Home
NHL 15 News Post

It’s official: EASHL, GM Connected, OTP, and Live the Life will not be in NHL 15.

The modes which will be in the game, will include play now, Be A Pro, Be a GM, Online Vs, Hockey Ultimate Team, and NHL Moments Live. The plan, as of right now, is to deliver Online Team Play via a patch after launch.

We sat down with Producer Sean Ramjagsingh to discuss why those modes were not included and to talk about the modes which are in the game. The discussion also turns to how to the team deals with community reactions and plans for the future of the franchise, which admittedly are quite exciting. See for yourself after the jump!

Read More - No EASHL, GM Connected, OTP, or Live The Life in NHL 15 (Interview with Sean Ramjagsingh)

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bowld @ 08/19/14 05:58 PM
They also posted this letter to the fans..lol

http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/201...=1408485849116

# 2 tfctillidie @ 08/19/14 06:07 PM
The gameplay hasn't impressed me via video, this is killer. Total skip for me.

I get they had to focus on the core, doing the arenas and NBC stuff (to be fair, looks good, albeit the audio/goal horns/commentary sound rather brutal)...but this is a huge gap in use for the game.

Being the first go on this console, there's going to be plenty of holes in the gameplay and AI, FIFA/Madden last fall showed that. Lots of new good stuff, but not solid/complete. Which is what I'll expect here. So without the best modes, what's the point?

NHL 16 it is.

# 3 centauris @ 08/19/14 06:07 PM
how is this a 60 dollar game then?

# 4 gb1155 @ 08/19/14 06:07 PM
What do you have to say to the hundreds of thousands of fans that have supported EASHL since 2009? I find it pathetic that you make sure to put in the game mode that makes you money (HUT) But you ignore the diehard EASHL fans

# 5 bigwill33 @ 08/19/14 06:09 PM
Well here it is. The day we pretty much all knew was coming.

So disappointing.

But how hard was it to put out this announcement weeks ago? At least we can move on now.

# 6 Gotmilkman24 @ 08/19/14 06:10 PM
I'm feeling sad.

# 7 huntt26 @ 08/19/14 06:10 PM
Can the game release at $39.99 since it's not a full featured title?

# 8 TDKing @ 08/19/14 06:10 PM
What about GM Connected ? Is that mode returning next year or is it out forever? Rammer never mentions it

# 9 Gotmilkman24 @ 08/19/14 06:13 PM
I'd like to announce once more that I am sad.

# 10 garyjr33 @ 08/19/14 06:13 PM
I can live with their reasoning there. I just really hope that Be-A-GM has the full salary cap parameters in it, and trade logic and other stuff from previous iterations of Be-A-GM plus a few bonuses hopefully. Looking forward to hearing more info about this. Disappointed I can't do a GM connected with my buddies though. Oh well. Hopefully they get it in next year.

# 11 Moose Factory @ 08/19/14 06:14 PM
I feel like creating a drinking game for every time someone from EA uses the phrase "Built from the ground up"...

# 12 MichaelAngeloTMNT @ 08/19/14 06:14 PM
Sad that Ultimate Team is in before some of the other modes...

# 13 duffman @ 08/19/14 06:17 PM
I just hope we don't get a totally stripped down GM mode too. Disappointing news for sure, but if the offline ai and game play holds up then I won't miss it too much.

# 14 Hunkerdown @ 08/19/14 06:17 PM
This sucks for NHL fans. With no baseball on xbone either, I was thinking of subbing with NHL, not now. EA could of had a new customer, instead The Golf Club will.

# 15 Pezell04x @ 08/19/14 06:19 PM
Blech. Knew it was coming, doesn't mean it doesn't sting any less.

# 16 VoItage @ 08/19/14 06:21 PM
How can they justify charging $60 for this? You can't charge full price for a PB&J Sandwich when you ran out of peanut butter.

Between the EA Access time limits and now this, EA proved they're still the EA of old. Just when you thought they were turning a corner...

# 17 Hunkerdown @ 08/19/14 06:22 PM
I guarantee you GM mode will be stripped down as well. Who plays this ultimate team crap in sports games, its horrible fantasy sports, tried with FIFA, never again.

# 18 adayinthelife @ 08/19/14 06:25 PM
Ugh, sounds like GM mode is going to be half assed as well. At least it's in there I suppose, but still. As others have said, it's pretty BS that something like hut makes the cut if everything else is suffering. I'm glad Destiny releases the same day to keep me busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 19 spidertour02 @ 08/19/14 06:25 PM
I never played EASHL and OTP, so I wasn't worried about missing anything here.

However, this interview has me worried. He seems to imply that Be A GM won't be complete (and possibly even broken!) at launch, and that worries me:

Quote:

SR: In Be-A-GM, you have the opportunity to control your own franchise and guide them to a Stanley Cup. All of the basics of the mode are there: there’s free agency, trading, and the rookie draft. You can play up to 25 seasons as well. The core of that mode is there.

We’re continuing as part of our updates to bring back some of that depth in different ways. We’ll have more details on what the patch plans for Be-A-GM specifically at a later date. The goal was to create a solid foundation to continue to build upon and to bring back things our fans have been asking for which we haven’t been able to in the past because of other technical limitations we’ve had.

# 20 meatmets @ 08/19/14 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
This sucks for NHL fans. With no baseball on xbone either, I was thinking of subbing with NHL, not now. EA could of had a new customer, instead The Golf Club will.
that is actually a fantastic point. I'm on PS4 myself but since i'm no longer going to grab NHL, looks like i'll be buying Golf Club

« Previous1234567891314Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.