Home
PES 2015 News Post

Some PES 2015 gameplay videos have emerged from Gamescom. Check out the videos embedded above, or head on over to Gamersyde.

Game: PES 2015Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 6 - View All
PES 2015 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 rckabillyRaider @ 08/20/14 01:16 PM
The pace and flow of the match looks much better in that vs CPU video.

# 22 ty5oke @ 08/20/14 01:49 PM
The shielding off and goal by Costa looked good

# 23 Yeats @ 08/21/14 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
There's literally no defense whatsoever. No midfield battle, it's just end to end action. No fouls at all. Pressure is overbearing - creating too much space - defenders need to be IN FRONT of the attackers and midfielders to defend - not behind them. This is just a simple line positioning issue - a simple, but highly underestimated, fix.
Matt, you cannot judge anything by User vs User vids. I want to show you something using User vs CPU vids, which is how we should be judging the gameplay. Here's a PES 2015 User vs CPU video. Watch from the 3:10 mark to 4:05, when the CPU grabs possession in front of its goal until when the CPU finally scores. CPU maintains possession for a full minute, most of that time spent in its own half.

FIFA 15 CPU buildup is the same as it ever was: grab the ball, sprint full speed forward or punt the ball forward into the User end of the pitch, with no back passing whatsoever. Watch 5:45-6:25 to compare:

And yes, defensive positioning can be fixed using line edits, with either game. That is not the issue for gamers who play football offline. The issue is the core CPU AI attack behavior and tendency. That cannot be fixed in FIFA. FIFA's run-forward, pass-forward, kick-forward logic IS how the AI is programmed to play regardless.

# 24 Matt10 @ 08/21/14 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Matt, you cannot judge anything by User vs User vids. I want to show you something using User vs CPU vids, which is how we should be judging the gameplay. Here's a PES 2015 User vs CPU video. Watch from the 3:10 mark to 4:05, when the CPU grabs possession in front of its goal until when the CPU finally scores. CPU maintains possession for a full minute, most of that time spent in its own half.

FIFA 15 CPU buildup is the same as it ever was: grab the ball, sprint full speed forward or punt the ball forward into the User end of the pitch, with no back passing whatsoever. Watch 5:45-6:25 to compare:

And yes, defensive positioning can be fixed using line edits, with either game. That is not the issue for gamers who play football offline. The issue is the core CPU AI attack behavior and tendency. That cannot be fixed in FIFA. FIFA's run-forward, pass-forward, kick-forward logic IS how the AI is programmed to play regardless.
It can be fixed, I did it in FIFA 14 with my most recent set. CPU pass error slider has to be quite low - I have it @ 26.

Regards to the videos, yes - the FIFA one looks terrible - typical default sliders. PES doesn't have sliders, that's my concern. My other concern is seeing how the user defenders are acting in the PES video. They keep backing off their mark before the cpu has even passed the ball. Almost doing a short windsprint animation. Hopefully that is fixed.

Once I get more adjusted to my new job, I'll be able to really get back into the swing of things with PES and FIFA scene as this is a really exciting time of the year

# 25 Yeats @ 08/22/14 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
It can be fixed, I did it in FIFA 14 with my most recent set. CPU pass error slider has to be quite low - I have it @ 26.
A couple of things here: CPU pass accuracy in FIFA is already unrealistically accurate at default 50. I have that slider at 65-75. You're making the CPU passing even more accurate by lowering that slider, which obviously makes the gameplay even less realistic. So I don't understand that fix at all from a stats simulation perspective.

Second, you're implying there's some correlation between pass error, and AI attack logic. What makes you think the pass error slider alters the purposefulness and direction with which CPU players will choose to sprint, and pass and kick the ball? Lowering CPU pass error would only make it easier for the CPU to quickly ping-pong the ball up the pitch with precision passes.

I'm pointing out the key difference between PES and FIFA, the one aspect of either game that can't be fixed with edits and line positioning adjustments. And it's the one difference between the two games that makes me keep coming back to PES, regardless of its many other issues. The CPU AI attack logic in PES is far ahead of FIFA. There is real play buildup, back passing, individual team strategies, etc in PES. Konami is working to make this an aspect of their offline AI. It's built into the game, programmed right in. It is not programmed into FIFA. FIFA's offline AI - CPU attack logic, play buildup and individual team behavior - hasn't evolved in a decade. The two videos above clearly demonstrate what I'm pointing out here.

Disclaimer: I have fun with both games; I switch between playing FIFA 12 and PES 14. This is not a knock against FIFA at all. I am simply pointing out the core difference between these two games from an offline AI perspective. And again, IMO we should be examining these Gamescon videos with an eye on User-CPU gameplay. Watching two Users play against each other tells us very little about the game and how realistically it will play offline.

# 26 ty5oke @ 08/25/14 11:37 PM
Not sure if this has been posted (found it over on WENB Forums):

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.