Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

It appears Xbox One users won't have CoachGlass exclusively anymore, EA Sports announced today that PlayStation 4 users will get the feature this year as well.

For those who may not be familiar with the feature, CoachGlass is a second-screen experience that is compatible with most smartphones and tablets. As EA says, "The experience is catered for the player who really wants that added layer of information about an opponent."

Here are some of the highlights, check out the video here.
  • Whole New Look - The goal with the new system was to feed data that enhances the Madden game experience without distracting from the on-field action. To do this, we created a system that incorporates colorized charts to make information easily digestible.
  • All About Tendencies-Another goal was to bring some balance to a CoachGlass System that was primarily a defensive tool in year one. We learned that most CoachGlass users already have a basic idea of football strategy, and want that next layer of information that keeps them one step ahead of their opponent.
  • Taking the Next Step- In the first implementation of CoachGlass, users had the ability to call plays from the device but were limited to only having defensive playcall suggestions. We’ve now evened the playing field and made offensive suggestions available as well. Another small win was including the QB in the list of offensive players currently on the field.
Be sure to let us know if you are excited about CoachGlass, and also be sure to check out the full article on EA Sports' website.

Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 CM Hooe @ 08/18/14 05:07 PM
Remind me, is CoachGlass exclusive to XBOX One, or does the PS4 allow for second screen functionality with games?

I'm still a new PS4 owner, but this added layer of information gathering by the game is of interest to me if it's available to me. This is significantly better than I remember the first pass at CoachGlass being on the 360, in theory.

# 2 CM Hooe @ 08/18/14 05:11 PM
Okay, answering my own question. Per @PastaPadre:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @PastaPadre
CoachGlass for Madden NFL 15 will be available on both XB1 and PS4. Last year it was only on the One.
I am pleased with this development.

# 3 RebelHog @ 08/18/14 05:18 PM
Sick. 10char

# 4 swimfunk @ 08/18/14 05:51 PM
hopefully this works in online CFM

# 5 SmashMan @ 08/18/14 05:53 PM
Not sure how well this worked last year as I don't own an XBOX One, but I'm interested in giving it a shot this year on PS4 and seeing how it is.

# 6 juduking @ 08/18/14 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaints7
Is this for Offline CFM too?
Yes, I used coach glass last year in my CFM to help me with strategy. Its a neat little feature, non essential, but neat.

# 7 ThisIsReality @ 08/18/14 06:28 PM
How do I find the app on Windows 8/Android for the PS4?

# 8 ODogg @ 08/18/14 06:39 PM
I so glad this will be for PS4 now!!

# 9 tril @ 08/18/14 06:45 PM
interesting concept but having to use another device, plus a game control is ridiculous.
if this is a feature that one could set to on or off, EA in conjunction with Sony and Microsoft should have just designed a wi-fi game controller with a small screen.
the die hards would most definitely buy the controllers, since this is a feature for die hards.

# 10 Jr. @ 08/18/14 07:20 PM
Sounds pretty cool.. Hopefully it's available on Windows phone as I don't have a tablet.

# 11 snc237 @ 08/19/14 01:20 AM
Used it a bit in madden 25 and was helpful. Showed the last play the other team used and where they threw on average. I only had my phone those so my battery drained pretty good after 2-3 games. It's a nice feature none the less.

# 12 N51_rob @ 08/19/14 02:03 AM
I'll have to check this out. Don't know how often I would use the feature when in a game vs an opponent, but it would be neat to fool around with in some play now games I suppose.

# 13 dsk1317 @ 08/19/14 03:19 AM
I like the concept behind this, and it will be a fun little addition to Madden. I think it will add to the chess match.

# 14 mestevo @ 08/19/14 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
interesting concept but having to use another device, plus a game control is ridiculous.
if this is a feature that one could set to on or off, EA in conjunction with Sony and Microsoft should have just designed a wi-fi game controller with a small screen.
the die hards would most definitely buy the controllers, since this is a feature for die hards.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FLL...=operasport-20

Attachment 80870

# 15 CyberRudy25 @ 08/19/14 05:41 AM
can it be used with the playstation vita?

# 16 CMadatMe @ 08/19/14 07:09 AM
Spy Glass was pretty much useless in M25. It only picks up the base formation, doesn't account for auds and hot routes so you can be pretty much duped when your opponent picks up on that you're using it.

It's much better then last year and a step in the right direction but it still fails to provide POST GAME report that you could use in conjunction with your recorded video or using the on screen after post game video replays.

# 17 mestevo @ 08/19/14 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberRudy25
can it be used with the playstation vita?
No, talked to someone at nyko about that before it released and it isn't song enough.

I wish.

# 18 tril @ 08/19/14 09:05 AM
didnt know they made something like this. Now the coaching glass becomes more appealing to me. . putting down a controller to look at another device would become very annoying and cumbersome. l

# 19 mvb34 @ 08/19/14 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMadatMe
Spy Glass was pretty much useless in M25. It only picks up the base formation, doesn't account for auds and hot routes so you can be pretty much duped when your opponent picks up on that you're using it.

It's much better then last year and a step in the right direction but it still fails to provide POST GAME report that you could use in conjunction with your recorded video or using the on screen after post game video replays.
You shouldn't know the audibles or hot routes..

# 20 CMadatMe @ 08/19/14 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
You shouldn't know the audibles or hot routes..
I agree that's why it's useless. The novice player is going to tend to rely on it. If it took that extra step and provided post game info and you could then rewind the tape and use it as a tool just like the 22 Camera in the NFL then it has value. That value being it's a teaching tool.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.