Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

EA Sports has released another patch for EA Sports UFC, which includes a second free content update (see video here), containing three new fighters and plenty of updates. Check out the details below. Currently the patch is available for Xbox One users, PS4 gamers should get it later this afternoon.

UPDATE: It is available for PS4 users now.

New and Updated Content
  • Addition of 3 new fighters. 2 in Welterweight: Matt Brown, Mike Pyle and 1 at Heavyweight: Stipe Miocic
  • Updates to fighter records
  • Gameplay – Added Referee TKO stoppage if dominant fighter throws too many blocked strikes without the submissive fighter trying to improve his position
  • Gameplay – Added the ability to catch kicks on parries if the attacking fighter has low stamina or high leg damage when throwing a kick. If Parry button is held, a takedown will be initiated.
  • Gameplay – Added new defensive standup transitions from Full Guard. Moved Sweep to Advanced Transition
  • Gameplay – Added Back Mount escape for submissive fighter
  • Gameplay – Added manual taunts. Press Left or Right Directional buttons to taunt
  • Gameplay – Successful Basic Single Leg Takedowns will now end in Half Guard
  • Online – Added Coins to Championships. Watch partner videos from the Home Panel and earn Coins to trade in for Season Points.
Gameplay
  • Fixed issue where dominant fighter could stall transitions
  • Fixed an exploit where fighters could sneak in a free hammer fist during Posture up and down animations
  • Fixed exploit in Side Control where users could land a free shot after transitioning to Side Control.
  • Fixed an issue with Cage Clinch Break denial inputs.
  • Tuning – Increased base punch speed of all weight classes
  • Tuning – AI tuned to be less aggressive. AI is more aware of stamina and fight pacing.
  • Tuning – Duration and probability of Health Events has been tuned
  • Tuning – Stamina loss on strikes landed has been adjusted
  • Tuning – Tuned denial windows for various ground transitions, getups and submission attempts
  • Tuning – Animation speeds adjusted for strikes that were being abused Online
  • Added delay on submission attempts after a failed submission.
  • Submissions cannot be attempted when attacker has minimal Stamina
  • Fighters can change stances while blocking
  • Adjusted Antônio Rogério Nogueira’s and Robbie Lawler’s Hand Power and Speed attributes
Career
  • Fixed issue where Crucifix was unavailable in career. Will now be available on new Career save files after purchasing transition.
  • Allow users to view Fighter Stats and Abilities in Online Championships Fighter Select Screen
  • Disabled Online Pause in all Online modes. User can still access the Pause menu, however it does not pause gameplay.
  • Tuned White Belt promotion and division belt thresholds.
Miscellaneous
  • Fixed an issue with incorrect video for ‘GSP Switch Kick’ move.
  • Fixed a crash when adjusting Walk out music
  • Fixed an issue with Mat damage
  • Changed Antônio Rogério Nogueira’s stance to southpaw
  • Various replay fixes

Source - EA Forums

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 81 oakevin @ 08/27/14 09:45 PM
I've been playing the game on Pro everyday since it released and after this recent patch the computer's efficiency is jarring to say the least. They parry,block,stuff and catch EVERYTHING. Also in about 12 fights I have yet to get a pass on the ground or in the clinch.It totally caught me off guard. Overall fantastic game but this patch has me worried. Thanks for your time folks!

# 82 sportsfan8812 @ 08/28/14 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Is it possible to patch in new modes? EX: GM Mode where I play the role of Dana White
Nothing would make me happier

# 83 DaveDQ @ 08/28/14 08:27 AM
I really like the recent patch. It shows specific improvements that continue to better the game. Stamina and strike power still needs to be addressed. Strikes need to have more power and stamina should not regain so quickly.

The solution isn't to drop both a few notches. They are too level with each other. I understand we want action, but you shouldn't be able to absorb strikes so much. And you shouldn't be able to continuously throw strikes.

# 84 Sausage @ 08/28/14 10:37 AM
Finally got around to playing with the most recent updates. Very nice is all I can say, just feels better. The A.I. updates are so refreshing and to have the A.I. aggression toned down and adjusted to fit the character better.

# 85 phillyfan23 @ 08/28/14 11:44 AM
i am terrible at takedown defense, it's R2 and right stick down right?

and i hate that the cpu on hard/pro catches too many of your kicks for takedowns. Imo this should be reduced.

ground game is really tough....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

# 86 unBEARable @ 08/28/14 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Normal. Another example: I fought Carmont (who has low aggression) and he averaged around 55 strikes around.
Tried it out and yeah there is a difference between certain fighters in their aggression which is nice to see. I still feel it's a bit too much with certain fighters but it's getting that balance between fun and realism I suppose.

Also do you think that maybe the more aggressive AI throws to many combos which increases their punch count? Again that could be down to fighter tendencies but maybe worth keeping an eye out.

Anyway this patch has certain made me want to play the game again though, just wish we had an Event/Fight Card mode or tournament option.

# 87 Lakers 24 7 @ 08/28/14 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tha_show256
I play online exclusively (ps4) and have 0 issues...there is some lag here and there, but for the most part my experience online is AWESOME! Could be your settings or ISP.
The game ran flawlessly online the first couple weeks it was out, aside from the occasional frame drops, but nothing major. Now every game practically runs in slow motion or comes to a complete stop with a "waiting for opponent" message. I don't experience any lag on any other Xbox One games or PC so something happened on their end.

# 88 aholbert32 @ 08/28/14 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unBEARable
Tried it out and yeah there is a difference between certain fighters in their aggression which is nice to see. I still feel it's a bit too much but it's getting that balance between fun and realism I suppose.

Also do you think that maybe the AI throws to many combos which increases their punch count? Again that could be down to fighter tendencies but maybe worth keeping an eye out.

Anyway this patch has certain made me want to play the game again though, just wish we had an Event/Fight Card mode or tournament option.
Depends on the fighter and your movement. Against A. Silva, I was seeing him throw 4-6 punch/kick combos. Against Maia, I dont think I saw him throw more than 3 and even that was rare.

# 89 Aintgottime4datShhhh @ 08/28/14 12:57 PM
With all thats being said ,im glad to hear allot of positive stuff. Truth be told I haven't played this game for over two month now because of the stamina issues and people spamming the power moves and spamming to the stomach. My question is ...are these issues ive stated still a problem. If so im not even going to attempt to play this game and will be trading it for credit

# 90 aholbert32 @ 08/28/14 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aintgottime4datShhhh
With all thats being said ,im glad to hear allot of positive stuff. Truth be told I haven't played this game for over two month now because of the stamina issues and people spamming the power moves and spamming to the stomach. My question is ...are these issues ive stated still a problem. If so im not even going to attempt to play this game and will be trading it for credit
Just play the game man. Most of those things have been addressed but how the hell do any of us know if you think that the those have been addressed enough for you.

# 91 Aintgottime4datShhhh @ 08/28/14 04:20 PM
Quote:
Just play the game man. Most of those things have been addressed but how the hell do any of us know if you think that the those have been addressed enough for you.
Obviously the reason im stop playn was due to the fact that the issues I stated have not been addressed since the game has been put out otherwise i would have never brought my question up. If u play online enough then u know what im referring too. I i dont believe this game is based on skill alone i believe its based on if u have the top fighter more times than none ur going to win. Any fighting game should be based on no matter what fighter u pick if skill wise ur better u will prevail. The stamina issue is a problem, spamming to body is a problem, throwing nothing but special moves and not being penalized stamina wise is a problem. I wanna like this game but un realism of this game is an issue so instead of getting pissed about a game id rather ask to see if the new patch has worked on those issues

# 92 aholbert32 @ 08/28/14 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aintgottime4datShhhh
Obviously the reason im stop playn was due to the fact that the issues I stated have not been addressed since the game has been put out otherwise i would have never brought my question up. If u play online enough then u know what im referring too. I i dont believe this game is based on skill alone i believe its based on if u have the top fighter more times than none ur going to win. Any fighting game should be based on no matter what fighter u pick if skill wise ur better u will prevail. The stamina issue is a problem, spamming to body is a problem, throwing nothing but special moves and not being penalized stamina wise is a problem. I wanna like this game but un realism of this game is an issue so instead of getting pissed about a game id rather ask to see if the new patch has worked on those issues

Actually this is a bunch of BS. The stamina was worked on a month ago so to say "the issues" you stated havent been addressed isnt true at all. Same goes for the spamming of power moves (especially power takedowns) which was addressed in the July patch.

The fact that you wont take the time to play one or two games to see the changes but want people to take the time write about about issues that were addressed over a month ago is ridiculous.

# 93 Factzzz @ 08/28/14 04:38 PM
After this patch, this might be the best sports game i've ever played, at least game play wise (Between this and the Show).

But there is still a few things i hope can get patched.

--- When announcing a split decision, the winner of the fight's score is always read first, so you automatically know who won. Buffer says it like this, "Judge 1 scored it 49-46 Dodson, Judge 2 scored it 46-49 Johnson, and Judge 3 scored it 48-47, to the winner by split decision John Dodson." It should be read, "Judge 1 scored it 49-46 Dodson, Judge 2 scored it 49-46 Johnson, and judge 3 scored it 48-47 to the winner by split decision John Dodson."

This way you don't automatically know who won a split decision just because their score is read first. The higher score should always be read first regardless of who's score it is.

--- Still don't like the knockout animation, you should always be able to go on top of a fighter after he hits the ground and have the referee pull you off of him.

--- Still wish there wasn't so much generic attire worn by some of the best fighters.

# 94 aholbert32 @ 08/28/14 04:43 PM
@GameplayDev

Not sure if this is a gameplay issue but I'll give this a shot. Can something be done about the announcement of split decisions by Buffer?

An example can be seen in the Barao/Dillashaw video EA just released. Buffer announced the cards "48-47 Barao, 46-49 Dillashaw and 48-47 Barao". The issue is I knew who won the fight even before Buffer announced Barao's name. How?

Because if Dillahsaw wouldve won, Buffer wouldve announced the lower number first. He wouldve said "47-48 Dillashaw". The order he announces the number tips who won the fight even before he announced it.

This is a SMALL issue but just something I've picked up on. If you dont handle this part of the game can you pass this along to your colleague? Thanks.

# 95 aholbert32 @ 08/28/14 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
After this patch, this might be the best sports game i've ever played, at least game play wise (Between this and the Show).

--- When announcing a split decision, the winner of the fight's score is always read first, so you automatically know who won. Buffer says it like this, "Judge 1 scored it 49-46 Dodson, Judge 2 scored it 46-49 Johnson, and Judge 3 scored it 48-47, to the winner by split decision John Dodson." It should be read, "Judge 1 scored it 49-46 Dodson, Judge 2 scored it 49-46 Johnson, and judge 3 scored it 48-47 to the winner by split decision John Dodson."

This way you don't automatically know who won a split decision just because their score is read first. The higher score should always be read first regardless of who's score it is.

--- Still don't like the knockout animation, you should always be able to go on top of a fighter after he hits the ground and have the referee pull you off of him.

--- Still wish there wasn't so much generic attire worn by some of the best fighters.

LOL. I posted my comment like 2 seconds after you.

Also agree about the generic attire. I was pissed seeing Diaz with a plane white shirt. I know Metal Mullisha is his main sponsor and they arent in the game but give him a UFC shirt instead.

# 96 DaveDQ @ 08/28/14 05:19 PM
Quote:
Actually this is a bunch of BS. The stamina was worked on a month ago so to say "the issues" you stated havent been addressed isnt true at all. Same goes for the spamming of power moves (especially power takedowns) which was addressed in the July patch.

The fact that you wont take the time to play one or two games to see the changes but want people to take the time write about about issues that were addressed over a month ago is ridiculous.

The stamina has been helped in the areas you mentioned. I think the challenge is that online is so very different. Today I was countering a guy with spinning back kicks. I was intentionally doing then over and over. Parry then spinning back kick. Not only did my stamina hardly move, but I also landed six kicks to his face and he was still coming at me.

So you have this unbalance where the strikes are thrown over and over and the guy retrieves stamina like a pro. You also have the situation where strikes are landing and they should be doing much more damage.

With all that being said, the game has been greatly improved. I just want to see some better logic with striking.

# 97 Factzzz @ 08/28/14 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz

Just realized that you can actually do this, so nvm on this point.

# 98 aholbert32 @ 08/28/14 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
The stamina has been helped in the areas you mentioned. I think the challenge is that online is so very different. Today I was countering a guy with spinning back kicks. I was intentionally doing then over and over. Parry then spinning back kick. Not only did my stamina hardly move, but I also landed six kicks to his face and he was still coming at me.

So you have this unbalance where the strikes are thrown over and over and the guy retrieves stamina like a pro. You also have the situation where strikes are landing and they should be doing much more damage.

With all that being said, the game has been greatly improved. I just want to see some better logic with striking.
Finding that balance is hard though. I love the variety in this game right now. I ran a 6 fight card and ended up with 3 decisions (one split), 2 KOs and 1 sub. I'm worried that if you give strikes more power, we will likely see less decisions.

I agree about the stamina changes that need to be made regarding power strikes. Hopefully, GameplayDev and the team are taking a look at that.

# 99 Lakers 24 7 @ 08/28/14 10:13 PM
If they were to add a window where you could actually counter an opponents strikes it would add a realistic risk/reward to just spamming. This is what made EA MMA so great, the stamina wasn't exactly the most realistic either, but there were so many mechanics in the game that allowed you to punish someone that was mindlessly spamming strikes. Unfortunately in EA UFC we don't really have that.

If you parry a strike and throw a counter the opponent has enough time to reset and even parry your incoming strike. Making for incredibly odd engagements. Practically the same with slipping punches as well. There needs to be recovery frames on parry's so you actually have a good chance of countering and punishing your opponent for spam.

That change will force people to fight smart, patient, mix up their attacks etc. Maybe give them the ability to slip counter punches to keep things balanced and entertaining. But, to be able to get back into a full guard and parry off of a whiffed punch is just too much.

# 100 Panicshade @ 08/28/14 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
If they were to add a window where you could actually counter an opponents strikes it would add a realistic risk/reward to just spamming. This is what made EA MMA so great, the stamina wasn't exactly the most realistic either, but there were so many mechanics in the game that allowed you to punish someone that was mindlessly spamming strikes. Unfortunately in EA UFC we don't really have that.

If you parry a strike and throw a counter the opponent has enough time to reset and even parry your incoming strike. Making for incredibly odd engagements. Practically the same with slipping punches as well. There needs to be recovery frames on parry's so you actually have a good chance of countering and punishing your opponent for spam.

That change will force people to fight smart, patient, mix up their attacks etc. Maybe give them the ability to slip counter punches to keep things balanced and entertaining. But, to be able to get back into a full guard and parry off of a whiffed punch is just too much.
A few pages back in this thread the EA dev said they are looking at some changes to parrying so they are trying to figure out the best way they can address it. I'm really curious to see what's coming in the next content update.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.