Home
Operation Sports News Post

The Sony PlayStation Gamescom 2014 Press Conference is starting now, watch it here.

UPDATE: If you missed the stream, you can watch the archive here.

Addendum: Here are a few things you might've missed being announced which are coming to the 2.0 software version for the PS4.
  • Sharing of videos to YouTube directly from the console.
  • Share Play, the ability to co-op play games you don't even own with friends, completely remotely.
  • "The best way to think about Share Play is like a “virtual couch”. PlayStation 4 will create an online local co-op experience by allowing you to invite a friend to join your game—even when they don’t own a copy of it. With this first-of-its-kind feature, you’ll be able to play games with a friend just as if you were together in the same room. Let’s say that with games… you’ll be able to invite your friend online to play against the Miami Heat for the championship as the San Antonio Spurs in NBA2K, tackle the challenging Towerfall Ascension Quest Mode together, or aide, heal, and protect you as Igniculus in Child of Light’s local co-op mode."
  • Enhanced What's New feed.
  • Version 2.0 is coming this Fall, will be available to download for existing PS4 owners.

Game: Operation SportsReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 20 - View All
Operation Sports Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mikenoob @ 08/12/14 01:50 PM
Couldn't even see what share play was about stream starting to cut

# 2 JRoZe410 @ 08/12/14 01:51 PM
share play seems pretty cool.You can play game with your friends or against them even if they don't own the game on their console.

# 3 Pappy Knuckles @ 08/12/14 01:52 PM
Lmao @ the Metal Gear Solid box trailer. Kojima could've stayed in Japan if that's all he had to show.

# 4 bcruise @ 08/12/14 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
Couldn't even see what share play was about stream starting to cut
Yeah, definitely some technical difficulties. But the gist was that a PS Plus owner could "hand off the controller" to friend who doesn't yet own the game. Interested see more details on how they make this work.

# 5 JRoZe410 @ 08/12/14 01:57 PM
Until Dawn looks pretty cool

# 6 bcruise @ 08/12/14 01:57 PM
Ugh, don't really like the bouncing off walls with no speed loss in DriveClub.

# 7 bcruise @ 08/12/14 02:09 PM

# 8 JRoZe410 @ 08/12/14 02:17 PM
Beside Until Dawn and the announcement of share play, it was a bit of a snoozefest for me.

# 9 Sandman42 @ 08/12/14 02:18 PM
Share Play sounds interesting, but its going to be entirely relient on the internet of the person who's hosting the session since it sounds like the other player will just connect to their PS4. Probably going to be some latency given its just home internet and not pulling from some data center like PSNow is.

Liked what I saw from games though. Tomorrow Children and Wild both look neat, though I'm not really sure what the gameplay even is in those games. Tearaway Unfolded looks great too, especially if you didn't have a Vita.

# 10 bluesfan13 @ 08/12/14 02:18 PM
The virtual couch idea behind Shareplay is fantastic. Very excited for this.

# 11 mgoblue @ 08/12/14 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman42
Share Play sounds interesting, but its going to be entirely relient on the internet of the person who's hosting the session since it sounds like the other player will just connect to their PS4. Probably going to be some latency given its just home internet and not pulling from some data center like PSNow is.
Good thoughts....DayZ is a good pull for sure.

# 12 bcruise @ 08/12/14 02:23 PM
This conference really hammered home the point that Vita is DOA as far as new platform specific content goes. Not only do they show nothing for it, but it loses the exclusivity of one of its better games.

There are still a few new games I know have been announced previously that I'm interested in, but to see nothing further in this press conference is disappointing.

# 13 bcruise @ 08/12/14 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman42

Liked what I saw from games though. Tomorrow Children and Wild both look neat, though I'm not really sure what the gameplay even is in those games. Tearaway Unfolded looks great too, especially if you didn't have a Vita.
If both players' connections are up to snuff, it can definitely work with very minimal latency. PSNow is proof of that. And I didn't need more than 10 mb/s down/ 2 up to have a good experience with that.

# 14 Sandman42 @ 08/12/14 02:37 PM
MGS Box trailer still moment of the show though.

# 15 MizzouBravesFan @ 08/12/14 03:22 PM
DayZ, Alienation, and most of all WiLD is all I needed to see...the rest was gravy.

# 16 spidertour02 @ 08/12/14 03:31 PM
RIP PlayStation Vita
December 17th, 2011 - August 12th, 2014
You Were Loved

# 17 PAPERNUT @ 08/12/14 03:32 PM
Loved the games Sony showed, but the lack of any MP3/ custom audio support announcement was a big miss to me......

# 18 Shaffer26 @ 08/12/14 04:29 PM
DayZ! Woooot!

# 19 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/12/14 04:46 PM
Ok share play . Say I buy madden15 and my friend wants to try it out. I can just invite him to a 1 v1 game without him owning it?

Does this feature cost anything ? It sounds to good to be true

# 20 bcruise @ 08/12/14 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
Ok share play . Say I buy madden15 and my friend wants to try it out. I can just invite him to a 1 v1 game without him owning it?

Does this feature cost anything ? It sounds to good to be true
They did mention it would be time-limited during the conference. No details on whether there's a price on it. But what you described basically seems like the idea of the feature.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.