Home
NHL 15 News Post

The NHL 15 demo is available now on Xbox Live for Xbox One users. PlayStation 4 users can expect the demo tomorrow afternoon when the PSN Store updates with new titles.

UPDATE: The NHL 15 demo is now available for PlayStation 4 users. If you can't find it, click this link.

Some have had luck going to "New Demos" all the way over to the right. Games>New>Demos>New Demos (all the way over to the right) and grab the NHL 15 demo. Thanks @TheFlopfish)

The demo weighs in at 2.58 GB. Here are the details.
  • New York Rangers vs. Los Angeles Kings
  • Full game with three two-minute periods
  • Play in Madison Square Garden or Staples Center
  • Gameplay Camera Angles: Dynamic Low, Dynamic Medium, and Dynamic High
  • Practice Mode: Master the Superstar Skill Stick with a free skate against a goalie
  • Difficulty Settings: Rookie, Pro, All-Star
If you can't find it, try searching for it with Bing.

Play a few games and let us know what you think of this year's NHL title on Xbox One!

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bwiggy33 @ 08/25/14 09:50 PM
Would anyone be willing to comment on whether easy offensive zone entry is still in the game?

# 22 tpblue @ 08/25/14 09:54 PM
Gameplay= good
Graphics= great
Skill stick= garbage
Thought the skill stick was supposed to give us total control instead it gives you zero control. Can't even do a simple forehand backhand. Now this combined with one touch dekes the game controls you. Oh and for the guy who said he couldn't score a goal just slap shot from anywhere and you should get 3 or 4 per 2 min period.

# 23 havoc00 @ 08/25/14 09:54 PM
feels like 14, but different in areas if that makes sense? great graphics and presentation

# 24 pm83 @ 08/25/14 09:55 PM
Any chance someone could post a video playing the demo with sim-style? No replay skipping etc. That would be great!

# 25 jayman504 @ 08/25/14 09:56 PM
you can play with the True Broadcast camera in the demo...controls feel a lil tight...maybe not using to dangling with the xbox1 controller...other from that the CPU plays pretty smart on d. you cant just get to where you wanna go..they'll bump you and poke check it off you

# 26 tpblue @ 08/25/14 09:57 PM
Oh yeah and on a positive note the A.I does actually play a lot better.
Still glad I cancelled my pre-order though. Will see if they can improve the stick control with a patch or something in future.

# 27 Lubey @ 08/25/14 10:00 PM
Is it just me or is shooting a bit ridiculous? Everything is at the speed of light.

# 28 bigwill33 @ 08/25/14 10:00 PM
Bwiggy, It is. You can skate up the boards over the line every time again.

I found my backhand goal is money again. I can score during practice with Kopitar every time already. Even carry out from the corner boards and go far side on the goal line on Lundqvist every single time. Went 15/15 on it.

But I'll save full impressions for late tonight. There is lots of positives so far and some negatives. And a lot of the same with the goalies, which isn't good.

# 29 Arrowhead21 @ 08/25/14 10:06 PM
I mean come on, everyone could tell even by the EA-released gameplay videos that the goalies were essentially ported from the last game

# 30 Mikey88 @ 08/25/14 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33

I found my backhand goal is money again. I can score during practice with Kopitar every time already. Even carry out from the corner boards and go far side on the goal line on Lundqvist every single time. Went 15/15 on it.

But I'll save full impressions for late tonight. There is lots of positives so far and some negatives. And a lot of the same with the goalies, which isn't good.
Yeah the D seems tighter in the D zone but were still able to skate thru the neutral zone with ease. Hits are over the top even on all star / hardcore. And agreed on shots - too many rocket wristers.

# 31 bwiggy33 @ 08/25/14 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33

Thanks for the response. That was my fear but I expected as much anyway. I just went from looking forward to trying the demo tomorrow to probably just playing Madden when I get home from work and downloading the demo some other time. It is a little encouraging hearing the D pressure is bumped up a bit though. Still I am about 90% sure this will be the second straight year I won't buy NHL. It's sad that not even the sport of hockey can even sell me this game or make me bite the bullet and buy it.

# 32 bigwill33 @ 08/25/14 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Thanks for the response. That was my fear but I expected as much anyway. I just went from looking forward to trying the demo tomorrow to probably just playing Madden when I get home from work and downloading the demo some other time. It is a little encouraging hearing the D pressure is bumped up a bit though. Still I am about 90% sure this will be the second straight year I won't buy NHL. It's sad that not even the sport of hockey can even sell me this game or make me bite the bullet and buy it.
It's definitely worth trying it out. It's a little looser and clunkier, in a good way. With decent sliders might get a good offline game. I'm taking diligent notes for my write up though. Trying to list all positives and negatives for my "review".

But overall, I'm just liking that I'm playing a new hockey game at the moment. The 2min periods are killer. No setup time. And I'm a big cycler and work the zone guy.

# 33 CavsFanSteve @ 08/25/14 10:24 PM
Wow. This game is actually really good. Then again, I haven't played since NHL 11

# 34 jwkennedy @ 08/25/14 10:29 PM
Not complaining, great game, but unlucky game. Up 1-0 going into to last 60 seconds. Rangers score a legit goal with 58 seconds left. Then with 10 seconds left a Rangers player shoots a weak shot, Quick saves, but then a Rangers player is there to put the puck in the one spot where Quick isn't. Great game, lots of potential. No matter what, it will be in my house September 9th

# 35 csamuelsvt @ 08/25/14 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkennedy
Not complaining, great game, but unlucky game. Up 1-0 going into to last 60 seconds. Rangers score a legit goal with 58 seconds left. Then with 10 seconds left a Rangers player shoots a weak shot, Quick saves, but then a Rangers player is there to put the puck in the one spot where Quick isn't. Great game, lots of potential. No matter what, it will be in my house September 9th
Did doc scream scoressssssssssssss!!??

# 36 Sparkles @ 08/25/14 10:41 PM
Is the gameplay good enough to make me buy an xbox one and NHL 15??? Really pissed that eashl isn't in (wanted to play with my buddies)

# 37 centauris @ 08/25/14 10:42 PM
the right stick control when you have the puck seems sluggish and weird. can you even stick handle with the right stick?

# 38 CubFan23 @ 08/25/14 10:43 PM

# 39 Bowinkle08 @ 08/25/14 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead21
PS4 users getting owned again lol
ps4 getting it 2morrow. OAN: im thoroughly enjoying the demo. ive never played an ea nhl title and i dont avidly watch hockey. gameplay is smooth and graphics look good.

# 40 bad_philanthropy @ 08/25/14 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
Good footage, but I think I lost brain cells listening to that guy's attempt at speaking.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.