Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Madden NFL 15 is now available in stores. Be sure to read our review if you haven't gotten the game. If you have, leave your own impressions of your first play sessions in the comments below!

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Hunkerdown @ 08/26/14 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Two only complains.

QB a tad to accurate
CPU taking sacks

The rest is really good
Slider adjustments

# 82 jmurphy31 @ 08/26/14 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
This might sound crazy to some, but the new playcall screen is completely ruining this game for me. The constant drop down of the menue when switching formations and the layout is so brutal that it makes it really tough to call plays especially only having 10 seconds when on D.

I really wish the old playcall screen was available because the new one is beyond terrible IMO for people that call plays by formation.
I'm not a fan either. I wish you could just select which way you want choose plays as default (community, formation, ect). Then if you want to switch hit B at the play call window.

I also don't like how it automatically just returns you to the play call window. It should bring you back to the formation page after each play.

# 83 Shaffer26 @ 08/26/14 01:18 PM
I have been a Madden ***** for the last few years, but in my limited time with the game they may have shut me up. Seriously, I was so hesitant to buy this game, but after about 10 minutes of actual play time, I have fallen in love. Madden is back!

# 84 Motown @ 08/26/14 01:19 PM
FINALLY a NG Madden, This game is incredible!!! GFX are insane! Gameplay is great & smooth as silk(PS4 digital)
Presentation: Absolutely love the fade to black TOs & the injury TOs.Commercials comin' back from TOs & Halftime are a nice addition as well. Playing on slow speed, & threshhold @ 0 is perfect. This is the BEST football game I've ever played...bar none. Kudos EA Sports

# 85 MikeGiani @ 08/26/14 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mttwlsn16
How long of quarters do you all use? I started at 7, but think I'm gonna bump it to 10
I did 8 minutes with 20 second clock, but this wasn't enough. What's the right amount of time for an accurate amount of plays??

# 86 reyes the roof @ 08/26/14 01:24 PM
I'm also having a difficult time with the playcall screen. I wish there was a way to import created playbooks from the previous year because it seems like such a hassle navigating through the menu. Also, I don't know if maybe they just have every coach wear this, but it was awesome seeing Mark Trestman with a long sleeve shirt under his polo.

# 87 B1MM3R @ 08/26/14 01:30 PM
Best football game Iv'e ever played. Once they fix the sim stats then it will be nearly perfect. Love how I'm not guaranteed to beat the CPU now. Love it on the xbox one. However I played it on a friends 360 and last gen is so similar to Madden 25 unfortunately.

# 88 Junior Moe @ 08/26/14 01:39 PM
After 4 days with the game and being able to put it down and pick it back up, I have to say that Madden 15 is great. I have not ventured into CFM or anything yet. But I have been playing 6 minute games on pro difficulty and I have been having a blast! I love how challenging the defense is without feeling cheated. I have averaged about 3 picks a game...and they were all on me because I made the wrong read or passed too late. I love it. There are some glitches, like when the offensive player gets stuck in an "engage blocker" stance, but that's about it for me so far. I scored a touchdown in the corner of the endzone and it was wonderful to see the photographers scatter out the way. It was great. The legacy issues still exist and we all know what the deal is. But I have faith in the team who made this wonderful iteration of Madden. Kudos EA Sports!!

# 89 Skyboxer @ 08/26/14 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Exactly what i do, slow speed, and speed threshold at 0. Perfect combo.
same here...

# 90 CarryTheWeight @ 08/26/14 01:41 PM
The game feels different to me, which is something I haven't been able to say since '10. Of course, the novelty may wear off in a few weeks but my first few games definitely had a feeling that was missing in years past.

EJ Manuel can not throw the long ball. Period. Nearly all of my attempted deep throws were batted down or intercepted --- even if my receivers had separation. In fact, the Bills offense looked as incompetent as they did in their preseason game against Tampa last Saturday. As soon as the long ball was taken away, I stuck with short/mid-range passes and let the receivers do most of the work. Defensive gameplay is pretty fun, though the player lock camera tends to spaz out at times, leading me to lose sight of the ballcarrier. Ended up winning the game 37-34 on a last-second Dan Carpenter field goal.

It's not perfect. Not by a longshot. However, screenshots and videos don't really do it much justice. You kind of have to play a game yourself to see how much has changed. Great attention to detail, which is something I've never really said about the Madden series since...yes, Madden 10.

A few really small observations that don't deserve their own thread:

-The public address announcer HAS to go and is long overdue for a replacement. The disc space is there. "#12's pass falls incomplete...intended for #80" sounds awful in contrast to the other game audio.

-Similarly, penalty announcements should be more specific. PS2/Xbox/Gamecube Maddens had the official announce the penalized player's uniform number, so it's strange why it's been omitted.

-The new scanned faces look extremely impressive. Unscanned/generic players seemed to receive new face models as well, they're just not as accurate. Hopefully many more will be included in M16.

-As a presentation guy and someone who works on real-life sports broadcasts, the new presentation is the best this series ever had. It's rough in some places, but the camera angles, replays, lower thirds and "game tracking" the commentators do (similar to NCAA) is all very cool. I just wish the lower thirds stayed on screen for longer than they do, though they're probably short because most people button through them anyway.

-Commentary, for all the hate it gets, is much better than M13 and M25. Say what you will about Phil Simms --- he rambles exactly like he does on CBS. Repeated lines, at least in the two full games I played, were not as big a problem as they were. I really love the addition of more player names and "stitched" commentary.

-Simms and Nantz had at least 4 different conversations about Reggie Bush in the game I played. They even praised Andrew Luck's rushing ability when he scored a rushing touchdown (instead of the generic one or two lines of commentary they had in past years about star players).

-Presentation showcases players who are performing well but it's few and far between. They commented on Sammy Watkins being "an important part of the offense early on" while showing his receiving stats. On the other hand, EA seemed to remove cutaways to a player who just made a big play coming to the line in favor of the quarterback 100% of the time (unless I just haven't seen it).

-No huddle and chew clock options in the playcalling menu. Enough said. It's a great way to realistically run an up-tempo offense like the Eagles, Bills or the new Giants scheme. I also love the variety in presentational cutaways you receive if you run the no huddle. I once saw Doug Marrone whipping his arm around on the sidelines as his team was approaching the line. Nice touch.

-Halftime Show is very well done. much better than I was expecting and certainly better than the E3 videos. It isn't exactly Damon Bruce, but Ridley has a lot of player names and things to say. I just wish they could have extended it to post-game as well.

Those are my initial impressions with less than a day of gameplay. Will report any more interesting things that I find.

# 91 SilentYetViolent @ 08/26/14 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
This might sound crazy to some, but the new playcall screen is completely ruining this game for me. The constant drop down of the menue when switching formations and the layout is so brutal that it makes it really tough to call plays especially only having 10 seconds when on D.

I really wish the old playcall screen was available because the new one is beyond terrible IMO for people that call plays by formation.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I don't understand why they scratched the M25 play screen for this one? I hate having to back out of the I-Form plays just to select a different run inside the Strong. I'm trying to adjust to this screen but this was a bad choice IMO.

# 92 jdareal21 @ 08/26/14 01:47 PM
This game is awesome, bottomline. In my little pantheon of Madden gameplay, this is easily at the top, of my Top 5:

1) Madden 15
2) Madden 2004
3) Madden 10
4) Madden '92 (Yeah, I go back that far )
5) 2-way tie () Madden 25 (Last gen) & Madden 2005

Of course there's little things here and there to fix with updates & patches hopefully, but for the most part, this is the best, most complete package out of the box EA has ever released. Just for that, I'm thankful. The balance is almost there between both sides of the ball, the AI is pretty good (better with sliders) and online so far seems stable. I'm just ready to get back to it...

# 93 MizzouBravesFan @ 08/26/14 01:50 PM
Was waiting for EA to give me a reason to return to Madden and they have with M15...love it so far.

Playing defense feels fun to me again and the game seems to ebb and flow really well in my time so far.

Jumped right in to a CFM with the Bills...first game at Chicago was a tense, defense filled 10-7 battling win. Haven't felt that good about winning a game in any sports game in quite some time, really felt like I earned it and was rewarding to win.

They need to fix penalties bad though...

# 94 Captain Obvious @ 08/26/14 01:57 PM
so happy to see ALOT of people enjoying the game and praising it. for me the biggest thing was the pass rush and the formation of the pocket and i gotta say its just like on sundays. even on all madden i got orakpo screaming off the edge on jason peters and forcing foles to step up into the pocket and air it out if he wasnt sacked by then. its beauty in motion. i wanted this since 2k5, now i can move on lol. imo its the best madden so far, with alot of room to improve.

qb signature throwing styles (we had this somewhat in '10, what happened, they using the same animation since madden 00', please fix this!)
wr/cb jostling
crowd that doesnt look ********. when qbs throw off a perfect bullet pass off their back foot across the field, this **** needs to go please.

definitely headed in the right direction and this production team needs to be kept
the defense is great, it forces people to abandon cheese and actually think on how to move the ball. madden is no longer checkers, its chess baby!

# 95 Darkleaf @ 08/26/14 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Two only complains.

QB a tad to accurate
CPU taking sacks

The rest is really good
I would add zero penalties and sim stats to that list. Great game, after taking 3 years off from Madden I can honestly say this game is finally fun.

# 96 TheBleedingRed21 @ 08/26/14 02:18 PM
First impressions after 1 offline game and 1 online game..

Pros

The graphics are great as stated before
The CPU does offer a challenge, I lost 16-0 to Denver as Colts, Luck was injured week 1.
In my ONLINE game, the opponent was Lions and Stafford had multiple bad throws that were off target and resulted in incompletions, great to see in online with no adjustments.
Slow speed is a must for me
Defense was all over the place and was sticking to WRs in man coverage (I was Tampa Bay)
I actually saw them jumping routes realistically and swatting balls for the first time in a long time in Madden series
Running is not cheese like it was last year, the outside run can easily be contained
Screens are not an issue at all
Kicking is harder
Last but, deff not least, online is smooth as butter, LOVE it.

Cons

Pass accuracy still not where we want it, BUT it is a GREAT start
I seen some issues in offline where the DB would not cover at all but in online, never had one issue.
CPU QB was robo (All Madden QB ACC 15) - granted, it was Peyton Manning
The play call menu sucks.. I cannot get used to it, I will eventually though. Just really wish they would of left the old play calling, I mistakenly pick the wrong plays sometimes and its tough to navigate plays quickly.

Overall, through 2 games, this is a NEW game. I loved Madden 25, had it on PS4, and this is a new baby. Plays great and cannot wait for sliders to come out and CFM leagues to start!

Will have a full video of my online game sometime today, was able to stream 1080p HD just fine, which is a plus!

# 97 Kramer5150 @ 08/26/14 02:18 PM
Just wanted to throw this up real quick...game played absolutely awesome...Cleveland had a chance to pull this one out,but fumbled at my 2 yard line...

I am using some altered sliders on All-Pro,and this game just keeps getting better and better...

And a quick box score.....

Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Cleveland Browns ()06309
Pittsburgh Steelers ()360615
Team Stats Comparison
CLEPIT
Total Offense258284
Rushing Yards78177
Passing Yards180113
First Downs1215
Punt Return Yards1745
Kick Return Yards13788
Total Yards412469
Turnovers11
3rd Down Converstion1/113/13
4th Down Conversion0/21/1
2-Point Conversion00
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals0/30/3
Penalties8-553-25
Posession Time20:2127:36
Cleveland Browns
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Hoyer14/2722100
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Tate13634.80
West482.00
Ogbonnaya177.00
Pittsburgh Steelers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Roethlisberger8/156100
Gradkowski8/155201
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Bell311143.60
Blount2115.50
Roethlisberger11111.00

# 98 B1MM3R @ 08/26/14 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Just wanted to throw this up real quick...game played absolutely awesome...Cleveland had a chance to pull this one out,but fumbled at my 2 yard line...

I am using some altered sliders on All-Pro,and this game just keeps getting better and better...

And a quick box score.....

Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Cleveland Browns ()06309
Pittsburgh Steelers ()360615
Team Stats Comparison
CLEPIT
Total Offense258284
Rushing Yards78177
Passing Yards180113
First Downs1215
Punt Return Yards1745
Kick Return Yards13788
Total Yards412469
Turnovers11
3rd Down Converstion1/113/13
4th Down Conversion0/21/1
2-Point Conversion00
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals0/30/3
Penalties8-553-25
Posession Time20:2127:36
Cleveland Browns
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Hoyer14/2722100
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Tate13634.80
West482.00
Ogbonnaya177.00
Pittsburgh Steelers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Roethlisberger8/156100
Gradkowski8/155201
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Bell311143.60
Blount2115.50
Roethlisberger11111.00
How many minute quarters you playing on?

# 99 The JareBear @ 08/26/14 02:24 PM
Slow apeed plays fantastic this year and unlike prior years it doesn't make the game super easy. Definitely going with slow speed.

I'm seeing some great things with pockets forming and collapsing. This game might be a bigger leap than I first suspected

# 100 Retropyro @ 08/26/14 02:32 PM
It won me over right away when the CPU actually ran the ball.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.