Home
EA Access News Post

The official EA Access twitter account today confirmed that the platform will only support six hours of Madden NFL 15 gameplay. Considering EA Sports Season Ticket offers Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 users access to the game for three full days, this news comes as a disappointment for Xbox One fans.

Without a Madden NFL 15 demo, EA Access and EA Sports Season Ticket is the only way consumers can play the game early. Unfortunately, EA Access is exclusive to the Xbox One, which means PlayStation 4 gamers are left out in the cold on any early access period.

While EA Access certainly has its benefits with The Vault, the sports gamer looked at the deal as a no-brainer, since it offered early access to games. However, with time limits set to just six hours of gameplay, that could deter many of them.

While EA Sports has confirmed demos for both NHL 15 and FIFA 15, we would like to hear from the community concerning the six hour gameplay limit for Madden NFL 15 on EA Access.

Sound off!

Game: EA AccessHype Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 StL_RamZ @ 08/18/14 12:23 PM
that's disappointing

# 2 Mauer4MVP @ 08/18/14 12:23 PM
I was wrong.

# 3 SageInfinite @ 08/18/14 12:23 PM
WOW. 10 char

# 4 bcruise @ 08/18/14 12:25 PM
And suddenly I feel like I'm not missing out on much as a PS4 owner.

# 5 JaymeeAwesome @ 08/18/14 12:25 PM
Booooooooooooooooo! But season ticket gives three day unlimited? If it wasn't for the vault games, this program would be trash.

# 6 Mauer4MVP @ 08/18/14 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
And suddenly I feel like I'm not missing out as much as a PS4 owner.
I never really thought the Early access was the biggest seller.

# 7 eXperiment63 @ 08/18/14 12:26 PM
Well, that's highly diappointing! "Join EA Access, and you get games early!" *Joins the pay service* "Whoops, we meant to say you can get it early, but it locks you out once you're finally getting into the game!"

Details like that, that makes me want my money back and to not buy their stuff ever again. That needs to be said prior to getting everyone's money.

# 8 cthurt @ 08/18/14 12:26 PM
Makes sense why Ps4 passed on it, they new details that we didnt know until now.

# 9 dat boi Q @ 08/18/14 12:27 PM
I guess Sony was right about EA access.

# 10 Reed1417 @ 08/18/14 12:27 PM
Wow!!!!! That's some bull bull right there! Kind of unacceptable to be honest.

Reed is comin' atcha!!

# 11 m1ke_nyc @ 08/18/14 12:28 PM
Now reconsidering purchasing this. Glad I waited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwest718
So you want unlimited hours to a full product when you haven't purchased the game?

I'm not sure what you are expecting.

I mean if you pre ordered the game and have ea access and want unlimited hours? Sure.

But remember, that's not exactly how this program works. Everyone that pays that 5 bucks a month will get access to the game.
It should be the 5 full days for sports titles. 6 hours is just a few games. Its a waste. This program is now only worth it if someone is interested in the free games from the vault. And there isnt enough games for me personally to spend the $30

# 12 bad_philanthropy @ 08/18/14 12:30 PM
Hmmm a pseudo bait n' switch. That's pretty low.

# 13 bsurocksrule @ 08/18/14 12:30 PM
You might not buy madden just because you don't get unlimited early access to madden? Wow.

# 14 bcruise @ 08/18/14 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwest718
So you want unlimited hours to a full product when you haven't purchased the game?

I'm not sure what you are expecting.

I mean if you pre ordered the game and have ea access and want unlimited hours? Sure.

But remember, that's not exactly how this program works. Everyone that pays that 5 bucks a month will get access to the game.
Many of us thought this was going to be like Season Ticket, EA's last-gen pre-release program. Incorrectly so, it seems.

If I was a One owner I'd be pretty disappointed right now.

# 15 Beardown @ 08/18/14 12:32 PM
Wow that is a joke. They should have stuck with the Season Ticket format they would of had a winner. I will have to reconsider next year. Oh well I should have expected this from EA but I never really considered them to be that dumb.

# 16 HoundsOfHowl @ 08/18/14 12:33 PM
Wow that's like 5-7 games worth of play to me...really disappointed with this. Definitely won't renew my sub

# 17 Mauer4MVP @ 08/18/14 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
I guess Sony was right about EA access.
I mean, I get that Sony wants to support Playstation Now, but the access to the Vault has always been the biggest selling point.

# 18 B1MM3R @ 08/18/14 12:33 PM
So ea access is a terrible product why? Ok so for $30 a year I get games in a vault that I can play anytime? Yea I'll take it. I sold my fifa 14, bf4 and Madden 25 for about $70...paid $30 for ea access and still have all 3 of those games, just saying. However I feel that everyone should get a Madden 15 demo for a day or so and ea access people maybe get the demo for a full 5 days. Everyone should get a demo tho.

# 19 TOmuch81 @ 08/18/14 12:33 PM
6 hrs is a joke. I feel as though I got my moneys worth for the $5 I've paid to play Fifa and Battlefield 4, but limiting users to only 6 hrs is a joke!

# 20 Mauer4MVP @ 08/18/14 12:34 PM
The reactions in this thread are honestly the funniest things I've read today.

(Just to be clear, I am disappointed with this news)

« Previous1234567892526Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.