Home
NHL 15 News Post

EA Sports has released their official NHL 15 gameplay trailer from Gamescom. More details about the trailer can be seen here.
  • With an unrivaled in-arena experience, NHL 15 captures every detail of an authentic arena from the color of the seats, to type of jumbotron to the electricity and behavior of the crowds.
  • NHL 15 introduces the next-generation hockey player, where the player will look and skate more realistically than ever before
  • True Hockey Physics include 12 Player NHL Collision Physics and Real Puck Physics which capture the hard hitting chaos and unpredictability of the sport
  • After much feedback from the fans, NHL 15 revamps the look of the game with the NBC Sports Broadcast Package featuring brand new commentary from the legendary team of Mike ‘Doc’ Emrick and Eddie Olczyk. TSN analyst Ray Ferraro will provide game insights at ice level
Let us know what you think!

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 KickSave33 @ 08/13/14 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic04
This looks fantastic .. Madden 15 release date & NHL 15 Demo on the same day? Hell Yeah!
Haha! I don't know what I'm going to do on that day! Madden release plus the demo is going to mean a 24 hour straight gaming day.

I need a life...

# 22 bigwill33 @ 08/13/14 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
You mean this Iginla?

Yeah, I mean that Iggy. The one that fights maybe 3-4 times a year. Even in your pic he's tustling with Gudas, I work with Gudas and I'm pretty sure he's pretty much tried to fight me at one point.

When I think of fights in the nhl they never occur like the way they do in game. If they did players would be suspended. And in club and otp there is no option not to fight and if you accidentally hit the button because you're trying to pin your player to the boards with the puck, the entire game will stop as you go and stop playing, drop your gloves, skate the length of the ice, and engage in a fight with a guy that hit your teammate (that you may have not ever seen happen to begin with). Realism!

# 23 TerminallyOdd @ 08/13/14 01:23 PM
Looking good. Is NHL 15 playable at Gamescom? Any chance we're going to be seeing some gameplay footage soon?

# 24 Sheba2011 @ 08/13/14 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Yeah, I mean that Iggy. The one that fights maybe 3-4 times a year. Even in your pic he's tustling with Gudas, I work with Gudas and I'm pretty sure he's pretty much tried to fight me at one point.

When I think of fights in the nhl they never occur like the way they do in game. If they did players would be suspended. And in club and otp there is no option not to fight and if you accidentally hit the button because you're trying to pin your player to the boards with the puck, the entire game will stop as you go and stop playing, drop your gloves, skate the length of the ice, and engage in a fight with a guy that hit your teammate (that you may have not ever seen happen to begin with). Realism!
I don't disagree with anything you wrote. Fighting has been atrocious in games past but it has come a long way from what we once we had. The worst was the rockem-sockem robot fighting a few years ago. Hopefully fight logic was reworked this year. Last year I just turned it down to 1 or 0 and had very few fights per game.

# 25 Money99 @ 08/13/14 02:27 PM
Quote:
I don't disagree with anything you wrote. Fighting has been atrocious in games past but it has come a long way from what we once we had. The worst was the rockem-sockem robot fighting a few years ago. Hopefully fight logic was reworked this year. Last year I just turned it down to 1 or 0 and had very few fights per game.
Agreed. Not only do they need to adjust the logic, but also give each player discernible fighting attributes.
I've KO'd goons with non-fighters with regularity.

This is one area where I'd love to see EA use 'weapons' like AFL2K did.
For fighting, some guys will have 'iron chins', 'one-punch KO power', 'strength' to ragdoll opponents, etc.
This would make for some hilarious matchups if a non-fighter dropped the mitts with John Scott or Paul Bisonnette.
I shouldn't see Datsyuk win any fights against top scrappers.
He shouldn't be fighting at all. If he does, it should be a very rare exception and only against players within his weight class, like Cory Perry.

# 26 Sheba2011 @ 08/13/14 03:24 PM
Keep rewatching this trailer and see something new everytime. Love how the players come over the bench to celebrate after the Bergeron goal.

# 27 13whitebread @ 08/13/14 03:41 PM
13 days untill the demo man they are going to have start releasing the stadium picks in fours

# 28 richardc08 @ 08/13/14 04:34 PM
Anyone else notice the different Bruins goal horn?

# 29 canucksss @ 08/13/14 04:59 PM
This is more of a movie trailer than gameplay!

# 30 Sheba2011 @ 08/13/14 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
This is more of a movie trailer than gameplay!
Looks like it could be nominated for multiple Oscars!

# 31 canucksss @ 08/13/14 05:32 PM
Quote:
Looks like it could be nominated for multiple Oscars!
I don't think so. Its like tons of amazing graphics...cinematic effects But without substance, poor acting, dumb script, poor plot etc.

# 32 jaiman @ 08/13/14 06:01 PM
Since when is Marian Hossa right handed? Saw this in one of the first videos. Handedness does not matter in the cut scenes. Was like that in 07, I think. Not a huge issue, but kind of taking a step back here.

# 33 GuyinPA75 @ 08/13/14 06:03 PM
Money99 said:
I've KO'd goons with non-fighters with regularity.

Oh so you did that crouch-fighting glitch. That's pretty cool.

# 34 actionhank @ 08/13/14 06:52 PM
So far these gameplay videos are a bit of a disappointment. The gameplay is still looking almost identical to NHL14. I was really looking forward to even some improved movement but without sliders that actually work well this season, i may be holding off until 16 comes out.

# 35 green94 @ 08/13/14 07:29 PM
I can't wait.

This is next gen!

# 36 hockeyyt988 @ 08/14/14 12:01 AM
In the demo feature article, it states that you can play with "dynamic low, medium and high" cameras. I wonder if the "low" camera is the first person view?

Probably not, but that would be sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 37 AdamJones113 @ 08/14/14 12:13 AM
Those graphics look awesome.

Two minor picky details that I'm wondering about:

1. Bergeron seems to only be celebrating with 1 guy. Most, if not all celebrations are 5-man group celebrations. Still, it's an improvement over last year.

2. I'm wondering whether, as players on ice, we'll actually be able to see those amazing fans (Colorado/Ottawa dudes) in as much detail in game?

Really psyched for this.

# 38 gator3guy @ 08/14/14 12:26 AM
Quote:
You mean this Iginla?

No this one...

# 39 Sheba2011 @ 08/14/14 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113
Those graphics look awesome.

Two minor picky details that I'm wondering about:

1. Bergeron seems to only be celebrating with 1 guy. Most, if not all celebrations are 5-man group celebrations. Still, it's an improvement over last year.

2. I'm wondering whether, as players on ice, we'll actually be able to see those amazing fans (Colorado/Ottawa dudes) in as much detail in game?

Really psyched for this.
1. Depends on the goal scored/game. Some times when Bergeron scores its just him and Marchy celebrating together and then he'll skate by the bench and celebrate with the rest, sometimes it's just the forwards, sometimes it's everyone.

2. With how much they have been hyping the new fans I am sure there will be plenty of shots of the crowd at random times throughout the game (goals, intermission, penalties, fights etc.

# 40 johnnyg713 @ 08/14/14 08:54 AM
After watching the trailers for both NHL and FIFA, it seems EA is really bringing it this gen. Amazing trailers. Can't wait to play,

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.