Home
EA Access News Post

The official EA Access twitter account today confirmed that the platform will only support six hours of Madden NFL 15 gameplay. Considering EA Sports Season Ticket offers Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 users access to the game for three full days, this news comes as a disappointment for Xbox One fans.

Without a Madden NFL 15 demo, EA Access and EA Sports Season Ticket is the only way consumers can play the game early. Unfortunately, EA Access is exclusive to the Xbox One, which means PlayStation 4 gamers are left out in the cold on any early access period.

While EA Access certainly has its benefits with The Vault, the sports gamer looked at the deal as a no-brainer, since it offered early access to games. However, with time limits set to just six hours of gameplay, that could deter many of them.

While EA Sports has confirmed demos for both NHL 15 and FIFA 15, we would like to hear from the community concerning the six hour gameplay limit for Madden NFL 15 on EA Access.

Sound off!

Game: EA AccessHype Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 501 dkp23 @ 08/19/14 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsSB2015
The issue is in the details. EA Sports claimed you can try out the game 5 days before release. No details of minimum game play until today? There was no assumption that EA and Microsoft would pull a stunt like that. The fault isn't on the consumer, but the corporation behind it. They should have been clear from the start. It was false advertising.

"f you’re an EA Access member, you can download upcoming EA games five days before the release date to play for a limited time. Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15 and Dragon Age: Inquisition are all included, with more to come. If you love it, buy it, and you can pick up right where you left off."

You can spin it every way you like and say "well they didnt say how much", still they said for a limited time. Those that thought it would be unlimited was only based on wishful thinking at comparing to ticket which is a different service. Those that think that "a limited time" is referring to the five days, no, they are two separate things and it clearly reads that way.

Putting a 6 hour limit, tell me, how is that false advertising? It is clearly stated that early release trials would be limited time and that was a general statement which spans across the catalog of games.

People can complain that it shouldn't be unlimited since it is a sports game, but that is a different argument. To say it is false advertising is inaccurate.

Those that didn't read the details and opted in, it is their fault so yes, it is the consumers fault in this case because if they actually spent the time reading and not assuming, they would of waited until an announcement. There is no way EA would not announce the limit prior to release, they would have to, now people cry about how it is too late? Too late for what? the game doesnt release until next week. Read the details, make decisions based on the details and move on. Not assume, opt in and get mad because EA didnt give you what you want.

I personally think the limit is stupid, but I read the details that it was a possiblity, I opted in with the expectation that i would cancel after a month which i think a lot of people will do which is probably why it is a limited trial

# 502 dkp23 @ 08/19/14 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Eh I think some of yall are overestimating how many people wanted this to play Madden early.. go over to IGN when the articles about EA access first started comig out. The general gaming community didn't care about Maddens early access at all. Here its a big deal of course but its far from the biggest sellig point. If it was I would agree with you.

Like if this was season ticket, which I think was paying soley to play early right? Then the length of time is the main selling point.
This is true, people are overestimating on this forum because it is a madden (sports gaming) forum. In reality, the value of access is in the vault, the trial is just a small perk of the service as a whole. While the population of madden gamers are complaining, the likely larger population of just gamers are not really impacted because they are planning to play the vault games.

# 503 NDAlum @ 08/19/14 12:39 PM
Why can't people be disappointed in the six hours?

It's rhetorical, please don't answer. I just don't get the circling in this thread. People are upset with six hours. Whether or not YOU think it's right for them to be upset just take a step back and let them be upset. Telling them they shouldn't be upset is not needed.

# 504 ricky24 @ 08/19/14 12:44 PM
You can be upset. That is obviously fine. This shouldn't be much of a surprise though. There was no false advertising.

# 505 number1thumbs @ 08/19/14 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp23
"f you’re an EA Access member, you can download upcoming EA games five days before the release date to play for a limited time.
It's normally assumed that when something says a "limited time" and in the same sentence says "5 days," the limited time usually means 5 days. Not hours within those days....extremely misleading

# 506 nxt @ 08/19/14 12:47 PM
Anyone with common sense knows that EA purposefully misled consumers. They promoted their program by advertising "you can download upcoming EA games five days before the release date to play for a limited time." They knew most people would think the "limited time" meant the "five days before release date." They chose not to disclose that there was an additional restrictions within that limited time (the six hour limit), knowing that it would hurt sales for this program. The old bait and switch.

# 507 ricky24 @ 08/19/14 12:47 PM
The fact that they included limited time in that statement tells me that playing for a full 5 days wasn't happening.

# 508 TexInOrd @ 08/19/14 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Anyone with common sense knows that EA purposefully misled consumers. They promoted their program by advertising "you can download upcoming EA games five days before the release date to play for a limited time." They knew most people would think the "limited time" meant the "five days before release date." They chose not to disclose that there was an additional restrictions within that limited time (the six hour limit), knowing that it would hurt sales for this program. The old bait and switch.

Bingo. Couldnt agree more. Bait and switch.

# 509 dkp23 @ 08/19/14 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1thumbs
It's normally assumed that when something says a "limited time" and in the same sentence says "5 days," the limited time usually means 5 days. Not hours within those days....extremely misleading
So EA was referring to the five days with the limited time wording and then also include dragon age? How come many people understood that dragon age would have a limited trial and dont understand now that Madden wont? Because it makes sense to put a limit on an RPG and doesnt make sense for sports game in their options. Yet, they ignored that this was a blanket statement and covered the games listed and limited meant a limited time during the five day span.

Perhaps people shouldn't assume so much and wait for the details.

"f you’re an EA Access member, you can download upcoming EA games five days before the release date to play for a limited time. Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15 and Dragon Age: Inquisition are all included, with more to come.

# 510 MAGboyswifT27 @ 08/19/14 01:15 PM
Thank the good Lord that I didn't purchase this! This is another huge disappointment IMO..

# 511 dkp23 @ 08/19/14 01:16 PM
Quote:
You're reading it that way in hindsight. Limited time could have easily been assumed for the limited amount of days you have to play the game. Just like Season Ticket on Last Gen. Where was everyone to correct the record before SteveOS posted about it? If you're okay with playing it for 6 hours then great. I know I wouldn't, but that's just me and what seemingly seems like the majority on this thread.

The language wasn't clear and EA Sports should have made it clear.
It wasn't in hindsight, my expectation was that it would be unlimited for sports game like everyone else, but i also read it the details knowing that EA could easily throw in a cap which they did. If they can put a cap on an RPG, then they can on sports game, that is how it is read as they list all the games that way. It doesn't impact me regardless, while it impact many others. Still, people should of waited until all details were clarified instead of assuming which is really what this whole thread is all about.

# 512 speedtrucker @ 08/19/14 01:20 PM
Still don't get the assuming part...

Download 5 days early
Play for a limited time
Then it's listed at a minimum of 2 hours.

You can download the game 5 days before launch. Check
You can play for a limited time. Check
A minimum of 2 hours. Check.

# 513 number1thumbs @ 08/19/14 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp23
So EA was referring to the five days with the limited time wording and then also include dragon age? How come many people understood that dragon age would have a limited trial and dont understand now that Madden wont? Because it makes sense to put a limit on an RPG and doesnt make sense for sports game in their options. Yet, they ignored that this was a blanket statement and covered the games listed and limited meant a limited time during the five day span.

Perhaps people shouldn't assume so much and wait for the details.

"f you’re an EA Access member, you can download upcoming EA games five days before the release date to play for a limited time. Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15 and Dragon Age: Inquisition are all included, with more to come.
well, then why didn't they put 6 hours instead of "5 days limited time"..That's right, to mislead the consumer because not many here would purchase it otherwise. It's pretty obvious, and I hope you're getting paid to defend their shady practices

# 514 ubernoob @ 08/19/14 01:26 PM
Quote:
Where were any of you to clarify this before Steve OS posted this thread? All of a sudden it was obvious? Really?
Well here, for one.

Also, here.

So... yeah... really. Keep enjoying trying to be condescending like you're the only one who Season Ticket is available to as well.

# 515 kehlis @ 08/19/14 01:38 PM
Quote:
Where were any of you to clarify this before Steve OS posted this thread? All of a sudden it was obvious? Really?

Like I said before, enjoy your EA Access. I'm going to enjoy my 72 hours of Season Ticket.

It was discussed in depth in one of Steve's last news story that announced the launch of EA access.

In fact many os'ers were the ones that pointed out the 2 hour minimum and asked how that would pertain to Madden if at all.

Most people just assumed that as a sports title it wouldn't apply but it was discussed in length, you just missed it apparently.

Just wanted to point that out since this is now the second time you've said something similar to this.

# 516 speedtrucker @ 08/19/14 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1thumbs
well, then why didn't they put 6 hours instead of "5 days limited time"..That's right, to mislead the consumer because not many here would purchase it otherwise. It's pretty obvious, and I hope you're getting paid to defend their shady practices

Because you CAN download the game 5 days early.

They also stated that you can play the game for a limited time during those 5 days.

It's like a store saying a sale is going on this weekend, for a limited time or while supplies last... Meaning that it is this weekend, maybe not all weekend and only till they run out...

# 517 aholbert32 @ 08/19/14 01:48 PM
Alright I'm gonna lock this up. The thread has run its course and its the same guys making the same arguments.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.