Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Our friends at ESG have posted this Madden NFL 15 video that shows end of season stats, league leaders, awards, division standings, and more. They also simmed the playoffs and Super Bowl.

For those of you interested in simulated stats, check out the results and leave your thoughts.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 T5063 @ 08/18/14 10:46 AM
The Seahawks going 8-8 is totally realistic. Lots of championship teams have a 'hangover' season the next year where they don't make the playoffs. Just look at the Ravens last year or the Redsox in baseball this year. I have a lot more difficulty with the Vikings winning the superbowl though or with Peyton throwing 13 tds. Those two things concern me.

On another note, they still didnt change the standings column where it shows your winning/losing streak. Its still a + or - where older maddens had a W or L. Its a minor thing but its still makes the whole screen look unpolished.

# 142 Mauer4MVP @ 08/18/14 11:40 AM
Question about the simulation. Were the Vikings still in TCF Bank Stadium in year 3?

# 143 mjavon @ 08/18/14 12:22 PM
People have mentioned that sliders do not affect sim stats, which appears to be true of the gameplay sliders - but in NCAA I was able to get MUCH better sim stats by playing with the coach sliders. I wonder if editing the coaches' aggressiveness value would have an impact on madden sim stats as well.

# 144 Radiant1 @ 08/18/14 12:51 PM
So I guess my hope that they would finally discover tight ends are the focal points of many offenses is out the window... Madden sim stats are straight from the 80's

# 145 gzenius @ 08/18/14 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiant1
So I guess my hope that they would finally discover tight ends are the focal points of many offenses is out the window... Madden sim stats are straight from the 80's
yeah even jimmy graham will never even get close to 1,000 yards. i bet QB rushing stats aren't fixed either. i was hoping he would show defensive TDs since there were like 60 total every season last year. i wonder if they fixed that. i don't know how it's 2014 and they still can't even get sim stats right. two 4,000 yard passers? for real? they probably don't even care about sim stats because they aren't a big deal in online franchise.

# 146 crenk @ 08/18/14 07:43 PM
I read somewhere that someone claimed the 2nd and 3rd season of simmed stats were better for QB's but I cant find the post. Anybody able to confirm this( at least that it was claimed) even if you havent tried yourself. I am holding out hope that this can be fixed or worked around somehow.

# 147 Skuxx24 @ 08/19/14 09:27 AM
Sigh the one yeah I thought it would be different how things remain the same wish I didn't pre order but oh well.

Just can't believe this has been a problem for so long do they do one year of siming when testing and say that's fine. I find it hard to believe that Peyton Manning this year with basically the same cast bar Decker is gonna throw for less than 30 Tds but 13 that is laughable to be honest.

The one work around I have used for many years is the supersim feature I've got great stats using it bit tedious but it gets the job done. Was able to cut down on the defensive Tds for a season dramatically when I did my year looks like have to do it all over again.

Shame really shouldn't really be doing this kinda of thing year and year out it is what it is but the issue should be resolved years ago. I would encourage people to post that video to Loomans twitter account and hopefully they can patch something in for release day if enough people get the word out.

# 148 crenk @ 08/19/14 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuxx24
Sigh the one yeah I thought it would be different how things remain the same wish I didn't pre order but oh well.

Just can't believe this has been a problem for so long do they do one year of siming when testing and say that's fine. I find it hard to believe that Peyton Manning this year with basically the same cast bar Decker is gonna throw for less than 30 Tds but 13 that is laughable to be honest.

The one work around I have used for many years is the supersim feature I've got great stats using it bit tedious but it gets the job done. Was able to cut down on the defensive Tds for a season dramatically when I did my year looks like have to do it all over again.

Shame really shouldn't really be doing this kinda of thing year and year out it is what it is but the issue should be resolved years ago. I would encourage people to post that video to Loomans twitter account and hopefully they can patch something in for release day if enough people get the word out.
Do you supersim each game? I havent had madden in years. Waiting for a solid experience before investing in the new PS4. Thought this was the year but as an exclusive offline franchise guy, stats are huge to me. I am now back on the fence but grasping at straws for something to make stats workable.
So how does this work?

# 149 fancyclaps @ 08/19/14 10:49 AM
I'm going to spend the bulk of my 6 early access hours simulating seasons to see how the stats look and how CPU progression works.

I'll post what I find in this topic.

# 150 Melicant @ 08/19/14 11:45 AM
Until they have their sim engine use the actual game engine they will have issues. I'm not sure why this is so hard for them to understand. Having the sim engine use the actual game engine also allows for much greater testing/balance of both sim and gameplay. Sierra's Frontpage Sports football was doing this almost 20 years ago on computer hardware much less powerful than what these consoles are running. Although each sim week took 5-10 minutes to run, it gave one of the greatest sim/franchise experiences of all time. You could actually go and watch a replay of every game simmed each week, or just watch all the highlights.

# 151 vrtkolman @ 08/19/14 12:17 PM
Ew, those stats look horrible. I'm willing to wait on other people's findings though until I come to a conclusion. This could be a game breaker though.

# 152 ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ @ 08/20/14 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
Stats broken once again.......... Manning is going to throw for 42 fewer TDs than the year before. Wow. Passing yards okay, completion percentage okay, TDs way low, picks too high. Rushing yards okay, ypc okay, TDs way low.
Not just passing TDs, passing efficiency is way too low. Manning is hitting over 100 and at least 5 other QBs are every single year, or near it.

# 153 cooper417 @ 08/20/14 01:05 PM
Hope I never have to sim an online CFM game, these stats are ugly. These are the worst I can remember in a Madden game since any PS3 version.

# 154 DorianDonP @ 08/21/14 01:38 PM
Has anyone with early access tested this more?

# 155 wordtobigbird @ 08/21/14 01:59 PM
http://www.goodgamebro.com/2014/08/2...n-simulations/

Quote:
As part of our coverage of Madden NFL 15 here at GoodGameBro, we decided that we should test the simulation engine—as well as the new ability to sim all the way through a season in Connected Franchise Mode with a single selection—and show our community what kind of results we saw when the game was left to play through a season by itself. The statistics and data contained in this article are based on five separate simulations of the 2014-2015 NFL season in Madden NFL 15, using 15 minute quarters on All-Madden difficulty with all sliders at their default values.

# 156 T5063 @ 08/21/14 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Out of five simulations there were only two qbs who threw more than 30 tds?!

# 157 angels28 @ 08/21/14 02:28 PM
Has anyone simmed one week at a time? Like we all will do when we play. Instead the whole season

# 158 fancyclaps @ 08/21/14 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
Out of five simulations there were only two qbs who threw more than 30 tds?!
Ugh, just terrible. I think I'm going to super sim every single game, someone here said that may help. I'll try it with my early access.

# 159 DorianDonP @ 08/21/14 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
lol @ Michael Strahan's sack record being broken in three straight simulations. 27 sacks from Michael Johnson.

# 160 bcruise @ 08/21/14 02:39 PM
Again I have to wonder if Skyboxer did his simulations with a different option (week to week) rather than simming the entire season at once. His sims were so much different from this and the one in the OP that it doesn't make any sense.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.