Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

The Quarterback position is probably the most over-analyzed and argument inducing position in the history of sports. Yet, it's almost universally agreed upon that it's the most important position in athletics. Simply put, if you don't have a good QB, you can't win a Super Bowl. You may even be able to stretch that even further by saying you have to have a great QB to win a Super Bowl.

The likes of the Chiefs, Vikings, and the Bears have all had solid teams in the recent past without having a great QB to throw them over the edge. It isn't a coincidence that only one time in the last five years have we had a Super Bowl without one of Manning, Brady, or Rodgers. A good QB is the key to unlocking the door to that next level for any hopeful franchise. So take a look at the top ten rated QB's in Madden 15, and see where your team's Super Bowl prospects lay:

1. Peyton Manning (98 OVR): 99 AWR, 99 SA, 96 MTA, 88 DTA, 98 PA
2. Aaron Rodgers (98 OVR): 80 SPD, 93 AWR, STA 93, TOTR 88
3. Drew Brees (96 OVR): 98 AWR, 97 STA, 91 MTA
4. Russell Wilson (93 OVR): 86 SPD, 84 AWR, 91 PA
5. Tom Brady (93 OVR): 99 AWR, 94 STA, 93 TP
6. Phillip Rivers (92 OVR): 91 AWR, STA 93, 95 PA
7. Tony Romo (91 OVR): 89 AWR, STA 90, PA 90
8. Ben Roethlisberger (90 OVR): 93 AWR, 89 STA, 94 TOTR
9. Cam Newton (89 OVR): 86 SPD, 97 TP, TOTR 95
10. Colin Kaepernick (89 OVR): 88 SPD, AWR 75, TP 95

Most Overrated: Tony Romo (91)
Most Underrated: Andrew Luck (87 OVR)

What QB fits your style of play best in Madden NFL?

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Jakeness23 @ 08/23/14 03:25 PM
Most overrated is Wilson not Romo.

# 22 Sheba2011 @ 08/23/14 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by criscarter
The game has changed a lot since Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer won their Super Bowls.
It has and it hasn't. Both QB's won those Super Bowls because they had a dominate defense that produced lots of turnovers and the QB's themselves weren't asked to do much. That's exactly what Wilson and the Seahawks did last year. Compare all three QB's Super Bowl performance and look at what they defense did:

Trent Dilfer - 12/25, 153, 1 TD 0 INT's
BAL Defense - 5 turn overs, 1 TD

Brad Johnson - 18/34, 215, 2 TD's, 1 INT
TAM Defense - 5 turn overs, 3 TD's

Russel Wilson - 18/25, 206, 2 TD's, 0 INT's
SEA Defense - 4 turn overs, 1 TD.

Has the game really evolved that much? All three games were won because a dominant defense stopped a dominant offense.

# 23 Haze88 @ 08/23/14 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
The problem is the talent in Dallas has never been spread among the whole team, they have a few great players on each side of the ball and then a complete drop off for the rest of the team. Not to mention they haven't had an actual coach in a long time, what they have is yes men who Jerry can control like puppets. Dallas had nothing to do with the Pats losing in 2007 lol.
They have had good coaches, Bill Parcells and Sean Payton among others have been on their staff but Jerry is way to hands-on with the football operations, but they still should have managed more than 1 playoff win under Romo if he's that good. Peyton, Brady, and Brees do more with less yearly. They beat NY and we don't see them in that SB

# 24 Haze88 @ 08/23/14 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by criscarter
The game has changed a lot since Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer won their Super Bowls.
Not really. Compare Seattle to the Baltimore and Tampa Bay teams and there are a lot of similarities. Dominant D, strong run game, no pressure on the QB to win games. The only difference is offense is encouraged though rules changes but the better defense still wins yearly
Edit:Sorry for the double post, used the wrong quote features

# 25 Sheba2011 @ 08/23/14 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze88
They have had good coaches, Bill Parcells and Sean Payton among others have been on their staff but Jerry is way to hands-on with the football operations, but they still should have managed more than 1 playoff win under Romo if he's that good. Peyton, Brady, and Brees do more with less yearly. They beat NY and we don't see them in that SB
Bill Parcells and Sean Payton last seasons in Dallas were 2006 and 2005 respectively. Tony Romo didn't become the teams full time starter until 2007 (played 10 games in 2006). He has had Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett as his head coaches. Neither of those guys will ever be confused with Sean Payton, Bill Belichick, Bill Walsh or Joe Gibbs.

Peyton, Brady and Brees are surrounded by talent at just about every position on the field, they all have had top offensive lines for most of their careers. Put Romo on any one of those teams and he has a couple rings by now. We have seen Drew Brees on mediocre teams in San Diego and the result was not pretty. Amazing what happened once he was surrounded with talent.

# 26 bc21045 @ 08/23/14 04:07 PM
Quote:
Not really. Compare Seattle to the Baltimore and Tampa Bay teams and there are a lot of similarities. Dominant D, strong run game, no pressure on the QB to win games. The only difference is offense is encouraged though rules changes but the better defense still wins yearly
Edit:Sorry for the double post, used the wrong quote features
5 out of the last 10 super bowl winners had defenses that ranked outside the top 10 in scoring: Bal (12), Giants (25), Saints (20), Giants (17), Colts (23)

# 27 bc21045 @ 08/23/14 04:14 PM
Quote:
Bill Parcells and Sean Payton last seasons in Dallas were 2006 and 2005 respectively. Tony Romo didn't become the teams full time starter until 2007 (played 10 games in 2006). He has had Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett as his head coaches. Neither of those guys will ever be confused with Sean Payton, Bill Belichick, Bill Walsh or Joe Gibbs.

Peyton, Brady and Brees are surrounded by talent at just about every position on the field, they all have had top offensive lines for most of their careers. Put Romo on any one of those teams and he has a couple rings by now. We have seen Drew Brees on mediocre teams in San Diego and the result was not pretty. Amazing what happened once he was surrounded with talent.
Chargers had the 11th ranked defense in 2004 and 13th in 2005 with a couple hall of famers in Tomlinson and Gates around Brees, maybe he just wasn't ready.

# 28 Find_the_Door @ 08/23/14 04:36 PM
How is Romo overrated when his throw on the run is already criminally underrated at 82?

http://youtu.be/-NMI-iGlkW4

Should be at least a 90. How on Earth could you list Tony (who does way more for his team than most on this list) as most overrated instead of Wilson...... You must be kidding.

# 29 Potatoes002 @ 08/23/14 05:30 PM
While I agree Russell Wilson's OVR is too high, I still think his individual ratings are accurate. Wilson is easily one of the quickest, most elusive QB's in the league and has a great arm. Setting up the Play Action is also one major strength of Wilson's.

Same OVR as Tom Brady? I don't think he should be, Brady is the better quarterback. EA just sets up their rating scale in a weird way and it needs to be stretched out more.

# 30 Haze88 @ 08/23/14 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc21045
5 out of the last 10 super bowl winners had defenses that ranked outside the top 10 in scoring: Bal (12), Giants (25), Saints (20), Giants (17), Colts (23)
Aside from Baltimore and Indy, I'm pretty sure the better D won, Pats were last that year vs the Giants in 2011 and struggling down the stretch in 07, Colts D is usually poor vs Saints, look up the D for both squads and tell me whose was better?

Quote:

Peyton I'll give you, Brady had one full year, no injuries, with a true number 1 guy in Randy Moss and we see how that went. I would say Troy Brown, David Patten, David Givens, Deion Branch, Reche Caldwell, pre Brady/Manning Welker, Julian Edelman, 3 rookies and mediocre run games aside from corey Dillon's last few seasons are exactly star talent. Brees' number one guy is a slow 7th round pick in Colston, Lance Moore and Pierre Thomas who both undrafted if I'm not mistaken, a basketball player and no real running back to speak of. I would say those San Diego teams had more pure talent with LT, Sproles and Turner and Antonio Gates and some killer defenses before he blew out his shoulder. Romo's teams tend to have more pure talent around them
then Brady and Brees but the later make their teams a lot better than Romo.

# 31 carnalnirvana @ 08/23/14 06:30 PM
i dont think russel is top 10, but they are the champs so they are going to get a bump ..

romo i think can be a 90+....

i think his problem is the coaching, if they ever hire a coach that tells the diva's the cowboys are known for the be quiet and play team ball romo will shine and win.

jerry jones, the drama and weak coaches is responsible for the boys always collapsing down the streach...

# 32 bc21045 @ 08/23/14 06:39 PM
Quote:
Aside from Baltimore and Indy, I'm pretty sure the better D won, Pats were last that year vs the Giants in 2011 and struggling down the stretch in 07, Colts D is usually poor vs Saints, look up the D for both squads and tell me whose was better?

Peyton I'll give you, Brady had one full year, no injuries, with a true number 1 guy in Randy Moss and we see how that went. I would say Troy Brown, David Patten, David Givens, Deion Branch, Reche Caldwell, pre Brady/Manning Welker, Julian Edelman, 3 rookies and mediocre run games aside from corey Dillon's last few seasons are exactly star talent. Brees' number one guy is a slow 7th round pick in Colston, Lance Moore and Pierre Thomas who both undrafted if I'm not mistaken, a basketball player and no real running back to speak of. I would say those San Diego teams had more pure talent with LT, Sproles and Turner and Antonio Gates and some killer defenses before he blew out his shoulder. Romo's teams tend to have more pure talent around them
then Brady and Brees but the later make their teams a lot better than Romo.
In 2011 Patriots were 15th to the Giants 25th. Colts were 8th to the Saints 20th. 2007 Patriots were 4th to the Giants 17th and the Bears were 3rd to the Colts 23rd. Not that it matters, if your point is that top defenses win you can't limit that to just who had the better defense of the two super bowl teams.

# 33 bballshawn24 @ 08/24/14 01:25 AM
Wow. people have no idea how good matt ryan is. he is 2x better than Russell wilson.

# 34 pjburrage @ 08/24/14 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
While I agree Russell Wilson's OVR is too high, I still think his individual ratings are accurate. Wilson is easily one of the quickest, most elusive QB's in the league and has a great arm. Setting up the Play Action is also one major strength of Wilson's.

Same OVR as Tom Brady? I don't think he should be, Brady is the better quarterback. EA just sets up their rating scale in a weird way and it needs to be stretched out more.
This is the pinnacle of the matter. Obviously the overalls are determined by a formula of the various attributes, and schemes will play into the weighting on each attribute. Brady will probably be rated higher as a Pocket Passer than Wilson is. These straight up lists of top 10 position players are probably obsolete with the various schemes. Maybe the list would be better with say list of top 10 Pocket Passers or Mobile QBs

# 35 Zac @ 08/24/14 03:02 AM
OVR doesn't mean jack squat. Never has, never will.

# 36 BleedGreen710 @ 08/24/14 03:03 AM
romo only on there cause no clutch rating

# 37 Sheba2011 @ 08/24/14 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc21045
Which would also mean 5 of out of the last 10 had defenses that were ranked in the top 10?

# 38 Jershy88 @ 08/24/14 05:30 AM
Tony Romo being the most overrated at 91 overall is the most preposterous thing I've seen from these updates in a long time. Being an UDFA you'd think he'd get some love universally, but I guess it's not the case. Even being bias as a cowboy fan I can say that he's top 10 QB in the NFL. 91 ovr is not a stretch by any means, check out the stats bro.

# 39 tru11 @ 08/24/14 06:09 AM
meh the rating dude has manziel down as a better QB then flacco accuracy wise.

you cant really take this joke of a person serious.

# 40 bc21045 @ 08/24/14 09:07 AM
Quote:
Which would also mean 5 of out of the last 10 had defenses that were ranked in the top 10?
Yes, which makes the statement that the better defense wins yearly inaccurate.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.