Home
NHL 15 News Post

EA Sports has just released two NHL 15 gameplay videos, which shows off the gameplay, new camera angles (Dynamic Low, Dynamic Medium, and Dynamic High), commentary and more.

Watch the embedded videos above or click here for video #1 and here for video #2.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 green94 @ 08/16/14 10:09 AM
If this is the base they are working off of for the remainder of next gen we are all in for a treat.

Presentation looks insane!

My only gripe is the 2 man celebrations... Wish we got the group hug this year.

# 82 angelstrout @ 08/16/14 10:41 AM
Too wide open, where's the defense? Everything is a fast break, where are the adjustments? Defensive traps? Zone defense? I guess the audience EA is going for is pre teens once again, I was looking forward to this game but I'm passing for the 2nd yr in a row. I bought all NHL EA tittles from 1994-2013. Core gameplay hasn't been touch since 2005 what a joke!

# 83 Russo @ 08/16/14 11:14 AM
to follow-up on my post (page # 7), i think this series needs a new set up of eyes from the devs side. They're being lazy because the game sells well so they figure nothing really needs to be changed. Here's the problem: IT'S THE ONLY NHL GAME AVAILABLE FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS.
2K sports has to resurface somehow, I am sure they'll get it right. NHL 2K6-2K8 were fantastic games.

# 84 csamuelsvt @ 08/16/14 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomah5
While I agree that the videos have not shown us doc and his excited 'scores', it still sounds more intense than some of you are stating. Gary Thorne in the previous years always had his excited call under a minute so I am assuming we will hear the the cracking voice by doc when the play permits.
I agree. If you look at all that footage, the goals scored I believe were never in the 3rd period when I guess Doc's"excitement" may kick in. I thought it wasn't so good the first couple of times I listened, but when you look at the time of the goals etc its not the worst.

And as you said, Gary did have his signature "SCORRESS!" with a minute to go in the 3rd period if you scored to tie it up or go ahead, but who knows. They did supposedly record different scenarios and levels of excitement which may trigger in for 3rd period situations. Time will tell!

# 85 Armor and Sword @ 08/16/14 12:03 PM
Day one purchase. Presentation and visuals are true next gen....gameplay for me has always been a blast since NHL 09 but 13 took it to another level for me and my guess is the true 12 man physics and ice and puck physics are going to be incredible.

Love what I see!

# 86 DGuinta1 @ 08/16/14 12:52 PM
Wish Madden looked this good.

# 87 sir psycho @ 08/16/14 02:26 PM
Presentation looks great...and sorry if this has been asked before but is every single game in Be A GM going to be using the NBC/NBCSN broadcast or only some of them? I feel like if it is every game it could kill some of the immersion in the mode, especially as a Devils fan, since they only play on those channels maybe a couple times per season.

# 88 metallidevils @ 08/16/14 03:11 PM
Even as a huge Doc fan I have to say that the commentary sounds terrible. He NEVER sounds like that when he calls a game.

# 89 Desolationmike @ 08/16/14 03:35 PM
I always thought NHL had really good commentary, probably second best behind 2k but the commentary in these videos is stilted and lacking. I'm also not a big fan of the real video commentators in the intro either. The gameplay looks alright, certainly nothing new there, although it seems a lot easier to handle the puck down low. I already have it preordered and can't wait to play some hockey, but as a title that I explected a lot out of this doesn't paticularly impress me.

# 90 Money99 @ 08/16/14 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuinta1
I'm happy with how NHL15 looks, but to be honest, I think the Madden models, especially the jersey's, look far better in Madden than NHL.
In those video's, watching the goalie jersey's soar behind ala Superman looked really odd.
The pants also look like they're made of play-do.

But again, I don't want to make it sound like I'm disgusted with it or that this is a show-stopper.
It's not at all. The game looks gorgeous in a lot of different areas. I just think the jersey's and parts of the equipment could look better.

But seeing as it's a first-year iteration, I know there's room for improvement.

BTW, I know the gameplay isn't super realistic. Certainly the NZ play could be much stronger, but EA hockey has been this way for a while and I'm okay with that.
Just as long as the game is fun, and the players on both sides of the controller act and play similar to their real-life counterparts.

# 91 18 eighty 5 @ 08/17/14 09:32 AM
In video 2 at 1:26 there is a collision between a forward and defender by the side of the net, the puck spills whilst they are on the ice trying to get up. The fellow D man skates over to get it whilst a winger who is closer does nothing but wander around above the slot to the middle of the ice. By the time the D man gets to it the human attacking forward is up and stick lifts to get the puck back. The non human controlled ai just don't seem to be much help. I reckon against the CPU this sort of thing will happen again and again and again like always.

# 92 Gotmilkman24 @ 08/17/14 09:44 AM
My problem with madden is it has always looked so robotic. To where the NHL games aren't as robotic as madden.
I was very disappointed with madden 25. It honestly didn't feel "next gen"

# 93 Sdot23 @ 08/17/14 11:20 AM
This looks amazing. Presentation looks great... Live commentary and live areal shots even for a short period of time is a huge advancement in sports games and I hope others take suit and follow. I'm really looking forward to getting this game since I skipped out on 14 due to it not being on next-gen. The devs that work on FIFA and NHL should help out the Madden devs with presentation, all EA sports games should be at the same level of quality at this point.

# 94 Gotmilkman24 @ 08/17/14 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdot23
This looks amazing. Presentation looks great... Live commentary and live areal shots even for a short period of time is a huge advancement in sports games and I hope others take suit and follow. I'm really looking forward to getting this game since I skipped out on 14 due to it not being on next-gen. The devs that work on FIFA and NHL should help out the Madden devs with presentation, all EA sports games should be at the same level of quality at this point.
Its funny to because this is the cheapest and smallest EA dev team. So yes, the other sports games should be up to this level of presentation.

# 95 Sdot23 @ 08/17/14 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuinta1
I agree 1000% with you in all aspects of the game. Gameplay and presentation wise NHL and also FIFA are far way more advanced at this point than Madden in the realism category. Although it's a video game, bringing it as close to the actual sport on a video game platform is surely not an unrealistic attempt at this juncture in technology.

# 96 Methlab @ 08/17/14 01:08 PM
Not to derail but I think the issue with Madden is player movement more than player detail. Madden players always move very unrealistically.

The players in NHL move so much better and this game really looks impressive. Should be the best sports game of the year unless 2k15 takes it up a notch and tightens the control and feel in the passing game.

# 97 thejudicata @ 08/17/14 01:55 PM
Game looks great. Gameplay looks very similar to NHL 14.

The hit animations seem off. One thing I noticed is the hits seem to be very focused on the upper body animations with arms flailing and what not. Instead should be more focused on getting the leg animations correct if someone is knocked over.

From the videos seems like the game will be toe-drag galore, the players seemed to get a boost in acceleration side-to-side when making a deke.

Now if only if they'd announce if EASHL is or is not in the game....

# 98 deej93 @ 08/17/14 01:59 PM
I really wish it would be more of a grind to get into good scoring areas and even into the offensive zone with the puck. I've played and watched hockey my whole life and against good competition you can't just walk into the zone and get a good scoring opportunity every rush you have. Your opponent should force you to have to dump and chase A LOT more and if you make a bad mistake in the nz they should make you pay.

Hockey is an absolute grind and they need to find a way to represent that. Speaking of grind there's got to be more play below the goal line on the boards and cycling of the puck.

I'm gonna buy because I love hockey and still have fun playing, but I want more of a grinding game in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 99 johnnyrocks @ 08/17/14 05:10 PM
I think that the graphics and presentation are good but gameplay is my #1 priority.

In today's hockey, a lot of plays are usually near the boards and you'd have to grind and try to pass it off. No where in this video, do I see some board play, I see crisp passes (rarely any misses) and dirty dangles. While I appreciate the new Physics and the new Superstar skill stick, I want to see more board play action, more grinding.

I agree with what deej93 says as well, we need to see more action behind the net, around the boards and found a way how to cycle the puck (and have some mishandles with it too). That's how hockey should be played. I like how EA is putting some effort, but I'd love for that to be in the future sometime.

Lastly, the goalies look exactly the same in NHL 14 so we gotta find a way to fix that... The post off the goalie looks weird. When goalies are using the post and moving around, they usually have their skate on the post, and then usually push off the skate from the post when they're moving around. Goalies don't look as great, since they don't look they haven't been changed, but then again, I'm glad and stoked that NHL 15 is coming out.

My two long cents lol.

# 100 Gotmilkman24 @ 08/17/14 08:41 PM
Very true, I wonder if its mainly because the animations they have and captured doesnt take place around the net or on the boards a whole bunch? Itd be something else if they actually captured a real game with their engine.
By that I mean to bad they cant take two teams and equip them with their equipment to capture more life like animations and gameplay.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.