Home
WWE 2K15 News Post

IGN went hands on with WWE 2K15, and the results of the early play session seem to be pretty impressive.

• WWE 2K15 feels 'different'. It's a 'wrestling sim'.
  • Grappling system is more realistic. You won't be opening up matches with DDTs anymore.
  • Striking system is more deliberately paced, more in line with how people really punch and kick.
  • The four intermediary grapple stances are gone. Once you’re out of the opening chain-wrestling phase, you just press or hold the grapple button along with a direction to launch right into a move.
  • The rings are characters are now properly scaled which results in believable pacing for Irish whips, running the ropes, etc.
  • A new stamina system will punish players who move too much to avoid attacks. You will see wrestlers get burnt out.
All in all, it reads like the game we'll be playing this fall will be a whole heck of a lot more like the TV events we see every week -- and that means it sounds like the game and series may have finally taken a crucial step in the a new, meaningful, and right direction.

Game: WWE 2K15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 6 - View All
WWE 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 tsbmolina @ 08/13/14 12:09 AM
Screen grabs from the teaser trailer.

# 22 tsbmolina @ 08/13/14 12:10 AM
A few more screenshots.

# 23 R9NALD9 @ 08/13/14 02:07 AM
Shut up and take my money!

# 24 CaliDude916 @ 08/13/14 02:34 AM
HOLY HELL!! This sounds incredible! I'm dying to see gameplay! 10/28 HURRY UP!!!!

# 25 Cubfan @ 08/13/14 04:44 AM
The chain grappling sounds interesting but are we going to have to use it if we are in a specialty make like a street fight or Hell in a Cell?

# 26 woody2goody @ 08/13/14 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan
The chain grappling sounds interesting but are we going to have to use it if we are in a specialty make like a street fight or Hell in a Cell?
Good point. Although I suppose even those matches sometimes start with actual wrestling.

# 27 jaredsmith83 @ 08/13/14 07:18 AM
To quote Daniel Bryan...YES! YES! YES! YES! Time to go reserve a Hulk edition!

# 28 Gramps91 @ 08/13/14 08:55 AM
Honestly, I'm going to get some hate here but I'm not sure I like this direction. I was hoping for more of a sim but this sounds like it is going to cause some serious limitations. I also don't like the control stick rotation thing they were talking about. But eh, I'll reserve judgment until I see more. I really hope it does well.

# 29 EAGLESFAN10 @ 08/13/14 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
Honestly, I'm going to get some hate here but I'm not sure I like this direction. I was hoping for more of a sim but this sounds like it is going to cause some serious limitations. I also don't like the control stick rotation thing they were talking about. But eh, I'll reserve judgment until I see more. I really hope it does well.
They are going in a more Sim direction

And just like you Everybody is playing the wait and see game but we also like the direction it's going

# 30 Mercury112491 @ 08/13/14 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan

The article says you can start with strikes or running moves as well.

# 31 OSUFan_88 @ 08/13/14 10:44 AM
Only thing I worry about is stamina. I hope it's not like previous games or fire pro games where you have to press a button to rebuild stamina. Let it come back naturally.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.