Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

IGN has posted some NBA 2K15 gameplay footage.

In case you missed it earlier this morning, there are some more gameplay videos here.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 scottyp180 @ 08/13/14 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I would agree that the animations looks slightly awkward and stiff ala Nba live. Wierd.
Really? I thought the animations looked a bit smoother or more fluid. Something about the passes looked better to me, maybe the way they follow through. Perhaps I am just looking for reasons to say it looks different. Overall it is not a glaring difference. If the video didn't say 2k15 and have a different score board I'm not sure I could tell the difference.

# 22 scottyp180 @ 08/13/14 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrock24
Looks great and I am a big 2k and NBA2K fan. I say that so people don't call me an EA apologist. But I saw just as many legacy issues as some of the Madden videos. If this was Madden, this feed would be filled with people complaining. I bring this up because it is comical to read how heated some of you get about lack of improvements with Madden. All games have legacy issues and built off previous platforms. To recreate games would be a huge time and financial burden. The people that swear 2k would do a better job with football need to realize that if legacy issues have not been fixed in NBA2K, what makes you think 2k would do any better with football? People need to relax and enjoy the great games developers at both 2K and EA are producing.
Not the right place for the convo but to answer your 2k football question my answer would be that I liked the foundation 2k football was built on more than madden so even with legacy issues I would think there would have been enough improvements made to make 2k football a great overall sim if it still existed. 2k basketball would be my evidence for this. I've liked it since it first came to ps2, and while there were years it didn't improve as much as a hoped, overall it continues to improve and is one of the best sims of all sports games imo.

# 23 tsbmolina @ 08/13/14 05:44 PM
Bird, bird, bird, bird is the word. Birdman that is.

# 24 sticks323 @ 08/13/14 05:56 PM
Players look slimmer but the movements look weird

# 25 DonWuan @ 08/13/14 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrock24
Looks great and I am a big 2k and NBA2K fan. I say that so people don't call me an EA apologist. But I saw just as many legacy issues as some of the Madden videos. If this was Madden, this feed would be filled with people complaining. I bring this up because it is comical to read how heated some of you get about lack of improvements with Madden. All games have legacy issues and built off previous platforms. To recreate games would be a huge time and financial burden. The people that swear 2k would do a better job with football need to realize that if legacy issues have not been fixed in NBA2K, what makes you think 2k would do any better with football? People need to relax and enjoy the great games developers at both 2K and EA are producing.

I agree.

Nothing looks different besides the speed. Still early with a demo though.

Will see what happen.

# 26 Gramps91 @ 08/13/14 06:25 PM
I think it looks pretty good. I like the presentation.

# 27 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 08/13/14 07:07 PM
I'm still seeing a lot of the same foot sliding from last year smh. I was hoping to see a major improvement in that area this year. Idk the game looks to be slightly improved but I just dont have the same feeling about 2K basketball like I used to. I'll wait for more info to fully judge but so far this is just meh.......

# 28 grodbetatted @ 08/13/14 07:24 PM
People say the game looks more stiff, I say more precise... Because in past iterations of 2k, 2k moved fluid to the point where I looked like jelly of instead of precise movements. And the passes not being stolen are a godsend to me. In 2k there is no defense played, it's more play the passing lanes and hope for a steal, I'm glad this video didn't show any out of this world pass deflections that people have become accustomed to

# 29 wrestlinggod1 @ 08/13/14 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBean8
I am not really feeling his beard for some reason.
It's a little too blonde in my opinion. Still good, nonetheless.

# 30 McNulty @ 08/13/14 07:56 PM
The passing animations are truly night and day. I do feel like some of the lighting effects that made 2k14 look oh-so-pretty were toned down a bit, however.

# 31 kolanji @ 08/13/14 09:04 PM
Anybody noticed that Chalmers' warm ups disappeared before he reached the scorers table when he got subbed in......??

My early impressions are the animations looks smooth and flows great from one to the other

# 32 Trackball @ 08/13/14 09:06 PM
Chris Andersen's beard could be pink, for all I care--I just want the game to play as well as they're saying.

Which it should--I've already got my pre-order in.

I mean I'd rather have a great game with inaccurate player models than a bad game with accurate player models.

# 33 RyanLaFalce @ 08/13/14 09:08 PM
This is definitely alpha stages of the game. Maybe even before that. Everything should be much better in the retail version.

# 34 L_Diddy @ 08/13/14 09:30 PM
I liked the way game looked and played. Passing looks better and the spacing looks a lot better as well. Obviously its hard to make a real good judgment of everything when the video's were so short and being played by casuals. Would love to see some videos of sim guys playing running pick and rolls and some plays. Guess we'll have to wait for that.

# 35 tsbmolina @ 08/13/14 10:19 PM
Armpit hair yay!!!

# 36 bxphenom7 @ 08/13/14 11:47 PM
This is clearly an early build but looks fine and moves well I believe. Certain passes should have been stolen by teammate AI if not deflected, like the one over Splitters head. The pass into the paint to Diaw and the easy rebound for Andersen before the dunk would not have happened if people who knew how to play the game were playing, so that has nothing to do with gameplay. These kids had no idea who were they were controlling or were supposed to it seemed. Foot placement seems a little better, but still some ways from something like true step. This was a beta build so refinements and official gameplay vids from 2k themselves are what we have to wait for.

# 37 cabra1 @ 08/14/14 12:02 AM
Full court shot followed by a backcourt violation.

I swear these dudes at these events never know how to play sports games.

# 38 dirk.93 @ 08/14/14 01:52 AM
This guy really sucks!!!horrible 2k player

# 39 JayAtkHar @ 08/14/14 07:12 AM
Smh I see no improvement on defence. At all ... Maybe just a slight AI Change but like I don't see no closing out or even better contesting. 2ks offence is fine what about the real meat of the burger ?

# 40 Malcd9583 @ 08/14/14 09:04 AM
I'm not gonna be bias here because I love 2k basketball, the only reason I ever owned dreamcast. The game looks like 2k14 with different lighting. With a short cycle I'm sure they just toned up gameplay and scanned more faces and added a few more modes. I can't really tell if defense is better on this video but the passing does look sharper. I'm a online gamer I want to know what they have done for online leagues and if they bringing lobbies back.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.