Home
NHL 15 News Post

This week, we were dropped with a bombshell that several key modes were going to be missing from the new-generation NHL 15 experience this year.

What were your reactions to the news, and can NHL recover from this to deliver a successful product this year?

Read More - The News of Missing Modes in NHL 15 (Roundtable)

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 snc237 @ 08/23/14 02:03 PM
Well saying it's madden 06 on the 360 level of bad I think is pushing it. Madden 06 derailed the series until madden 13 if you ask me. I am still buying NHL but I am hurt that eashl was cut. They said they had 12 months to work on it yet last year before 14 came out they were asked if it will be on next gen and they said no we are using the extra time to make next years title. They surely had to be working on NHL game well before this time last year.
If nhl gets the AI up to par and the game does play better I can wait one year for my modes to return. However if the AI plays mostly like it has the last 3 years when all the modes require the AI to do something, well it's going to be a long frustrating year for everyone.
P.S. EA promised feature parity between sports franchise last year... Was nhl not included because they were not a lunch title? Makes no sense (I do not blame the devs for modes missing)

# 2 bgucci38 @ 08/23/14 02:35 PM
all i can say is.. what a disappointment. the hardcore reside in EASHL and GMC, iMO the fact that the the devs and suits are going on "numbers and percentages" is bad news for the future of this franchise.
I cant see anyone playing long into the summer other than the HUT guys. ive been involved in 2 different leagues that have played almost 20 seasons of hockey spanned over 2 years of this franchise and the entire community has been completely destroyed after this news. Most of us are switching over to madden connected careers. the sad part about is, we stuck through this sorry franchise despite its flaws.
the hardcore community has been crushed. thats coming from the perspective of playing in some of the most dedicated GMC leagues ive been. there are HUGE communities of EASHL players (100s of people) that i predict that could be doing the same (moving to different franchises).
The blatant disregard for the community and its core gamer is disgusting. Is this how you treat you most loyal fans EA? the replay ability of this game is going to kill this franchise. with only one mode being online, and a promise to bring OTP. after all this you expect us to trust that you will bring that to this platform? give me a break. Rammers quote of "proof is in the delivery" give me a break. you have destroyed the trust of the community and its hardcore gamer. All this franchise is now is a money grab. when you make a game soley based around HUT you send disgusting message to your fans.
i guarantee that hut will have all these new features and weeks and week of time dedicated to it. Then leave offline gm mode will be even more of a disappointment than it was last year. The future of this franchise is grim, untill is see a new development team, i refuse to believe otherwise.

# 3 FBeaule04 @ 08/23/14 02:44 PM
"The more AI players that are on the ice, the less enjoyable EA's NHL games have traditionally been. Removing the three modes (GM Connected, EASHL, OTP) where gamers could replace the series' bumbling AI with real people will severely limit NHL 15's potential fun factor. "

Exactly what I'm thinking about the NHL Series. I took a step back lat year not playing NHL 14 because I was so annoyed of the AI. Online you have people acting like idiots but it's real people, they do this on purpose. AI on the other end, playing like idiots, are programmed to act that way and I couldn't stand it anymore.

At least with EASHL and OTP, you had a chance to get away from one type of problems to have another type of problems in the game. This year it's just like : "Trust us and play offline only, you'll have fun". Sorry EA, trust is something you've been playing with for too long, enough is enough. When I see a guy promoting Be a Pro and for the last 3 years, they are just unable to fix the problem of changing as a D-man in OTP, I'm just laughing out loud at their promises. That's just show me they don't care. Anyway, I'm taking everything EA say like it's coming from politicians. It might be true, but I don't trust you.

For me, it's plain and simple with the NHL Series. I've bought the game for a long time without even asking questions. For the years to come, it's the opposite. Absolutely not buying until they show they deserve my money.

# 4 PensDynasty87 @ 08/23/14 02:48 PM
Personally I wouldn't have minded that the fact they took out eashl or gm connected mostly cuz I don't play those modes but the fact that they took th out with no changes to other modes like BEAGM kinda upsets me. BEAGM offline n the former live your life modes could be great if they just took the time and listened to the fans of the series. But I do agree about the A.I not being any diff the past 3 or so years. This series has a lot of potential to me n other hardcore offline gamers but there's no money for them in that is there.

# 5 Cavani161 @ 08/23/14 02:55 PM
When I saw the first trailer for NHL 15 for XB1/PS4, I couldn't wait to see what other news was coming out about this game, as I was going to pick this up, but after the recent news, I won't be buying this game unless the reviews talk about the game play being so great that you need to pick it up and play it. I typically only have a handful of games that I play, so I'm able to spend a lot of time with them, this means my expectation of what I want them to deliver needs to be met. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case here with NHL 15, as 5 game modes are missing. As someone who got rid of their PS3 and bought a PS4, I wanted not only the prettier graphics, but the modes from games on the previous systems as well, and there wasn't even an NHL game that came out for these two systems last year. I need to justify spending $60 on a game, feeling like I got my moneys worth, maybe next year.

# 6 Dazraz @ 08/23/14 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalbeast08
will season mode be in nhl 15? thats what i play the most.
Judging from EA's Official release of NHL 15 Game Modes it appears Season Mode has been omitted from both Console Generations.

# 7 Imprisoned @ 08/23/14 03:53 PM
I played EASHL 90% of the time, without club I have no reason to buy the game this year. I didn't drop a grand on a new PS4/XB1 so I could buy new games for 360/PS3 still. I don't care for OTP for the simple fact I only want my friends on my team. People play and act stupid in OTP.

On the bright side the NHL team saved me around 110 bucks this year on not buying the game including the 50 I would have spend on my pro.

EDIT: If I can get this game for 20 to 25 bucks on black friday I may get it, but no chance I pay full 60.

# 8 ChitownFan526 @ 08/23/14 05:14 PM
I found the news troubling because consumers were told that a major benefit of not releasing on the new systems was an opportunity to learn from FIFA and Madden about certain challenges with the new console. So the FIFA team can manage to bring potentially 22 players into a game, but NHL doesn't have the ability to bring in 12? I don't know the first thing about game development, but that strikes me as really odd. I agree with the comment in the roundtable that perhaps a reason that the mode was held out was to figure out a way to monetize it more effectively. If in fact it was technology issues that caused this to happen...then whomever coordinates communication and resources between NHL and other EA Sports games should be updating their resume.

# 9 stooge 1010 @ 08/23/14 05:38 PM
If there is no season mode, what is the point of having chl and all other leagues if no season mode, makes no sense to me.

# 10 EliJ27 @ 08/23/14 05:39 PM
I just dont get the whole "with the new systems we can do so much more" speech and then they leave a whole bunch of things out, it makes no sense at all,

# 11 stooge 1010 @ 08/23/14 05:54 PM
I really thought that this game was going to blow away madden this year, but now with everything missing (modes) I don't know.

# 12 Vikes1 @ 08/23/14 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
People complain all day about how gameplay needs to be first priority.

Then when NHL makes it number one, people complain about the game modes taken out in order to focus on gameplay.

Video games don;t just spring out of the ground, humans, who make mistakes, develop them. You really have to understand how the video game works on a whole, (marketing, time of development, etc.) to be able to appreciate the experience and work on a whole.

People tend to think that sine EA has "all that money" they should be able to do anything. It's not the cae, and as long as people live in this small bubble of what THEY think the game should be, andfully understand what is possible, they will never find happiness.
Imo Duke, i think you make some good points here. I´m sure hoping some truly nice strides have been made to at least help ease some of the disappointment of many.

# 13 onac22 @ 08/23/14 06:33 PM
EA sports is just a corporation. The devs did what they could but in the end the profit for corporation comes first. Developing a hockey game with full 11 player interaction wasn't first. HUT was first,it makes money. Which leads into earlier posts that EA is just trying to figure out a way to make more money, like a subscription for things like EASHL. It is becoming more and more apparent that the devs have little to no control over anything, other than coding. Some guy in a suit probably stands behind them tells themwhat he thinks is cool and makes them do it.

# 14 Frost o9 @ 08/23/14 07:20 PM
People say HUT is the money maker which it obviously is... but why do they have EASHL/OTP on last-gen consoles? The gameplay in NHL 15 on last/next gen will be the same too. Doesn't make sense.

# 15 BearishRiggs @ 08/23/14 08:10 PM
It amazes me that with the lack of a huge online component, they still can't be bothered to deliver an offline experience similar to MyLeague in NBA 2k15. Fully customizable GM mode.

It bothers me to NO END that EA doesn't let us edit anything outside of the main menu. Why can't I update players, prospects, draft pools, etc. etc. in the middle of a GM mode? Especially with how crappy EA's ratings, especially for the prospects, are sometimes?

The NHL View stuff is a great workaround, and I have my own customized set of rosters, but after a couple years into a GM I see oddities popping up and I just wish I could edit those things on the fly instead of having a save ruined.

# 16 ManiacMatt1782 @ 08/23/14 08:25 PM
Be a gm (franchise mode) is in next gen. Online gm connected was removed.

# 17 Cavani161 @ 08/23/14 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
People complain all day about how gameplay needs to be first priority.

Then when NHL makes it number one, people complain about the game modes taken out in order to focus on gameplay.

Video games don;t just spring out of the ground, humans, who make mistakes, develop them. You really have to understand how the video game works on a whole, (marketing, time of development, etc.) to be able to appreciate the experience and work on a whole.

People tend to think that sine EA has "all that money" they should be able to do anything. It's not the cae, and as long as people live in this small bubble of what THEY think the game should be, andfully understand what is possible, they will never find happiness.
EA told fans their launch sports lineup would see feature parity between previous and next-gen consoles.

# 18 half-fast @ 08/23/14 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Be a gm (franchise mode) is in next gen. Online gm connected was removed.
Yes, youre correct, but Rammer said "The core of Be a GM is there' which really frightens me. I fear it'll be a stripped down version of Be a GM. The gameplay will have to be absolutely amazing for me to see past a watered down Be a GM.

# 19 headzapp @ 08/24/14 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grallis
Yes, youre correct, but Rammer said "The core of Be a GM is there' which really frightens me. I fear it'll be a stripped down version of Be a GM. The gameplay will have to be absolutely amazing for me to see past a watered down Be a GM.
That scare me too. I mostly play be a gm and we don't know what's missing at first. So should I wait until it's patched and hopefully cheaper, or just get it and experience the game play until it's fixed. Then again Battlefield was broken, and I still have to go to test range for a second and back out before I can go online. I did skip 14, because I got a ps4, and I figured 13 was good enough. I'll probably get it day one.
Thinking about it they lost money two years in a row with not putting out a ps4 version last year. I didn't get 14 and how man others didn't just to wait for the ps4 version? Now this a lot say they are skipping for some modes not being in.

# 20 ram4x4marc @ 08/24/14 02:35 PM
Definitely was super disappointed when i heard rumors and found out the truth that EASHL was left out, I'm still going to buy the game based on versus online mode and I guess I'll end up playing season mode. The game itself is going to be awesome like all the previous years and as long as the online servers are working and minimum lag, I'll still be more than happy. I guess the way i see it, would you rather have a rushed, inoperable EASHL/team play or would you rather have them perfect it? I mean, how many games come out and flat our suck and disappoint. The lack of mode disappoints but the game will be great

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.