Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

NBA 2K15 cover athlete and NBA Most Valuable Player Kevin Durant released the first gameplay footage of NBA 2K15 on his Instagram account today. Here is the full video.

The footage features new animations and a sneak peak at some of the new crowd elements coming to the game.

NBA 2K15 arrives on October 7th for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 BA2929 @ 08/07/14 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkcusD
Only care if they remove vc.
Then you should plan on not caring.

Video looks fine to me. Looks very similar to 2k14, but that's to be expected honestly. I had fun with last years game, but it got to a point where I had to stop because it was so glitchy.

# 82 grodbetatted @ 08/07/14 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Afro_Boy

If you look closely at Klay and Iggy socks.. Socks with NBA logos are IN! KD must have ankles braces on.

Also look at the bench...bench jumpsuits have returned woooo
based on the video and this screen shot, andre iguodala is waaaaay too dark... got that man the same color as KD

# 83 cthurt @ 08/07/14 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Afro_Boy

If you look closely at Klay and Iggy socks.. Socks with NBA logos are IN! KD must have ankles braces on.

Also look at the bench...bench jumpsuits have returned woooo
Good eye! I stand corrected I only noticed Durants bare socks or ankle braces.

# 84 DaWolf @ 08/07/14 04:12 PM
nice help D....

# 85 Jakeness23 @ 08/07/14 04:27 PM
Shoes and jerseys still need a lot of work done. Looks like player models haven't been touched either even though you'd think by now we'd see the different body types. It wasn't horrible, just more of the same that we saw last year.

# 86 RocketTMac1 @ 08/07/14 04:32 PM
What am I looking at? Is this news? Were they confirming the KD sleeves?

And nothing of any substance happened here today

# 87 Jakeness23 @ 08/07/14 04:35 PM
Wouldn't it have been more realistic for Durant to have dunked on someone else or gotten an open dunk? Because he got past Iggy but suddenly he's in front of him again? It'd have made sense if Iggy realized he was beat and help wasn't coming and to not even waste time jumping up with Durant.

# 88 luda06 @ 08/07/14 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
Wouldn't it have been more realistic for Durant to have dunked on someone else or gotten an open dunk? Because he got past Iggy but suddenly he's in front of him again? It'd have made sense if Iggy realized he was beat and help wasn't coming and to not even waste time jumping up with Durant.
Either way, Lee and Bogut are daydreaming out there. Even Curry gives no care in the world out there.

# 89 axamboutme96 @ 08/07/14 05:42 PM
2k will eventually have to start taking a closer look at player tendencies and styles, on both ends, if they really want to make their game as realistic as possible. KD is dunking that off one foot 9 times out of ten and probably just flushing it, not grabbing on the rim like a Deandre Jordan or a Quincy Acy or something. This seems like something that shouldn't be worried about but when KD does a dunk like this every time you play with him instead of having an animation closer to what he actually does in real games, dunk or otherwise, it begins to feel like I'm playing with another player entirely, and that's not the purpose of a simulation sports game. There's no reason Bogut doesn't jump to help when he's playing defense on Kendrick Perkins, who's at the three point line for some reason, and no way Iggy jumps underneath KD if he gets beat, especially against KD who no one really has the length and athleticism to compete with once he gets his shoulders past them. These are just comments from a basketball player and a big NBA fan who pays attention to players habits. Nice video though, like the new leg sleeves, logos on the socks, warmups on bench players, fatheads, maskots, etc. Overall there should just be better help D, Iggy shouldn't be dark skinnned and 2k has to pay attention to detail and start to really give players the signature quirks and tendencies to match their real life counterparts.

# 90 Jakeness23 @ 08/07/14 05:43 PM
Is it just me or are KD's leg sleeves too long? Rose wears the really long ones like that, but KD's are shorter than that and he wears high socks with it. It's right there in the pic of the cover at the end.

# 91 Jakeness23 @ 08/07/14 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by axamboutme96
2k will eventually have to start taking a closer look at player tendencies and styles, on both ends, if they really want to make their game as realistic as possible. KD is dunking that off one foot 9 times out of ten and probably just flushing it, not grabbing on the rim like a Deandre Jordan or a Quincy Acy or something. This seems like something that shouldn't be worried about but when KD does a dunk like this every time you play with him instead of having an animation closer to what he actually does in real games, dunk or otherwise, it begins to feel like I'm playing with another player entirely, and that's not the purpose of a simulation sports game. There's no reason Bogut doesn't jump to help when he's playing defense on Kendrick Perkins, who's at the three point line for some reason, and no way Iggy jumps underneath KD if he gets beat, especially against KD who no one really has the length and athleticism to compete with once he gets his shoulders past them. These are just comments from a basketball player and a big NBA fan who pays attention to players habits. Nice video though, like the new leg sleeves, logos on the socks, warmups on bench players, fatheads, maskots, etc. Overall there should just be better help D, Iggy shouldn't be dark skinnned and 2k has to pay attention to detail and start to really give players the signature quirks and tendencies to match their real life counterparts.
Spot on. Couldn't have said it better myself. They've made some nice steps when trying to individualize the players, now it's time for some LEAPS.

# 92 IrOnKoBe @ 08/07/14 05:49 PM
why did they downgrade the graphics they should of just kept 2k14 graphics

# 93 49UNCFan @ 08/07/14 05:55 PM
Iggy has head tracking and actually moved his feet on defense

# 94 Factzzz @ 08/07/14 05:56 PM
Andre Iguodala looks so bad, too dark, and his accessories are beyond incorrect, blue leg sleeves, and he doesn't have a yellow arm sleeve on (although no one probably cares about that stuff), and his shoes are way off too, not even the same blue as the warriors uniform.

But it does look like they give Iguodala a hair cut this year, which points towards 2k updating some
players hair.

For comparison, i don't believe you can wear yellow accessories on the road because the warriors team color 2 is black.

# 95 WakeUp_YoureDreaming @ 08/07/14 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrOnKoBe
why did they downgrade the graphics they should if just kept 2k14 graphics
The graphics aren't downgraded, those are the exact same graphics from 2K14. It's just that Durant's facial expression makes him look very awkward.

# 96 Factzzz @ 08/07/14 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUp_YoureDreaming
The graphics aren't downgraded, those are the exact same graphics from 2K14. It's just that Durant's facial expression makes him look very awkward.
The lighting seems to be a lot darker as well

# 97 The 24th Letter @ 08/07/14 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
perkins is standing on the 3pt line....
curry doing some weird stuff
no help D
all other 8 AI in the play look disengaged entirely
forced animations for iggy
why is bogut gaurding perk @ the 3pt line...

i severely hope patch 1 isnt far behind release and fixes this gamebreaking stuff

You're trying too hard man, lol

# 98 WakeUp_YoureDreaming @ 08/07/14 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Andre Iguodala looks so bad, too dark, and his accessories are beyond incorrect, blue leg sleeves, and he doesn't have a yellow arm sleeve on (although no one probably cares about that stuff), and his shoes are way off too, not even the same blue as the warriors uniform.

But it does look like they give Iguodala a hair cut this year, which points towards 2k updating some
players hair.

For comparison, i don't believe you can wear yellow accessories on the road because the warriors team color 2 is black.
From what it looks like, the graphics are identical to NBA 2K14. Iggy looked exactly like that last year; same skin tone, same hair, same shoes, same blue accessories. The only difference is that he had knee sleeves last year, now they're full leg sleeves.

This was a very unimpressive first trailer, to be honest. But it was a small sample size, so I won't worry about it too much. And this is definitely an alpha build, so hopefully there is a lot of polishing yet to be done (proper skin tones, proper body types, shoes, accessories, haircuts, etc.).

# 99 Kese86 @ 08/07/14 06:22 PM
It's time for 2K to implement the scanning technology Live 15 is using on shoes and accessories because those KD's are just sad smh Not really big on that type of stuff, but I mean at least try for once to have decent looking shoes. Any info on this?

# 100 Factzzz @ 08/07/14 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUp_YoureDreaming
From what it looks like, the graphics are identical to NBA 2K14. Iggy looked exactly like that last year; same skin tone, same hair, same shoes, same blue accessories. The only difference is that he had knee sleeves last year, now they're full leg sleeves.

This was a very unimpressive first trailer, to be honest. But it was a small sample size, so I won't worry about it too much. And this is definitely an alpha build, so hopefully there is a lot of polishing yet to be done (proper skin tones, proper body types, shoes, accessories, haircuts, etc.).
Definitely agree with this part

But it does look to me atleast that they gave iggy a hair cut, the 2k15 screenshot is kind of hard to tell, but his hair looks short to me.

Here's how it looked in 2k14

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.