Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

The Madden NFL 15 livestream discussing Connected Franchise should be beginning any minute now (5pm ET). You can alternatively check out the stream at this link if it's not working for you above.

UPDATE: If you missed it, here is the archive.

Let us know what you think as you watch the stream!

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Darth Aegis @ 08/07/14 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Because if the names did not show up on the injury report they knew they would have eggs on their face and that one mistake would ruin the entire stream. That is not hyperbole, they knew what was at stake.
Well lets just hope they are there. If there playing musical chairs with the rosters this will be bad.

# 142 Darth Aegis @ 08/07/14 09:50 PM
This would have been the 3rd year in a row with the score ticker in NCAA, madden devs can't figure how to get it in the game yet? That's a Shame. Everything else sounded cool though, but I will wait to make judgement when I see for myself how everything plays out.

# 143 btvs @ 08/07/14 09:51 PM
Cutler not being on the Bears in year 2 is no surprise at all. His cap was probably too high and they cut him. Things like that happen all the time in Madden. Its annoying but I know its coming. Hopefully he was hurt but I highly, highly doubt it.

# 144 ggsimmonds @ 08/07/14 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by btvs
Cutler not being on the Bears in year 2 is no surprise at all. His cap was probably too high and they cut him. Things like that happen all the time in Madden. Its annoying but I know its coming. Hopefully he was hurt but I highly, highly doubt it.
Yeah because they cannot figure out how to implement contract restructuring.

But when did Cutler get his deal? I am not sure but if they cut him after this season would they still be looking at a loss? Or at least a marginal cap savings.

# 145 McG @ 08/07/14 09:54 PM
Quote:
Remember, players still earn XP through game performance and they say they retuned the goals to be more realistic, i.e. easier to accomplish.

Obviously I will not know for sure until I play the retail copy, but it seems as if progression is improved. I do not think it is under powered.
I think they should have added Player drills, Film study, and Flat out practice. So you could develop through individual players, groups like OL, DL, etc and team. That would have made a whole lot more sense to me. I get they have in game XP, that was there last year. What about players that don't get in the game? If you don't have time to develop them then they are going to be useless, and w/o confirmation of package subs (so you can get the backups on the field easily) seems like having great depth is a thing of the past.

# 146 Darth Aegis @ 08/07/14 09:55 PM
Quote:
Ya i guess well have to see, when people see it on there favorite team get ready for the booing to begin.

# 147 ggsimmonds @ 08/07/14 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McG
I think they should have added Player drills, Film study, and Flat out practice. So you could develop through individual players, groups like OL, DL, etc and team. That would have made a whole lot more sense to me. I get they have in game XP, that was there last year. What about players that don't get in the game? If you don't have time to develop them then they are going to be useless, and w/o confirmation of package subs (so you can get the backups on the field easily) seems like having great depth is a thing of the past.
It is a matter of preference but I prefer what EA is doing. Few teams if any have the kind of depth you are talking about. The way it is set up now you can strive to have depth in the secondary but you will not be able to have good depth at every position group. I like that.

# 148 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 08/07/14 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
hopefully that means that the same repetitive camera man finally puts some damn warm clothes on too
This! Camera men wearing shorts in snow games has to be fixed!

# 149 jpdavis82 @ 08/07/14 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Didn't see many inaccurate passes, and when their was one it was way off. Most passes are caught perfectly in stride, i didn't see many different catch animations at all. Just because a receiver is open and a Qb has time in the pocket doesn't mean the pass should be perfectly placed, I would like to see more balls thrown behind receivers and low to the ground, and receivers should fall to the ground sometimes after making a catch. On a positive note, gang tackling looked much better in this video.
Gang tackling isn't in YET, they just implemented the physics to support it for the future this year. What were seeing is the physics for natural falls and collisions, which allows for 2-5 man tackles, but no gang tackling the way Rex wants it yet.

# 150 charter04 @ 08/07/14 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutler23
I don't know why they didn't pause the game and look , it would of took 2 seconds. If this is the case I'm sure it will get patched,because no one is going to like Aaron Rodgers being traded for clowney lol

They weren't going to look. They know how bad that would look if he was traded. Everytime they "fix" something in CFM/franchise it's overdone and messes something else up. I know it can't be true but, it seems like they don't test that stuff enough.

I hope it was just a fluke

# 151 jmurphy31 @ 08/07/14 10:04 PM
Quote:
Here is Cutlers Salary breakdown with Dead Money included

# 152 Darth Aegis @ 08/07/14 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
This! Camera men wearing shorts in snow games has to be fixed!
And 50 camera guys wearing matching shorts and shirts and all in the same poses right next to each other. lol

# 153 charter04 @ 08/07/14 10:05 PM
I feel bad for the offline only CFM guys. I'm so glad I'm in a 32 guy online CFM so I don't have to deal with as much CPU foolishness.

All we will have to deal with is the ea generated FS's looking 300 lbs. Smh

# 154 ggsimmonds @ 08/07/14 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Here is Cutlers Salary breakdown with Dead Money included
That should rule out the Bears cutting him right? If they did they cost themselves $3 million in cap space.

# 155 jmurphy31 @ 08/07/14 10:07 PM
Quote:
That should rule out the Bears cutting him right? If they did they cost themselves $3 million in cap space.
Wouldnt it be 19.5 million..2015 (they simmed one season)

# 156 The JareBear @ 08/07/14 10:07 PM
We are assuming the game has his contract represented accurately

# 157 DeuceDouglas @ 08/07/14 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Which I can almost guarantee it isn't.

# 158 Number999 @ 08/07/14 10:09 PM
Regardless of all the flaws that were showcased here... I'm so pumped for this, maybe the Madden hype is catching me but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna love it as a mainly offline gamer.

# 159 ggsimmonds @ 08/07/14 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Wouldnt it be 19.5 million..2015 (they simmed one season)
Subtract his cap hit for that year. So net would be -$3 million.

Though it is moot as I forgot the contract will not be accurate as the jare bear pointed out.

# 160 zmonkey @ 08/07/14 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
They would be pretty dumb to have accurate contracts without allowing restructuring... some teams wouldn't be able to go through 3 seasons without hitting the wall.

On another note, have they mentioned anywhere if they've changed the logic used to award Player of the Game (or Super Bowl MVP)? I'm sick of my QB throwing for 350 yards, 5 TDs and no picks in a massive blowout and seeing some CB take the award (and the sweet XP) because he got one Pick-6 in the fourth quarter of a blowout.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.