Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Madden NFL 15 is coming in a few weeks, and at this point we've really begun to learn what this year's title is bringing to the table. Here are three things we are excited about with this year's game, be sure to add your own in the comments!

Read More - Madden NFL 15: Three Things To Be Excited About

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Mckinley Cash @ 08/09/14 12:33 PM
Mine is the improved presentation, and the direction it's heading in. Goes a long way to sustaining immersion.

# 2 fancyclaps @ 08/09/14 12:41 PM
Most interested in trying out the new difficulty they've been touting, saying that even All Pro will be tough for the best players. I'm tired of going 15-1 every year with a middle of the pack team in my CFM.

I also really like the Game Prep addition. I just hope everything turns out the way they've been saying it should....

# 3 Zac @ 08/09/14 12:51 PM
I'm actually not excited for Madden this year, at all. First time in a long time. I'm just not feeling it. They didn't make any of the changes that needed to be made to franchise or the actual game play itself. Its just more new fluff and its going to be the same broken game underneath. Still going to buy it, but just not excited it for it.

# 4 Lilgoosy @ 08/09/14 01:10 PM
i agree with some of you sayin that pass accuracy must be toned down, and diversified pending on what QB u are using. i REALLY hope this year we will actually see a difference between using Brady or Gabbert. so long i haven't seen , in videos, strwaming ecc.., anything that confirms this intent on making every qb feel unique.

other than that, i really look forward to experience an off season in franchise mode; this part of the franchises was always dumb, signing FA's was a mx of luck/guessing game.

last but not least, i like very, very, veeery much, that they are looking to semplify things (MUT menus...FA signin) without taking away things from the previous years.

IF they are able to accomplish what they promised, Madden 15 could start to scratch the surface and bring down the wall that keeps the EA title away from the contention of best sport game every year

# 5 oneamongthefence @ 08/09/14 01:25 PM
I'm intrigued, like I am every year, about cpu roster management. Its been improved but that the thing I'm lookin forward to

# 6 ODogg @ 08/09/14 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckinley Cash
Mine is the improved presentation, and the direction it's heading in. Goes a long way to sustain immersion.
Same here, I loved madden 25 and this years game with the added presentation and emotion is looking awesome!!

# 7 ODogg @ 08/09/14 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oulzac
I'm actually not excited for Madden this year, at all. First time in a long time. I'm just not feeling it. They didn't make any of the changes that needed to be made to franchise or the actual game play itself. Its just more new fluff and its going to be the same broken game underneath. Still going to buy it, but just not excited it for it.
You need to get current on the news. Franchise has had a lot of changes this year and some are pretty big such as random drafts.

# 8 Jr. @ 08/09/14 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oulzac
Well, that's sound logic.

For me, it's by far the pass inaccuracies. If they work as they're advertised, it should open up the variety in the pass game a ton. Fingers are crossed because the videos I've seen haven't showcased it too much.

# 9 fightingirish595 @ 08/09/14 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckinley Cash
Mine is the improved presentation, and the direction it's heading in. Goes a long way to sustain immersion.
i just dont understand the logic here, madden has had awful gameplay for a while now. i could care less about presentation no matter how good it is if the gameplay is terrible

# 10 ODogg @ 08/09/14 02:18 PM
I completely disagree. Madden 25 on next gen has awesome gameplay, best I've ever seen in a game. Yes you get a wonky play now and then but overall it plays a great game of pigskin.

# 11 fightingirish595 @ 08/09/14 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I completely disagree. Madden 25 on next gen has awesome gameplay, best I've ever seen in a game. Yes you get a wonky play now and then but overall it plays a great game of pigskin.
would you consider yourself a simulation player? gameplay might be good if you like to cheese

# 12 ODogg @ 08/09/14 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingirish595
would you consider yourself a simulation player? gameplay might be good if you like to cheese
Yeah I'm a sim player but I'm not crazy anal and over analyzing sim players like some folks on OS. And yes I'm aware players can still cheese and exploit the game online. However, as a long time gamer I realize that so long as people are given a game they will find ways to break it. So with that in mind I either play people I know or go online and don't get upset if I get some idiot and just roll with it.

And with that being said, EA has done a good amount of work on improving some of the cheesier aspects of the game such as running backwards 40 yards and throwing across your body 50 yards while you are facing backwards.

So yeah I'm sim but I'm also a realist and since I play a lot of games I know whenever you give people a game there will be people who do their best to find ways to cheat and break the game. That will never change and EA, for the most part, shouldn't take the blame for idiots who choose to abuse the game and play it in an unrealistic manner.

# 13 fightingirish595 @ 08/09/14 02:54 PM
Quote:
Yeah I'm a sim player but I'm not crazy anal and over analyzing sim players like some folks on OS. And yes I'm aware players can still cheese and exploit the game online. However, as a long time gamer I realize that so long as people are given a game they will find ways to break it. So with that in mind I either play people I know or go online and don't get upset if I get some idiot and just roll with it.

And with that being said, EA has done a good amount of work on improving some of the cheesier aspects of the game such as running backwards 40 yards and throwing across your body 50 yards while you are facing backwards.

So yeah I'm sim but I'm also a realist and since I play a lot of games I know whenever you give people a game there will be people who do their best to find ways to cheat and break the game. That will never change and EA, for the most part, shouldn't take the blame for idiots who choose to abuse the game and play it in an unrealistic manner.
i see what your saying but in my opinion, its the gameplay that allows them to cheese. if the game was more realistic the cheese wouldnt be as bad. there is absolutely no footplanting in next gen madden at all. sliding and ice skating galore. defensive players are stupid as hell. no one knows how to set the edge

# 14 The JareBear @ 08/09/14 03:02 PM
M25 had decent gameplay but it had many legacy issues and, in the end, still failed to deliver a truly sim experience vs the CPU. Just my opinion, of course. IF someone feels it was the best game of football ever, that's totally cool. All entitled to our opinions. I think the biggest problem on OS isn't anal sim gamers but posters thinking their perception is fact and everyone else is wrong, only they are right.

I don't expect the game to ever be perfect, but the fact that we still (as of M25 next gen) have a few long-standing legacy issues in the standard

It did make steps in the right direction, and M15 seems to continue to make steps in that direction. Whether we are where the game should be at by now, we don't know yet, but even if it doesn't end up doing everything we want it to, M15 definitely looks like a good game and I can't wait to play it myself.

# 15 Sheba2011 @ 08/09/14 03:18 PM
I am actually really excited about the Game Prep/Confidence feature. If it works as advertised it could be a really cool feature. I like the idea of finally having a system where bad games count for something and a 45 point loss doesn't have the same end result as a 1 point loss.

# 16 JayBee74 @ 08/09/14 03:31 PM
Not excited. This series should have evolved to a point well beyond it's current state.

# 17 ODogg @ 08/09/14 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingirish595
i see what your saying but in my opinion, its the gameplay that allows them to cheese. if the game was more realistic the cheese wouldnt be as bad. there is absolutely no footplanting in next gen madden at all. sliding and ice skating galore. defensive players are stupid as hell. no one knows how to set the edge
I hear you...yeah some things can be fixed but stuff like going for it on 4th down from your own 10 in the first quarter is on the user not EA...people have to understand that a cheese free football is impossible to make.

It could be better though, I agree in that front..buts been getting better too as I think EA is aware of most of the issues..

# 18 Sheba2011 @ 08/09/14 03:36 PM
Quote:
I hear you...yeah some things can be fixed but stuff like going for it on 4th down from your own 10 in the first quarter is on the user not EA...people have to understand that a cheese free football is impossible to make.

It could be better though, I agree in that front..buts been getting better too as I think EA is aware of most of the issues..
More or less a cheese free online game is impossible to make. It's all inherent on people playing the right way and we all know it doesn't matter what the title or genre is there is always "that guy".

# 19 MrPinkBlackrose @ 08/09/14 03:37 PM
I'm excited for the demo, but actually gonna sit this one out and run another season of 25. I'm waiting for more realistic coach mode (where you're not actually the QB, RB, Defense, Kicker and Punter) and really wanted CPU vs CPU back. It just feels like they are trying to force you to play the game the way they envision rather than letting you have your own experience with a well made product. I think I'm gonna put Madden on the same upgrade cycle as my phone...every other year. Looking forward to 16 where they may drop support for last gen and be able to totally focus on an awesome Next Gen game. I do like what I see thus far, but Ive got my sliders set on 25 to give me the same results Im seeing minus the "new" features...so I feel like I'd basically be paying for a graphical boost.

# 20 fightingirish595 @ 08/09/14 03:41 PM
Quote:

the problem is it hasnt been getting better quickly enough. i think madden just isnt where it should be, and there used to be something called fair play to prevent onside kicks and 4th down conversions, they need to have in option for that in matchmaking

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.