Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

The guys at NLSC posted a podcast with Sean O'Brien. In the Podcast, O'Brien talks about last year's game and what you should expect out of this year's game. The entire podcast is a whale of a listen, just over two hours. Here are some nuggets you'll find inside:
  • Podcast with Jalen Rose has been updated. O'Brien mentions Grantland podcasts in particular for the style he wants.
  • Dynasty Mode has received fixes this year.
  • An Auction House is now present in Ultimate Team mode.
  • Live 15 won't feature much in terms of customization, was mentioned that's a Live 16 plan.
  • Focus is on making the gameplay better. O'Brien says he believes customers will be more forgiving if the game at least plays good.
  • No Legends will be in the game outside of Ultimate Team.
  • No FIBA or D-League teams, no plans for a PC version either.
  • Visual feedback on each shot will be presented to you this year.
  • Right stick passing (Live 10 system) is in the game.
  • More than 400 new dunk animations.
Be sure to give the podcast a listen and let us know what you hear!

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Bowinkle08 @ 08/14/14 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
With this news I'll be skipping this years version. I'll play the demo or free trial or whatever just to see the improvements but EA won't get my money. I will say I'm glad that they're not trying to blow smoke about the game and fool customers into buying a half baked product. At least they're honest about the game and their plans.
my sediments exactly. however, if they released the game at a lower price point like $20 i would def buy it. the game that is gonna be something to look forward to is live16 from what the podcast told

# 42 yaboythecib @ 08/14/14 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
Woah wait a minute did I just read that right?

They all have different devs that work on all those games

That was the lamest excuse I've ever heard

I don't buy nothing u just said
my point is....live doesnt drop till after all 3 of those titles I just mention. They usually don't show off any raw footage till after madden been released....EA doesn't want NBA buzz to interfere with the madden hype...

# 43 tedus @ 08/14/14 03:05 AM
After listening to the whole podcast and another interview from EGM, I think the live 14 was made from live 13. when you see the leakage gameplay of live 13
http://youtu.be/GxVENsPOSg8
it's looked like live 14 in some aspects. Besides, we knew that the live 13 was cancelled, then, EA announced Sean O'brien was a live 14 lead producer. so if you were Sean, and you have the former live 13 dev team, and what would you do for coming live 14?
Fixed the problems, improved the graphic, added some technique (ex. bouncetek), let other dev did unfinished works, and etc...
Then turned out, live 14 fail again.
Now it's more like a team, from EGM interview, Sean O'brien said "Without getting into names or anything, I think we lacked a bit of creative leadership. We did fill those holes, though, as I brought down some guys that I used to work with previously, which made me feel better."

Compared with OG left!! that makes more sense!!

Anyway, I'm looking to live 15 even live 16, if they can deliver better gameplay in live 15.

# 44 MarkWilliam @ 08/14/14 07:41 AM
The general point seemed to be "gameplay, graphics, gameplay, graphics"

So they've prioritized the rest as "not as important" as having a game that looks and plays nicely.....

So at the end of the day, this game MAY appeal to those who care about a nice looking and feeling game.....and not so much for the mode fans......

And that's IF they pull it off......

All I seem to be hearing is how astoundingly different (better) the game looks..... would like to hear more over time about how much better it plays.

There was a good hands on from MMGN which was encouraging.... but yeah, EA have prioritized some things right back for Live 16 to focus on looks and feel..... those things surfaced on this podcast and will no doubt upset some people.....

Personally, if it looks and plays nice, I see no reason not to do a season in Live 15 this year and enjoy.....

# 45 EAGLESFAN10 @ 08/14/14 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboythecib
my point is....live doesnt drop till after all 3 of those titles I just mention. They usually don't show off any raw footage till after madden been released....EA doesn't want NBA buzz to interfere with the madden hype...
Madden will NOT lose its hype as they will get sales regardless

Again that's not an excuse

# 46 loosey101 @ 08/14/14 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
Madden will NOT lose its hype as they will get sales regardless

Again that's not an excuse

It's not an excuse, it's a fact. They aren't going to market madden/fifa/NHL/NBA Live at the same time. It makes sense for them to stagger the release information.

# 47 zmoney117 @ 08/14/14 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loosey101
It's not an excuse, it's a fact. They aren't going to market madden/fifa/NHL/NBA Live at the same time. It makes sense for them to stagger the release information.
Those games besides for FIFA (although small competition, sorry PES fans) have no competitors. They can market whenever or how much they want because fans of those sports have no real alternative. When you have a competitor who sold 7 million units last year, you would be more proactive. If the game is better, show us. Make us want to buy it.

# 48 nick_sr @ 08/14/14 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Very sad to hear No Editing Options. HOPING Live is still around in for Next Year release, since editing was mentioned with it. Just makes NO Sense. Hope Live 15 sells well, so Editing options will be back for Live 16.
hopefully my friend. lets just hope we don't hear anything about technology next year.

# 49 nick_sr @ 08/14/14 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowinkle08
after listening to this podcast its sounding like the game to "look forward to" is live16. seems like they are with holding a lot and focusing purely on gameplay in live15. i do want to see how the demo is though
3 year plan lol

# 50 The 24th Letter @ 08/14/14 04:18 PM
Pretty sure guys don't want billboards, commercials and magazine ads...could be wrong...

Most are asking for gameplay footage...at the least off screen cell phone footage...lol

If that depletes the marketing budget...we should start being worried..

# 51 MUTWOKAL @ 08/15/14 05:04 AM
Nba Live is like the student who keeps handing in crap to his professor and continues by saying "it will be better next time". And it does slowly one step at a time.

# 52 sega2k @ 08/20/14 09:25 PM
Lets all remember they said this is a 3 year plan...Live 14 (shouldn't have been released). Live 15 seems to the true foundation and as I said before Live 16 will be the finished product. I don't get into modes anyway, so if the gameplay is top notch and the graphics are amazing as they say it is, I'll be fine. Live 16 seems to be the full package game with all the features we've been begging for.

# 53 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 08/21/14 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by king doe
Since harden, anthony davis, and steph curry was promoting 2k15, its probally safe to say neither will be gracing the cover of live 15?

Good point, now I'm almost certain it's Dame Lillard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.