Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

NBA 2K15 cover athlete and NBA Most Valuable Player Kevin Durant released the first gameplay footage of NBA 2K15 on his Instagram account today. Here is the full video.

The footage features new animations and a sneak peak at some of the new crowd elements coming to the game.

NBA 2K15 arrives on October 7th for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Jakeness23 @ 08/07/14 06:45 PM
As far as the looks of the game. I want the jerseys to look like jerseys, move like them, actually lay on the players, etc. I want the shoes to be photo realistic (like KD and Kobe's low tops becoming high tops in game), more skin tones, more player models (that can change over the course of an Association). And finally, I've clamored a long time for (and will continue to do so) editing the hair, facial hair, and player builds of every player, including current players.

That would help us keep the game fresh. Like when Dirk starts the season clean shaven and grows out his hair and will at times grow out his beard. Maybe in our mind KD will have a big thick beard when he's 30, little things like that could go a long way.

# 102 apollon42 @ 08/07/14 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
THANK YOU...although both groups never seem to be happy. I like to be critical too but there is not much to see here. I can wait for more details before making wild assumptions
Yeah, it's interesting reading this board. Madden fans would be happy to get authentic shoes, smooth animations, signature animations, tattoos, ect. Not trying to turn this into a comparison but the game looks great.

# 103 wrestlinggod1 @ 08/07/14 07:30 PM
You guys have to remember.. We don't know what difficulty this video is on. For all we know, it might be on Rookie with the Casual setting. Take it easy bros.

# 104 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/07/14 07:31 PM
I thought the video looked good

# 105 luda06 @ 08/07/14 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
You guys have to remember.. We don't know what difficulty this video is on. For all we know, it might be on Rookie with the Casual setting. Take it easy bros.
I think the difficulty of the games need an overhaul then. Help defense should exist on every setting. That's just fundamental stuff.

# 106 wallofhate @ 08/07/14 08:42 PM
Few things that are evident. It's hard for 2k to wow anyone with graphics due to most of us being blown away last year so those who we're looking for anything other than marginal upgrades here or there are kinda fooling themselves. It looks like players have a more defined muscular builds or at least their muscles flair out when stressed which is cool. The skin looks a small bit better IMO with sweat and etc. oddly enough the feet and legs don't look as big as last year for everyone except KD maybe an early build or whatever. To early for me to judge but I wasn't pleased with the lighting in the arena and I hope the arenas get an overhaul most of the different arenas felt the same and the floors like Brooklyn were totally off. I have a weird feelings stadiums weren't addressed but it seems like they upgraded the sound in that small sampling also

# 107 Goffs @ 08/07/14 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallofhate
Few things that are evident. It's hard for 2k to wow anyone with graphics due to most of us being blown away last year so those who we're looking for anything other than marginal upgrades here or there are kinda fooling themselves.
Pretty much his...Live has that wow factor right now and next year I guarantee it won't look much different than what they're showing now. I'm cool with both graphics for both games since we won't be seeing another HUGE leap of graphics till the next iteration of next gen consoles.

# 108 lakers24 @ 08/07/14 10:28 PM
I'm disappointed because I figured that they'd lighten the arena versus darken it even more so. It just doesn't look like a real arena when most of it is in darkness like that Clippers-OKC playoff game lol.
The players look exactly the same besides more gloss(although Iggy seems darker for w.e reason).

BTW I'm still mystified by the fact they still can't get the correct color palette for the crowd/unis/shoes/accessories

# 109 Eman5805 @ 08/07/14 11:35 PM
I say it all the friggin' time, but no one cares or pays attention.

The year to year differences are neglibeble. But the little touches add up. NBA 2K7 didn't look all that different from 2K6, but those games are worlds different from 2K13. It's just part of the process.

Anyone expecting the games to look completely different is probably hoping to be wrong so they can complain about something.

# 110 grodbetatted @ 08/08/14 01:21 AM
The new rim looks decent, but the net is extra short like then nets you can buy for a cheap home basketball court

# 111 Vni @ 08/08/14 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2K
Funny how meh the graphics are now compared to the reactions of last year.
People are ready for the PS5.

# 112 Melbournelad @ 08/08/14 06:08 AM
What's the beat at the end?

# 113 ricardo.13 @ 08/08/14 08:53 AM
Man, i want to see Lebron on NBA 2k15 after offseason since he is much slimmer:

# 114 BezO @ 08/08/14 01:05 PM
Cool to see something.

Yeah, the editing is a concern... Iggy appearing to be beat and then under KD.

Looking forward to some gameplay vids. I hate teasers.

# 115 Jakeness23 @ 08/08/14 05:00 PM
I'd like to see the defense recognize when they are beat or when they don't have a chance to contest or block. I hate when I'm on a fast break way ahead of the D and they jump behind me trying to block it, it's any eye sore. Its one thing if they are in legitimate range for a block, but it looks bad when they jump for no reason.

# 116 Vni @ 08/08/14 05:53 PM
I was reading the youtube's comments out of curiosity (I know it's wrong) but some guy made a good point. How is Iggy waiting for Durant under the basket when he was just crossed over ?

My point is that that just shows how staged this sequence is and that there is really no reason to be worried at the lack of help defense. Pretty sure Iggy wasn't really crossed over either. The guy using him just got out of the way most likely.

Reading too much into that small of a sequence that's staged is really pointless. All you can look at is animations, accessories, graphics, lightning and court details.

They wanted a teaser where Durant crosses over Iggy and then dunks on him and they did just that. Now I would say that the script of that teaser isn't particularly great.

Anyway that tells me that there is maybe some sort of defensive assignement in the game.

# 117 youvalss @ 08/08/14 06:45 PM
On last gen, it took 2K about 4 years to fully take advantage of the system capabilities when it comes to graphics (I consider 2K9...[and maybe 2K10] to be the last one in which the graphics were upgraded big time from previous year. The rest of them received minor upgrades, and were pretty similar to the previous year's game).

Did 2K start so strong on this gen that they already reached 'the 4th year' by now? I sure hope I'm wrong, but it may going to be pretty hard to top 2K14 graphics (especially the players themselves) and upgrade it every year so it doesn't look too similar.

Waiting to see their current built, I'm curious to see what they can achieve.

# 118 Sundown @ 08/08/14 08:16 PM
Why you gotta do Iggy like that, 2K? Good to know most of the Warriors have their hair fixed but Lee's hair is still too dark. And like others mentioned , Iggy is too dark. Curry still looks to be using the same questionable face scan from last year.

Otherwise looks pretty nice, though not sure if I prefer this or 2k14's sweat shaders. 2k14 had a eerily real looking oil/subsurface scattering effect.

And obviously the lack of defense was rigged for the clip. Y'all need to calm down.

It does say something of the marketing department though-- that they would advertise something that looks kinda wacky to regular NBA watchers, one of the best defenders being blow by like he was James Harden, with no rim protection from Bogut, who's only job is that.

# 119 Vni @ 08/08/14 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
On last gen, it took 2K about 4 years to fully take advantage of the system capabilities when it comes to graphics (I consider 2K9...[and maybe 2K10] to be the last one in which the graphics were upgraded big time from previous year. The rest of them received minor upgrades, and were pretty similar to the previous year's game).

Did 2K start so strong on this gen that they already reached 'the 4th year' by now? I sure hope I'm wrong, but it may going to be pretty hard to top 2K14 graphics (especially the players themselves) and upgrade it every year so it doesn't look too similar.

Waiting to see their current built, I'm curious to see what they can achieve.
I've read many times that since new gen consoles are really easy to program on (they're basically mini PC's) they will peak way sooner than did the xbox360 and PS3. I doubt we're there though but if next gen 14 was as good looking as people say it is then it's allright if they focused on other stuff this year. Like the animations, they needed a lot of work imo.

# 120 Sundown @ 08/09/14 02:32 AM
2k14 shaders definitely look more realistic. They capture the subtle dull shading on parts of the skin while rendering oily highlights. This made the player look unbelievably realistic at times. 2k15 seems to render things more evenly covered with sweat-- it captures more highlights that were understated in 2k14 but doesn't have the subtlety the 2k14 shaders have. The skin tones were also more correct in last year's game.

Also seems they played up the rim lighting, which looks good for some parts of shiny skin, but is also a bit too drastic-- it has more of a computer generated look than the almost real lighting of 2k14. You can see it in the fabric of the sleeves in the shots. 2k15 has a slightly unnatural glowing look while 2k14 has things look firmly placed in the proper lighting environment.

It seems that 2k likes to make changes to their best shaders when they're not always for the better. It's like when 2k11 had great sweat shaders and was replaced for the next 3 years by a simplistic, overly waxy look. They're not bad but feels like something was lost. I know I'm nitpicking I'm really into the visuals of this series, especially with some of the amazing work 2k has done making the next gen leap.

Hopefully they're not done yet and the new shaders look better in more other angles and lighting environments.

2k14:

2k15:

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.