Home
EA Access News Post

The official EA Access twitter account today confirmed that the platform will only support six hours of Madden NFL 15 gameplay. Considering EA Sports Season Ticket offers Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 users access to the game for three full days, this news comes as a disappointment for Xbox One fans.

Without a Madden NFL 15 demo, EA Access and EA Sports Season Ticket is the only way consumers can play the game early. Unfortunately, EA Access is exclusive to the Xbox One, which means PlayStation 4 gamers are left out in the cold on any early access period.

While EA Access certainly has its benefits with The Vault, the sports gamer looked at the deal as a no-brainer, since it offered early access to games. However, with time limits set to just six hours of gameplay, that could deter many of them.

While EA Sports has confirmed demos for both NHL 15 and FIFA 15, we would like to hear from the community concerning the six hour gameplay limit for Madden NFL 15 on EA Access.

Sound off!

Game: EA AccessHype Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 mestevo @ 08/18/14 12:59 PM
More disappointed than outraged.

I've gotten my $30 pretty easily with the vault games and will be enjoying my 6 hours of Madden. Hope the feedback is deafening though and changes are made (while not consuming every conceivable thread even remotely related to it).

The Vault selection will have to significantly improve or early access terms change before re-upping, for sure, but no regrets about picking up the first year of the new service.

# 62 klem @ 08/18/14 01:00 PM
This coupled with the possibility that EASHL will out of next gen NHL is really disappointing! I get limiting a story based game, but a sports game is ridiculous. I would understand even 6 hours a day for the 5 days but not 6 hours total.

# 63 Brandwin @ 08/18/14 01:01 PM
For those who will play the games in the vault, it's still not a bad deal. I would be upset because EA waited until the week Madden is out for EA Access to tell people it's a 6 hour trial. I understand they said it was going to be limited from the jump and it is our fault for buying early when we didn't know the specifics, but the 6 hour window still rubs me the wrong way.

I would have easily paid $30 for the Season Ticket program and getting the game the weekend before as the driving force for me would have been early access to sports games.

# 64 aholbert32 @ 08/18/14 01:02 PM
My suggestion is people should go to the EA Access twitter and make their voice heard. Enough threats of cancelled subscriptions may force them to reconsider the 6 hrs.

# 65 kehlis @ 08/18/14 01:02 PM
Guys.

Drop the Sony talk and don't let turn into a console war.

Sony has no reason to even be brought up in this thread (or ps4 for that matter).

Edit: not directed at anyone in particular.

# 66 chrisphil1724 @ 08/18/14 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
This has nothing to do with Microsoft/Xbox. This is about EA dropping the ball.
It clearly does if the Sony ship can point to this issue and say this is a reason to pick one system over the other.

Yes, Microsoft didn't tell EA you can only let them play for 6 hours but that poor decision by EA does have a negative effect on the Microsoft Xbox platform.

# 67 dkp23 @ 08/18/14 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
Terrible execution by EA. Completely disrespectful to the fans, and subscribers. They should've said this day one, now they've "stolen" money from users that expected to get their favorite new titles, unlimited, that paid a premium of $30! That's half of an entire Madden copy itself lol.

Snakes. EA and Microsoft look like a bunch of crooks right now, I waited, but I'm fully offended. I was planning on having Madden Thursday, my day off, and now I'll have to wait that extra 5 days. Its not detrimental, but it is a pretty big let down, by companies that make Millions if not Billions of dollars.

Mom and Pop Shops and other places that sell Madden early just got a big boost in traffic, well once this gets around.

A demo has far more value as a Free, Unlimited In-Game Game-Play trial, than a trial for 6 hours for $30. . . offensive.
Im pretty sure they said limited trials for new releases. They just dint say madden was going to be 6 hours specifically. Sooooooo...

# 68 Flightwhite24 @ 08/18/14 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm out. Glad I only bought one month. 6 hrs is ridiculous. No need to make the limit shorter than EA Season Ticket.

Same here. I only purchased 1 month because I felt EA wasn't telling the whole story about the time limit.

EA never ceases to amaze me with some of there antics

Sent from my iPhone

# 69 TheTruth437 @ 08/18/14 01:04 PM
Yet another reason to not think highly of EA and Microsoft.

# 70 snc237 @ 08/18/14 01:05 PM
Are u kidding me! Come on man!

# 71 NDAlum @ 08/18/14 01:05 PM
I just think that's such a low number. With the weekend coming up I could easily burn 6 hours in one day messing with Madden. Not to say I typically will walk away from my console to do things around the house then come back to pick up where I left off.

# 72 StL_RamZ @ 08/18/14 01:05 PM
Quote:
My suggestion is people should go to the EA Access twitter and make their voice heard. Enough threats of cancelled subscriptions may force them to reconsider the 6 hrs.
highly doubt they will reconsider but worth the try at least. tweeting them right now

# 73 dkp23 @ 08/18/14 01:06 PM
Quote:
Reality check, those same people that will threaten would of probably cancelled after a month anyway.

# 74 aholbert32 @ 08/18/14 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
highly doubt they will reconsider but worth the try at least. tweeting them right now
Exactly also they may reconsider it for other sports games.

# 75 dat boi Q @ 08/18/14 01:07 PM
I just feel for the guys who brought this strictly for madden. Planning to play it all weekend. Those are the guys I know are disappointed. Most of those who like FIFA or battlefield got the game already. I only waited because I was planning to get the game early. Glad I did now.

# 76 jmurphy31 @ 08/18/14 01:07 PM
Not great for the consumer who was looking forward to playing Madden early. Most people will probably cancel and then you'll lose your vault games.

EA should of been up front right from the beginning. And to think I went crazy to get into the xbox preview.

# 77 aholbert32 @ 08/18/14 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp23
Reality check, those same people that will threaten would of probably cancelled after a month anyway.
Thats an assumption based on nothing. So you are assuming that most Madden fans only like one sport? They have no interest in Hockey, Soccer or Basketball? Or they dont like non sports games by EA?

# 78 aholbert32 @ 08/18/14 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwest718
You feel bad for someone who was going to pay 30 bucks to get access to a game 5 days earlier? Lol.
I only paid 5 bucks.

# 79 BadAssHskr @ 08/18/14 01:09 PM
Ouch.

Unlike most of you, i solely purchased EA access for the Madden early release. Heck, i likely won't even use my 6 hours, but man, this is a bit of BS. Even going in knowing some games would have limited access, i wouldn't have thought it would be a sports game, given what Season Ticket offered.

I guess it's better than nothing, but being new to Madden after having NCAA ripped away from us, i was planning on jumping in with both feet this weekend with my CFM and not looking back. Now it appears we merely have a blip to experiment with.

Like posted, time for the troops to light twitter up.

# 80 Beardown @ 08/18/14 01:10 PM
Quote:
Done. Is there anyone else we can get to perhaps at Microsoft?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.