PM
I still remember that time he made Live 13 sound like it was the greatest basketball game ever. Then the gameplay leaks and he has to make up a bunch of excuses to cover it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 37 shutdown10 @ 08/26/14 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Quoting to say congrats on being tabbed a Game Changer for Live!
It all makes sense now.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.