Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

One image, one voice...

I've talked to him over the phone, chatted with him on AOL Instant Messenger (yes we are both that old). Never saw the guy in my life, but I met him by surprise at 2K Sports headquarters 4 or 5 years ago. He didn't have to introduce himself. I heard his voice as he walked through and I shouted at him. BIG CZAR!

While most know him as Da_Czar, his real name is Nino Samuel.

I've worked with him in the background for years and watched all of his YouTube videos from start to finish. Posted many of them on OS for everyone to watch and learn from. We even host some of his videos here at OS.

Today, it was announced that he has joined the NBA 2K development team, full time. He will be working with the gameplay team and will focus on the offensive AI system.

Please show this man some love by congratulating him on his new job.

Hopefully, he has the time to chime in at OS, like he has done over the years. All the best Nino!

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 midwestking100 @ 08/24/14 01:47 PM
Ever since this announcement I have been so excited about the present and future of 2k basketball!!!!!. I have been waiting for this since 2k11.

# 182 bls @ 08/24/14 01:57 PM
I miss 2k11

# 183 midwestking100 @ 08/24/14 02:12 PM
Da_Czar is definitely going to bring realism to the table. #MustPreOrder

# 184 kirkangil @ 08/24/14 02:53 PM
Congratulations. Well deserved and good luck.

# 185 shegotgame @ 08/24/14 07:49 PM
This is fantastic news. Da_Czar, your videos have helped me so much over the years. With you on board, I'm even more excited about this game and games to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 186 TeeDogg @ 08/24/14 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Would be time consuming if it is in game but I would love it if they could probably divide by types of play call sets with multiple options. Basically your coach has a certain system you run for the majority. You should have the ability to learn the ins and outs of it that teaches you. They definitely needs an interactive plays trainer mode pertaining to not just using plays but how to attack the defense similar to what Madden introduced that teaches you how to run your team's offense.

Motion
Triangle
Horns
Princeton

The rest are like specific situatuions

Pick and roll, Pick and pops
Floppies
Post plays
Cutter
Out of bounds plays
Early Offense
would love to have some Czar tutorials in the game showing how plays are designed to run and options within the play sets. they have got use his voice in the game lol. All that's needed now is a few sageinfinite songs on the sound track and OS will have a guy n all the major facets of the game

# 187 Pared @ 08/24/14 08:47 PM
Bout damn time.

The OS heads have no idea what drives the "engine" behind 2k basketball... well, maybe some do.

Just realized - didn't even say it - CONGRATS Nino.

# 188 8and9 @ 08/24/14 08:47 PM
Woah, great news! Congrats Czar!

# 189 mercer99 @ 08/25/14 09:45 AM
Congrats to Da Czar's this will give us sim players the experience we have been looking for, now it's time to work on the defensive end of the court. it is still difficult playing def in this game, isn't it time to start incorporating more team specific defense.

# 190 RocketTMac1 @ 08/25/14 10:09 AM
Congrats to Big Uncle Czar. I have to say that this makes me smile from the inside out. I remember going online and finding this guy with this undeniable voice and passion for true sim basketball gaming. I was mesmerized by his attention to detail, coaching, humor and love for the game. I turned my friends on to him and they feel in love with the big homie as well. Czar makes me and my crew feel like there is hope in the world of gaming. And that our opinions matter and with hard work and the right amount of genuine respect anything is possible.

I'm going to sound so young but I grew up on Czar through highschool and undergrad. To me he is the voice of 2K basketball. I know I keep repeating myself but I'm so happy for him. And glad that 2K is bringing in such a basketball simulation dream team.

# 191 Painkiller1974 @ 08/25/14 10:52 AM
Leftos... Bedwardsroy... Da_Czar... hey hey wait 2K, you are taking away all the weapons of the resistance !!!

Anyway... congratulation

# 192 Bornindamecca @ 08/25/14 02:20 PM
Congrats, Big Fella. SimNation stand up.

And now I don't have to catch myself every time I almost say your real name

# 193 23 @ 08/25/14 02:29 PM
Born.. hit me up man.. pm or whatever

# 194 Magnus1959 @ 08/25/14 02:55 PM
The future looks great. Congrats man!

# 195 StankonYa @ 08/25/14 06:04 PM
Congratulations on your new gig Czar. Oct 7th can't get here fast enough.

# 196 vannwolfhawk @ 08/25/14 08:23 PM
Awesome! Glad he will be there full time! Congrats czar!

# 197 LD2k @ 08/25/14 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Awesome! Glad he will be there full time! Congrats czar!
You're going to love some things we're talking about soon.

# 198 23 @ 08/25/14 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
You're going to love some things we're talking about soon.
Soon as in 2k15 or 16?

# 199 TalenT @ 08/26/14 01:22 AM
Awesome sauce!! I'm late but this is GREAT news. Us sim-heads are ecstatic. I feel like I changed the way I played basketball games because of this guy (Don't play video games...play basketball!). Big ups and congrats Czar!

# 200 Whaaaazuuuuup @ 08/26/14 12:30 PM
lol....congrats bro!! Loooong over due!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.