Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Gamersyde has posted another NBA 2K15 gameplay video from Gamescom, featuring the Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs.

If you missed the gameplay footage from yesterday, there are some links here.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 24ct @ 08/14/14 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL
Never understood the marketing logic with these game companies. The only people watching these videos are the most hardcore fans that are going to pick it apart.

Wouldn't 3 minutes of video of Beluba playing the demo help promote the game more than grainy cell phone footage of some hack using Tim Duncan like Stephen Curry?
PREACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But hopefully they bless us with this soon...

They usually do...Even with this hype stuff...

2k14 was just rushed...this full year next gen info should be on point.

I look forward to seeing the OS and Dev videos because they usually deliver.

# 22 Vni @ 08/14/14 02:35 PM
Ehhhhhhhh lol.

# 23 Baller85 @ 08/14/14 02:36 PM
I don't know if anyone else noticed, but Tim Duncan doesn't get called for a backcourt violation at 0:38-0.40.

# 24 turty11 @ 08/14/14 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
All this footage so far and I have yet to see a ridiculous dunk in traffic by DWade or Kawhi. Im loving this lol
probly only cuz these guys dont know how to lol!

# 25 cjallure24 @ 08/14/14 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
I believe officially at the event video isnt allowed. this footage is basically smuggled.

On another note, looks good, but the players might be a tad too skinny.

compare this photo of duncan to the still at the beginning of the video
Another thing, look at the jersey in this pick, and how the "Spurs" stretches across the chest. In the game the logo is pretty small. Love the net motion though. Very responsive.

# 26 24ct @ 08/14/14 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Posted this in the other thread about this vid, but here's what caught my attention...

2:17 and 2:27 Very unnatural movements. Foot planting mechanics look off in these circumstances

2:33 I love the move by Shabazz to the basket...dope that the AI can pull that off

3:21 Odd travel called whereas the pivot foot never changed

3:43 Shabazz tries to force his way through 2 defenders and it doesn't work out to well

5:19 I like the contact animation in the paint, but I am hoping that these are not just animations that always result in fouls and rather the result of an improved collision system. Also, the collision animations I have seen thusfar are all one to one. What about if there are multiple guys in the paint? I hope they accounted for that.
Nah bro.
That was a and is definite travel.
They just never called it ANY 2k until just now
Look at where Duncan started and where he ended up after the second turn around. He was at the foul line and ended by the 3.
Thats that 2K cheese sauce...
Example - it a player online is not close enough to the 3 they'll just pivot until the get behind it for sure....

In the game the player slid because the user did too many pivots...
Check it again bro...

This video was still bad but it was better than the other...
I liked when Bosh bumped into Tony Parker and the rebound fell to the ground.

There were a lot of little things I noticed which never happened in 2k14
Like dribbling into a crowd and LOSING the ball. Not just stumbling, but being stripped by whomever because that's just not basketball, lol...

But a couple times when Shabazz tried drive he ran into 3 Spurs and got stripped so I feel a little better about what 2k15 is coming with soon

# 27 bxphenom7 @ 08/14/14 02:54 PM
They really should increase the size of the court. I find it hard to believe the players are proportionate to the court.

# 28 Phreezy P @ 08/14/14 02:54 PM
That Napier layup was beautiful. It seems players adjust their layups more realistically now and on the fly.

# 29 eko718 @ 08/14/14 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
Nah bro.
That was a and is definite travel.
They just never called it ANY 2k until just now
Look at where Duncan started and where he ended up after the second turn around. He was at the foul line and ended by the 3.
Thats that 2K cheese sauce...
Example - it a player online is not close enough to the 3 they'll just pivot until the get behind it for sure....

In the game the player slid because the user did too many pivots...
Check it again bro...
I do see that the pivot might have slid... otherwise it shouldn't be a travel. But the issue with that is that it seemed happenstance...unless its by design that multiple pivots will result in a travel? If that's the case, it would be silly if every time you did more than one pivot it resulted in a travel. I'm thinking it's just the build... I don't see how that would be an advantageous cheese.

# 30 JBulls @ 08/14/14 03:19 PM
I wish they would fix the character model's biceps, way too skinny

# 31 Gramps91 @ 08/14/14 03:21 PM
I really like the movement overall and the presentation is looks great as well. Looks pretty good to me.

# 32 24ct @ 08/14/14 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
I do see that the pivot might have slid... otherwise it shouldn't be a travel. But the issue with that is that it seemed happenstance...unless its by design that multiple pivots will result in a travel? If that's the case, it would be silly if every time you did more than one pivot it resulted in a travel. I'm thinking it's just the build... I don't see how that would be an advantageous cheese.
It's not just more than one pivot in real life.

In video games tho, the player is going to slide, so it should be called a travel if he moves...Maybe not every accident, but if it's user input then they should have someway to detect that and I think they do now.

Regardless, what I'm saying is Tim Duncan traveled. If he did that in real life the ref would have called travel. Thing is Tim Duncan has good footwork so he would never do make those pivots in real life. Lol

Cheese or no cheese I've always said that's a travel in the game and I've seen people do it in the park and in quick games. It seems that problem is solved.

I'm all for more sim and less arcade stuff, so I'm hype about this, lol...

# 33 jayman504 @ 08/14/14 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreezy P
That Napier layup was beautiful. It seems players adjust their layups more realistically now and on the fly.
I liked that fact that he pumped faked...then proceeded to drive the lane

# 34 eko718 @ 08/14/14 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
It's not just more than one pivot in real life.

In video games tho, the player is going to slide, so it should be called a travel if he moves...Maybe not every accident, but if it's user input then they should have someway to detect that and I think they do now.

Regardless, what I'm saying is Tim Duncan traveled. If he did that in real life the ref would have called travel. Thing is Tim Duncan has good footwork so he would never do make those pivots in real life. Lol

Cheese or no cheese I've always said that's a travel in the game and I've seen people do it in the park and in quick games. It seems that problem is solved.

I'm all for more sim and less arcade stuff, so I'm hype about this, lol...
I agree that is a travel and it's cool to me as long as its not completely random. My thing is, is there something the user did specifically to cause that? Does it always happen if you pivot more than once(I hope not because its a legit move)? Because if just happens when it happens how do you prevent it from happening? I am questioning the control here, not so much the realism.

# 35 Da_Czar @ 08/14/14 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL
Never understood the marketing logic with these game companies. The only people watching these videos are the most hardcore fans that are going to pick it apart.

Wouldn't 3 minutes of video of Beluba playing the demo help promote the game more than grainy cell phone footage of some hack using Tim Duncan like Stephen Curry?
I keep pitching this idea fam.Simultaneous to Gamescon on just before it release a few possessions of a dev playing the game for comparison sakes. LOL. PLEASE!!

# 36 BA2929 @ 08/14/14 03:42 PM
I haven't watched the video yet, but since 90% of the comments are just "that dude sucks at the game!" I'm assuming it looks promising.

# 37 eko718 @ 08/14/14 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBulls
I wish they would fix the character model's biceps, way too skinny
Agreed. If this build is any indication, it doesn't seem they struck the right chord with that yet. They need to go back to having several types of frames for players, particularly a normal build for guys who are neither skinny or especially muscular.

# 38 Da_Czar @ 08/14/14 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saro1
Two open three with Duncan? OMG
Maybe he thought, the taller a player is the closer he is to the basket from long distance ? LOL

# 39 DaWolf @ 08/14/14 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Maybe he thought, the taller a player is the closer he is to the basket from long distance ? LOL
Actually makes sense

# 40 Goffs @ 08/14/14 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
I liked that fact that he pumped faked...then proceeded to drive the lane
See I asked this earlier....I don't recall the CPU pump faking then driving in....has that ever happened before? I probably just didn't pay attention....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.