Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

One image, one voice...

I've talked to him over the phone, chatted with him on AOL Instant Messenger (yes we are both that old). Never saw the guy in my life, but I met him by surprise at 2K Sports headquarters 4 or 5 years ago. He didn't have to introduce himself. I heard his voice as he walked through and I shouted at him. BIG CZAR!

While most know him as Da_Czar, his real name is Nino Samuel.

I've worked with him in the background for years and watched all of his YouTube videos from start to finish. Posted many of them on OS for everyone to watch and learn from. We even host some of his videos here at OS.

Today, it was announced that he has joined the NBA 2K development team, full time. He will be working with the gameplay team and will focus on the offensive AI system.

Please show this man some love by congratulating him on his new job.

Hopefully, he has the time to chime in at OS, like he has done over the years. All the best Nino!

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 blues rocker @ 08/22/14 09:46 PM
Oh...and I almost forgot to break out this gif that I only use for special occasions such as this.

# 102 23 @ 08/22/14 09:49 PM
Czar's glorious 240p breakdown of spacing

STILL relevant today

# 103 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/22/14 10:01 PM
"Part of offball movement is staying the hell out the way " lmfaoo so true

# 104 Da_Czar @ 08/22/14 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

One image, one voice...

I've talked to him over the phone, chatted with him on AOL Instant Messenger (yes we are both that old). Never saw the guy in my life, but I met him by surprise at 2K Sports headquarters 4 or 5 years ago. He didn't have to introduce himself. I heard his voice as he walked through and I shouted at him. BIG CZAR!

While most know him as Da_Czar, his real name is Nino Samuel.

I've worked with him in the background for years and watched all of his YouTube videos from start to finish. Posted many of them on OS for everyone to watch and learn from. We even host some of his videos here at OS.

Today, it was announced that he has joined the NBA 2K development team, full time. He will be working with the gameplay team and will focus on the offensive AI system.

Please show this man some love by congratulating him on his new job.

Hopefully, he has the time to chime in at OS, like he has done over the years. All the best Nino!
Wow. I really honestly don't really know what to say. Thanks to Big Steve for the gracious words. He didn't have to give yall the Gubment name tho did he

OS is like home for me man been coming here forever. I appreciate all the heartfelt thoughts and well wishes.

I want to genuinely thank every single person who ever watched a video, listened to a radio show, read a blog, critiqued, debated, loved or hated any of the work we put out. Your support has and will continue to mean a lot to me.

I want to thank Rob Jones without whom this would not be possible and definitely Big Steve who has always been one of my biggest supporters. Even when I branched out on my own he was right there with the power of OS behind me to help me launch new projects.

I also want to say thank you to the dedicated team of professionals that already work at 2k they had a championship level team before I stepped in the door. I just want to do all I can to move the needle towards a better more sim based product every year I get the opportunity to do so.

Shout out to all the Old heads round here that have supported me from day 1. Too many to mention but we been through a lot together.

Many don't know this but I almost quit several years ago and 23 talked me down from the ledge. I am ever so grateful he had the vision I lacked at that time.

Also to my DUDE Sage the Infinite who has been lacing me with custom tracks since day uno. Whenever I need that brother he has been willing and waiting.

Again I could go on for 1,000 words thanking each and every one of you but I digress. And I been around long enough to know the Love fest will be over come Oct 7th. LOL.

I have always and still do believe that the hardcore community is our best source of ideas and inspiration. No one puts as much time into the game as you do. I hope to continue to read and debate with you all on the best ways to bring about the ultimate simulation basketball experience. Just remember that Rome was not built in a day.

PS. Working with Mike and OG is dope as hell and as I mentioned the rest of this team are highly capable and motivated.

Thank you all again.

#SimNation

PS. Yall know without the support of Big Mamma a none of this would ever have happened. She sang, she ran the camera, she answered the phone, motivated me, watched the kids woke me up early to upload all nite renders. Simply put she is the bomb diggity and I could not pursue my dream without her support.

# 105 RipCityAndy @ 08/22/14 10:13 PM
Congrats, Czar. I loved the radio show and your YouTube videos. They kept me awake at work and on road trips more times than I can count.

Best of luck.

# 106 mosdef328 @ 08/22/14 10:21 PM
I've been a long time reader here and a huge 2K fan. Really happy for you and happy for the fans that will benefit from your knowledge and dedication.

# 107 23 @ 08/22/14 10:24 PM
The man has spoken!!

Im throwing an ode to him with his old stuff

If you weren't around for Sim Citi Sports you truly missed how special a time it was

# 108 thedream2k13 @ 08/22/14 10:25 PM
Czar twas the nite before 2k7

my all time fav lol

# 109 edubbs @ 08/22/14 10:33 PM
Congrats Czar!

# 110 King_B_Mack @ 08/22/14 10:38 PM
First of all, somebody needs to get on the ball and get that blue off Czar's name already hahaha.

And my dude 23 is like a dj from the '80s digging through crates of old records right now with the vids. Keep the hits coming man.

# 111 23 @ 08/22/14 10:52 PM
You never knew backdoor cuts were so interesting lol.... seriously

# 112 23 @ 08/22/14 10:55 PM
You remember when Czar and MC; momentousceltic worked together for the first time? How ironic huh?

# 113 Steve_OS @ 08/22/14 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
You remember when Czar and MC; momentousceltic worked together for the first time? How ironic huh?

That OLD SCHOOL OS logo... Wow.

Another nugget. Mike Wang (Beluba) created that.

# 114 Steve_OS @ 08/22/14 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Czar twas the nite before 2k7

my all time fav lol
I'm telling you right now, this video has 11,000 views. I bet half of them were mine. Watched and listened to it every day for weeks. Still bobbin' my head to lady Czar.

# 115 thedream2k13 @ 08/22/14 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
I'm telling you right now, this video has 11,000 views. I bet half of them were mine. Watched and listened to it every day for weeks. Still bobbin' my head to lady Czar.
I will be listening to it october sixth before I head to gamestop at midnight

# 116 canucksss @ 08/22/14 11:39 PM
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! Go now and work

# 117 Tybudd @ 08/22/14 11:42 PM
Congrats Czar on the real, but don't forget where you came from man, remember all the struggles and complaints of your followers, and make sure you speak for the experience we need and have been looking for.

Even though its you that is there getting this honor, I feel proud as if it was myself there to give my opinions, because I know, and feel that when you see what's wrong with the game you won't just smile and say yeah its good because you are happy to be there, you'll keep it real!!

# 118 TheBadazz @ 08/22/14 11:44 PM
Congrats now it gets real!!!

# 119 23 @ 08/22/14 11:47 PM
Just so you know this man knows his offense so you can take heart that he'll make it right

# 120 STLRams @ 08/22/14 11:56 PM
Congrats Czar, long, long overdue. I've been a member of OS since 2004, I remember when he started posting videos of 2K basketball breaking down offensive and defensive sets, spacing, pick and rolls, etc. I used to think to myself, either 2K is going to one day hire this guy or atleast get more of his input on things to approve upon in the game. Always have been a fan of his work and his videos and loved conversing with him about 2K basketball on this forum. I am now really curious now about 2K15 and the things he has been able to work on for NBA2K15.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.