Home
WWE 2K15 News Post

The first WWE 2K15 gameplay video footage has arrived, courtesy of Gamescom and Nexplay.

UPDATE: Looks like it's marked private now. Here is a mirror, but has commentary from YouTube user.

Let us know what you think!

Game: WWE 2K15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 6 - View All
WWE 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 TheVinylHippo @ 08/13/14 02:32 PM
I like how inconspicuous the HUD is. I'll probably have it turned off when I get the game (assuming that's an option), but it's nice. Overall, everything looks better. Graphics, pacing, animations, movement, crowd, etc.. I need to see more of the new grappling system to really judge it, but from the very small sample it looks promising. I was hoping to see Cesaro's entrance since he mo-capped it himself. Oh well.

It's too bad the two people playing had absolutely no idea what they were doing.

# 22 Mercury112491 @ 08/13/14 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
HUD was interesting. Watched a couple time string to figure out what it all stands for.

So far the % goes up with each offensive move. It never seems to go down. So maybe getting to 100% nets u a finisher or signature?

There's an S and a F with a small x next too it so I'm guess storing finishers is back which I'm not a fan of.

There's a green bar that goes down each time damage is sustained. I'm hoping there's more to that bar because it gives off the impression of a health meter which I hate.

Small blue bar which I'm guessing is the stamina bar? Picture is too fuzzy for me to really notice it move a lot.

Just moving my edit to a new page.

# 23 Gramps91 @ 08/13/14 03:21 PM
Yea the guys playing suck but it has potential. I'm still worried about the tie up mini game.

# 24 woody2goody @ 08/13/14 03:30 PM
The striking looks fantastic. Those overhand rights Cesaro throws and the way Orton reacts is how I've dreamed of wrestling game striking being.

# 25 tsbmolina @ 08/13/14 03:34 PM
Besides the graceful fluidity in the animations and the awesome graphics, the camera work and the way it immerses you in the game is second to none. It's so cinematic. You have to watch the clip in slow motion to truly appreciate the beauty in it. I have never bought a wrestling game in my life but this year that will change.

# 26 tsbmolina @ 08/13/14 03:40 PM
Classic Randy Orton when he withers in pain at the 2:08 mark. It looks just as he would.

# 27 BDKiiing @ 08/13/14 04:27 PM
You can tell Cesaro mocapped his maneuvers.

# 28 RocketTMac1 @ 08/13/14 04:33 PM
I have to say how impressed I am by this EARLY build of the game. The possibilities for this complete game and 2K16 are great. It will only get more sim and the pacing will get more like a WWE match. The selling animations from falling, hitting people while they get up, rebounded irish whip (or a regular irish whip) look great. I hope there will be slugfests during matches. As well as a improved interference feature.

# 29 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/13/14 04:39 PM
This looks fun. Wrestlers move like they have weight and more grounded

# 30 jcmreds @ 08/13/14 04:44 PM
The movements(especially the strikes) look slower and much more realistic. I like what I see so far.

# 31 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/13/14 04:50 PM
I wonder if when both wrestles get tired they do those crowd punches . Like Cena throws one and the crowd goes Wooo and then Orton throws one the crowd goes Ahhhh .

# 32 bigbob @ 08/13/14 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
I wonder if when both wrestles get tired they do those crowd punches . Like Cena throws one and the crowd goes Wooo and then Orton throws one the crowd goes Ahhhh .
You mean "Booo" and "Yeaaah". Except in a Cena/Orton case, it would be "Booo" and "Booo".

# 33 scottyp180 @ 08/13/14 05:17 PM
Graphics and animations are greatly improved, there is no comparison. I'm liking how the animations flow together. Not only do the individual moves look great, the motion of a punch or clothesline, but the impact and finish of the moves look smooth too. It looks as though wrestlers sell moves more realistically. Not perfect, still instances where the moves don't connect properly resulting in weird, out of place animations. Overall, however, this has given me a positive feeling about the game.

# 34 bxphenom7 @ 08/13/14 05:50 PM
Looks awesome. Smaller HUD is welcome, wish whoever was playing new how to play the game smh This is unfortunately not good footage to go off of mostly. Everything seemed SO much better than last gen though, except for Orton's punches. But that can be changed manually.

# 35 Reed1417 @ 08/13/14 05:54 PM
Ok so, when I first saw Orton's entrance with the lights flashing to his theme I was sold right away, more than I already was. Then the game play happened and while the players themselves were meh that's besides the point. The game play itself looked amazing! From the way it looked like a slower pace to the match,striking, selling and all the other stuff. The HUD I wasn't really looking at but I saw that green bar go down as damage was delt (hopefully NOT a health bar cause that's dumb) but I cannot wait to see more!! I knew 2k would bring it!!

# 36 bxphenom7 @ 08/13/14 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabz
Basically S was getting to your signature move and that was defined by the % and F x0 was how many finishers you got stored. Not sure what the other bar was maybe stamina + health?
And someone said new logo isn't there, it is. Pause the video at 1:56.
Maybe health and damage is shown physically by the wrestler's posture.

# 37 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/13/14 06:26 PM

# 38 TheBleedingRed21 @ 08/13/14 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Just moving my edit to a new page.
Just wanted to say I don't think strong finishers are back..

The s is for signature and f for finisher.

# 39 DTX3 @ 08/13/14 06:46 PM
Those guys playing make me not want to buy this. Hopefully we get some better gameplay videos this weekend.

# 40 nml11287 @ 08/13/14 06:53 PM
I ALWAYS hate when they show random people playing these games, lol makes my left eye twitch.

I did try to ignore the 500 irish whips and just watch the animations and stuff though. Pretty cool looking, and I'm liking the change of pace and selling animations when the wrestlers get punched. I also noticed Orton's stamina meter wear down due to player making him looking like a spastic 4-year old.

Needless to say, I'm pretty excited now.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.