Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Steam has revealed the system requirements for the PC version of NBA 2K15. It will cost you $59.99.

For those of you that aren't aware, the PC version will feature everything the PS4 and Xbox One version has.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 Cod @ 09/27/14 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidelityny
To pile on trobinson's comment, you may only be able to get medium at best. You're biggest limiting factoring with that card is the lack of memory. You really need at least 2GB of VRAM to run games on high, smoothly these days.

Like others have said as well, the R280 would be plenty of power for this game in my opinion. Check this one out: http://www.amazon.com/Asus-R9280-DC2...=operasport-20. Its only $230 (USD) and has everything you'd need.

# 182 8KB24 @ 09/27/14 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBulls
System Requirements
  • Minimum:
    • Processor: Intel Core2 Duo or better (SSE3 or later)
    • Memory: 2 or more GB RAM
    • Graphics: DirectX 10.1 compatible (512 MB) or better
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Hard Drive: 50 or more GB available space
    • Sound Card: 9.0c compatible
    • Additional Notes: Keyboard or dual-analog gamepad; Additional Notes: Initial installation requires one-time internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributable 2010.

I barely pass that...

# 183 fidelityny @ 09/27/14 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
To pile on trobinson's comment, you may only be able to get medium at best. You're biggest limiting factoring with that card is the lack of memory. You really need at least 2GB of VRAM to run games on high, smoothly these days.

Like others have said as well, the R280 would be plenty of power for this game in my opinion. Check this one out: http://www.amazon.com/Asus-R9280-DC2...=operasport-20. Its only $230 (USD) and has everything you'd need.
Thanks to both of you for the replies. Hopefully you're right and it at least gets medium, I'll be fine with that. 2K14 on the PS3 vs PC is night and day as it is, so next gen 2K15 on medium settings should be fine. As long as I get to play some 2K basketball I'm happy.

# 184 Mrmagoo @ 09/27/14 05:41 PM
Do you guys think that 2k14 is worth getting just in comparison to 2k12
I have been playin 12, just don't know what some of the differences were and what the bugs are compared to 12 better or worse? Like the bug in 12 where the game doesn't keep track of stats correctly.
Or if someone could direct me to where to find out about these things with a link.
I'm on my phone and when I search for some unknown reason I don't get shown any results.
TIA for anyone's opinions and for any links.

# 185 seanbarkley @ 09/28/14 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBulls
Specs have been updated

System Requirements
  • Minimum:
    • Processor: Intel Core2 Duo or better (SSE3 or later)
    • Memory: 2 or more GB RAM
    • Graphics: DirectX 10.1 compatible (512 MB) or better
    • Sound Card: 9.0c compatible
    • Additional Notes: Keyboard or dual-analog gamepad; Additional Notes: Initial installation requires one-time internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributable 2010.
  • Recommended:
    • Processor: Intel Core i5 or better
    • Memory: 4 or more GB RAM
    • Graphics: DirectX 11.0 compatible (2 GB) or better
    • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
    • Additional Notes: Dual-analog gamepad
Looks like recommended processor spec has been lowered, good job 2K

That I5 definitely makes much more sense!

# 186 clipperfan811 @ 09/28/14 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidelityny
Anyone have an idea on how my PC would hold up?

CPU: AMD FX-8320 Turbo 4.0 GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon 6750 64 bit DDR3
SSD: Intel 240GB 530 Series
RES: 1600x900

I'd be happy if it at least looks twice as good as last gen and runs smoothly. My GPU kills it for me.

Honestly what I'd do... Actually it IS what I'm going to do is I'm going to put aside the money to upgrade my video card but I'm going to see what I can push 2k15 to before I upgrade.

My specs are just a bit below yours, as I've posted in this thread. I've been running the FIFA 15 demo in 1080p, high settings, 2x anti aliasing smoothly.

If I do upgrade the video card, I'm probably going with the R9 280. I don't think the 280x is THAT much better but if i find it on sale I may go up to that. That really should be enough to get me through the next few years.

# 187 slimm44 @ 09/28/14 05:02 PM
I read somewhere (maybe earlier in this thread) that if I can run the FIFA15 demo I will probably be able to run 2k15. Is this popular opinion?

# 188 8KB24 @ 09/28/14 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I read somewhere (maybe earlier in this thread) that if I can run the FIFA15 demo I will probably be able to run 2k15. Is this popular opinion?
Yes. I can't run FIFA but should run NBA.

# 189 Nza @ 09/28/14 05:12 PM
Quote:
I think 2K15 has a higher quality of graphics in general, and most of the FIFA gameplay is from a fairly far away perspective and it doesn't take much in the way of polygons to render a soccer player who is 1/8th of the screen in height. Having said that, you do have more of them to render than basketball, but it also seems like NBA has a larger focus on crowd, the bench etc as well.

Probably a fair indication but I'd expect 2K15 to be a bit more demanding. The wildcard is the fact that they are two separate engines and one could be optimized for PC a lot more than the other.

# 190 8KB24 @ 09/28/14 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
I think 2K15 has a higher quality of graphics in general, and most of the FIFA gameplay is from a fairly far away perspective and it doesn't take much in the way of polygons to render a soccer player who is 1/8th of the screen in height. Having said that, you do have more of them to render than basketball, but it also seems like NBA has a larger focus on crowd, the bench etc as well.

Probably a fair indication but I'd expect 2K15 to be a bit more demanding. The wildcard is the fact that they are two separate engines and one could be optimized for PC a lot more than the other.
FIFA is more demanding. Check steam for req.

# 191 slimm44 @ 09/28/14 05:26 PM
In the demo for FIFA there aren't many visual customization options, but with the resolution maxed, rendering set to high, full screen, and no limit for frame rate, the game plays very smooth and fast with any camera angle. I do get some lag if it shows camera shots with just the crowd and during intros, but gameplay looks very smooth. I wish it had a benchmark feature in the demo.

What can you guys tell me based off this information? If there is anything else I can tell you, ask and I'll try to answer.

# 192 8KB24 @ 09/28/14 05:46 PM
Quote:
In the demo for FIFA there aren't many visual customization options, but with the resolution maxed, rendering set to high, full screen, and no limit for frame rate, the game plays very smooth and fast with any camera angle. I do get some lag if it shows camera shots with just the crowd and during intros, but gameplay looks very smooth. I wish it had a benchmark feature in the demo.

What can you guys tell me based off this information? If there is anything else I can tell you, ask and I'll try to answer.
What's your config and will you be doing roster updates for 2K15?

# 193 slimm44 @ 09/28/14 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
What's your config and will you be doing roster updates for 2K15?
Possibly. I just finished a 2015 and 1993 roster for Skoadam over at NLSC. Complete overhauls. I'm going on a missions trip in less than two weeks and I'm going to work on a 96 or 98 roster after that. Those are for 2k13, by the way. I like 13 more than 14. If my setup will run 2k15 and some editing tools are released, I will probably put in some work.

I don't want to tell you my specs yet. According to canirunit and game-debate, I shouldn't be able to run 13 or 14 and I can max those out with no problem at all.

# 194 8KB24 @ 09/28/14 05:59 PM
Quote:
Possibly. I just finished a 2015 and 1993 roster for Skoadam over at NLSC. Complete overhauls. I'm going on a missions trip in less than two weeks and I'm going to work on a 96 or 98 roster after that. Those are for 2k13, by the way. I like 13 more than 14. If my setup will run 2k15 and some editing tools are released, I will probably put in some work.

I don't want to tell you my specs yet. According to canirunit and game-debate, I shouldn't be able to run 13 or 14 and I can max those out with no problem at all.
Too bad. Your rosters were absolute best gameplay-wise.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri Go here and check NBA 2K15. If it says yes -- you're good to go. At least on lowest settings(like I will).

# 195 slimm44 @ 09/28/14 06:09 PM
Quote:
Too bad. Your rosters were absolute best gameplay-wise.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri Go here and check NBA 2K15. If it says yes -- you're good to go. At least on lowest settings(like I will).
That website tells me I can't run 2k13 or 14 at all. I max those out easily.

# 196 Nza @ 09/29/14 01:34 AM
Quote:
FIFA is more demanding. Check steam for req.
I have little faith in the accuracy of NBA's requirements - they are so vague. Listing DX11 and memory for a GPU requirement is a joke - it doesn't even mention which grade of GPU from a grunt perspective.

Plus it isn't like there is a standard way to determine sys requirements between developers. One may play it safer than another, one might phone it in *cough* 2K *cough* without putting much effort into really determining the requirements down to a specific CPU/GPU model level.

All in all it tells us nothing and isn't comparable to FIFA's.

# 197 LouAllDay @ 09/29/14 06:02 AM
I can run FIFA's demo smoothly, but with aliasing all over the place even with anti aliasing maxed out. Do you guys get that also? If so I don't know if it's a good test for 2K.

# 198 GravesFan9 @ 09/29/14 10:14 PM
I really don't know much about computer graphics cards, but would anyone be able to tell me how NBA 2k15 might play on my laptop?

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops...-series/y410p/

Processor
4th generation IntelŽ Core™ i7-4700MQ (2.40GHz 1600MHz 6MB)
Operating System
Windows 8.1 64
Display/Resolution
14.0" HD+ Glossy LED Backlit with integrated camera (1600x900)
Graphics
NVIDIAŽ GeForceŽ GT 755M 2GB
Memory
8GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz
Hard Disk Drive
1TB 5400 RPM

Would the game look as good as it would on an Xbox One/PS4, or close to as good? I would prefer to get it on PC because of modding, but if it is going to look crappy or skip frames then I would rather pick up a next-gen console. The games I've played look pretty solid. The FIFA 15 demo seems to play pretty well.

Thanks to anyone who is willing to help.

# 199 clipperfan811 @ 09/29/14 10:36 PM
I'm not as familiar with the laptop gpu's but a quick search tells me it should be able to run it on medium settings at a decent frame rate. So you may have to sacrifice somewhere like the crowd detail or anti-aliasing.

Again just based on a quick search I did, this is where I got my info from:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-755M

Towards the bottom there are a bunch of game comparison numbers for frame rates at different settings. Check it out and hopefully it'll help you make your choice.

# 200 CcSquare @ 10/15/14 10:39 PM
can AMD Radeon R5 graphics play pc 2k15? This is my laptop's name (HP - Pavilion 15.6" Laptop - AMD A8-Series - 6GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive ) Idk how to check how many MB of graphics card

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.