Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Madden NFL is a series which has always been under the most intense of microscopes in the sports gaming community. It’s almost like Madden is a Kardashian, with its every move being dissected and broken apart on a level that would make any other sports game crumble.

Despite all of this, Madden does continually give a good and solid NFL experience most years, but is still flawed in one way or another. The past several years we have witnessed Madden fixing one set of problems, only to see a new batch arise from those fixes. I have long said football was a difficult sport to program for, and it certainly stands to reason that is the case. However, despite all of this, Madden sells extremely well and has seemed on the cusp of making it to the level of the elites in our genre for a couple of years — but it has ultimately been held back by something.

Madden NFL 15 is no different. On one hand, the game is a blast to play. On the other, it’s an, ahem, "maddening" experience.

Read More - Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1)

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 tsbmolina @ 08/22/14 04:45 PM
Wow 7.5 is not good.

# 2 Sublime12089 @ 08/22/14 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
Wow 7.5 is not good.
OS stretches ratings, so a 7.5 here isn't the equivalent to a 7.5 on like IGN.

# 3 RaychelSnr @ 08/22/14 04:49 PM
Quote:
Wow 7.5 is not good.
A 7.5 actually IS Good (almost great) on our scale. We don't grade things like college papers.

# 4 Mauer4MVP @ 08/22/14 04:50 PM
Quote:
Wow 7.5 is not good.
Not to me. I fully expect them to patch the QB stats issue, which would probably bump this up a full point, imo.

That is the only thing that has really turned off me to this point.

# 5 T5063 @ 08/22/14 04:50 PM
Thank you for mentioning the sim stats issue. It makes the game pretty much dead in the water for offline cfm players.

# 6 CubFan23 @ 08/22/14 04:51 PM
I could care less if he gave this a 10 or a 1. If it's fun for me that's all that matters. No review is gonna sway me either way

# 7 RaychelSnr @ 08/22/14 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
I could care less if he gave this a 10 or a 1. If it's fun for me that's all that matters. No review is gonna sway me either way
Smartest man in the room thus far

# 8 ps3veron @ 08/22/14 04:54 PM
A little lower than I thought but no real surprises I guess.

# 9 CM Hooe @ 08/22/14 04:54 PM
An even-handed review. Hopefully the simulated stats issues gets rectified soon.

# 10 troy184 @ 08/22/14 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
Thank you for mentioning the sim stats issue. It makes the game pretty much dead in the water for offline cfm players.
X 2. Well written review

# 11 Mauer4MVP @ 08/22/14 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23

# 12 SmashMan @ 08/22/14 04:56 PM
Quote:
Wow 7.5 is not good.
http://www.operationsports.com/MMChr...h-score-means/

OperationSports doesn't use the four-point 6-10 scale that other sites do.

# 13 CujoMatty @ 08/22/14 05:00 PM
I dont envy anyone that reviews madden. 7.5 is a really good score on OS and having seen many reviews of madden over the years if he would have rated it higher death threats might have ensued lol.

# 14 Armor and Sword @ 08/22/14 05:01 PM
Excellent review. I gotta believe we will get a comprehensive patch to address sim stats which are probably directly affecting QB progression.

I can see if that patch does indeed come through his review would be at least an 8. That and the wonky commentary on stat swipes brought the score down. Plus Chris does not like the new play call menu.

But gameplay wise this game looks like a feast for Madden fans!

Can't wait till Tuesday!

# 15 Scottsomnia @ 08/22/14 05:03 PM
Nice review . It's seems frustrating that on next gen the things that are an issue shouldn't be an issue at this point like stats and commentators saying things that are opposite of what you are seeing. That stuff just shouldn't happen. But it sounds like the gameplay will be fun.

# 16 bxphenom7 @ 08/22/14 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Smartest man in the room thus far
Not really. You liking something doesn't determine whether something is good or not. Quality is quality and mediocrity is mediocrity. There are always standards to be met. For example, you can like Alien: Colonial Marines, but if you're convinced that's a good game, you're flat out wrong. Liking and disliking comes down to tastes, and does not dictate quality. Same way you may not like The Last of Us, but for you to say it's a bad game is also flat out wrong. There are standards in the industry, in any entertainment industry, and as consumers we trust critics to uphold these standards in evaluating games/products.

# 17 sticks323 @ 08/22/14 05:09 PM
Very good and honest review 7.5 is good. The score could be higher with patches but 7.5 will have to do. Glad to hear about the playcalling problems, I haven't heard that yet. Hopefully they will patch things. The commentary has to be redone. Good to know Madden can still be fun but people will hate the game no matter what.

# 18 jmurphy31 @ 08/22/14 05:09 PM
Really good review. Hopefully EA addresses the issues bringing down CFM.

I havent read other reviews, but do the others mention the same CFm issues as well or do they overllok them

# 19 bxphenom7 @ 08/22/14 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Yeah, this was completely not needed. If it makes him happy, and he thinks it's good, that's all he needs.
I'm just saying. Anyone can buy what they want of course. But if reviewers and critics opinions don't matter, what's the point of even having them then? They're there to provide feedback relative to the standards of today so we don't feel burned by a bad game.

# 20 Mauer4MVP @ 08/22/14 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
Not really. You liking something doesn't determine whether something is good or not. Quality is quality and mediocrity is mediocrity. There are always standards to be met. For example, you can like Alien: Colonial Marines, but if you're convinced that's a good game, you're flat out wrong. Liking and disliking comes down to tastes, and does not dictate quality. Same way you may not like The Last of Us, but for you to say it's a bad game is also flat out wrong. There are standards in the industry, in any entertainment industry, and as consumers we trust critics to uphold these standards in evaluating games/products.
But to an individual, that is all that matters.

For example, Big Bang Theory is flat out horrible. But to an individual that likes the show, should it really matter to them what I think?

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.