Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

EA Sports has released another patch for EA Sports UFC, which includes a second free content update (see video here), containing three new fighters and plenty of updates. Check out the details below. Currently the patch is available for Xbox One users, PS4 gamers should get it later this afternoon.

UPDATE: It is available for PS4 users now.

New and Updated Content
  • Addition of 3 new fighters. 2 in Welterweight: Matt Brown, Mike Pyle and 1 at Heavyweight: Stipe Miocic
  • Updates to fighter records
  • Gameplay – Added Referee TKO stoppage if dominant fighter throws too many blocked strikes without the submissive fighter trying to improve his position
  • Gameplay – Added the ability to catch kicks on parries if the attacking fighter has low stamina or high leg damage when throwing a kick. If Parry button is held, a takedown will be initiated.
  • Gameplay – Added new defensive standup transitions from Full Guard. Moved Sweep to Advanced Transition
  • Gameplay – Added Back Mount escape for submissive fighter
  • Gameplay – Added manual taunts. Press Left or Right Directional buttons to taunt
  • Gameplay – Successful Basic Single Leg Takedowns will now end in Half Guard
  • Online – Added Coins to Championships. Watch partner videos from the Home Panel and earn Coins to trade in for Season Points.
Gameplay
  • Fixed issue where dominant fighter could stall transitions
  • Fixed an exploit where fighters could sneak in a free hammer fist during Posture up and down animations
  • Fixed exploit in Side Control where users could land a free shot after transitioning to Side Control.
  • Fixed an issue with Cage Clinch Break denial inputs.
  • Tuning – Increased base punch speed of all weight classes
  • Tuning – AI tuned to be less aggressive. AI is more aware of stamina and fight pacing.
  • Tuning – Duration and probability of Health Events has been tuned
  • Tuning – Stamina loss on strikes landed has been adjusted
  • Tuning – Tuned denial windows for various ground transitions, getups and submission attempts
  • Tuning – Animation speeds adjusted for strikes that were being abused Online
  • Added delay on submission attempts after a failed submission.
  • Submissions cannot be attempted when attacker has minimal Stamina
  • Fighters can change stances while blocking
  • Adjusted Antônio Rogério Nogueira’s and Robbie Lawler’s Hand Power and Speed attributes
Career
  • Fixed issue where Crucifix was unavailable in career. Will now be available on new Career save files after purchasing transition.
  • Allow users to view Fighter Stats and Abilities in Online Championships Fighter Select Screen
  • Disabled Online Pause in all Online modes. User can still access the Pause menu, however it does not pause gameplay.
  • Tuned White Belt promotion and division belt thresholds.
Miscellaneous
  • Fixed an issue with incorrect video for ‘GSP Switch Kick’ move.
  • Fixed a crash when adjusting Walk out music
  • Fixed an issue with Mat damage
  • Changed Antônio Rogério Nogueira’s stance to southpaw
  • Various replay fixes

Source - EA Forums

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Pappy Knuckles @ 09/04/14 08:20 PM
I really like that the ref will stop the fight now if your throwing down strikes on your opponent and they're not trying to advance their position. I've had this happen online and offline now.

# 122 Flightwhite24 @ 09/04/14 08:53 PM
Played this last night for the first time since the update and man what a difference. I can't believe what the EA team has done for this title. Kudos fellas

# 123 Reed1417 @ 09/05/14 07:37 AM
I'll have to go and play some of this at some point today so I can see how everything goes. Really appreciate the hard work guys!!

Reed is comin' atcha!!

# 124 TheShizNo1 @ 09/05/14 08:46 AM
Played two matches: the jones/gus match was first. Gus submitted me in the first round. I don't understand the submission game. And I feel like I don't understand the ground game in general.

Next match was Roy Nelson (me) against Hunt. Hunt kept taking me down. Was only frustrating because I forgot how to stuff them and again, Idk what I'm doing on the ground anymore (as opposed to 3)

I had fun with both matches just have a learning curve ahead of me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

# 125 aholbert32 @ 09/05/14 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Played two matches: the jones/gus match was first. Gus submitted me in the first round. I don't understand the submission game. And I feel like I don't understand the ground game in general.

Next match was Roy Nelson (me) against Hunt. Hunt kept taking me down. Was only frustrating because I forgot how to stuff them and again, Idk what I'm doing on the ground anymore (as opposed to 3)

I had fun with both matches just have a learning curve ahead of me.

You should do the training/challenges.

# 126 TheShizNo1 @ 09/05/14 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You should do the training/challenges.
There's more than the intro tutorial?

# 127 tha_show256 @ 09/05/14 09:59 AM
Yes, there is. It really helps as well! I go there after I start getting beat up online too much...It always helps me get my game back!

# 128 PhiPsi1 @ 09/05/14 10:51 AM
@aholbert -

Just wanted to drop in and give you my sincerest thanks on all your feedback that you have provided to the EA UFC Dev team. Your passion for this sport and your commitment to providing the necessary feedback in order to get this game to tailor to a SIM community (but also keep the fun-factor in place) should be commended. Thanks for your time my friend! I'm definitely going out today and getting a copy of UFC (and learning more about this sport!)...

And a side note - > Your Madden Auto-subs are golden! Ok....back on topic....

@Dev Team at EA -

Tons of props to you all for listening to the community and taking the feedback seriously! It is VERY refreshing to see a dev team that is responsive to what the community finds and actually implementing it into the game. It is VERY encouraging and serves as a reminder that our community's requests will be heard (and listened to)!!! Looking forward to the direction for this next patch and future iterations!!!!

# 129 jeremym480 @ 09/05/14 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I didn't, either. EA ****ing up my budget, now lol

Between this game and Madden EA has really put themselves back on my gaming map.

I would love to see the Madden gameplay team listen to feedback like GPD and ToR have. Those two have really taken this game to another level. I feel great about the game going forward with those to at the game play helm.

Now if they could just get some of the career mode and CAF devs over hear so we can get in their ears.

# 130 TheShizNo1 @ 09/05/14 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Between this game and Madden EA has really put themselves back on my gaming map.

I would love to see the Madden gameplay team listen to feedback like GPD and ToR have. Those two have really taken this game to another level. I feel great about the game going forward with those to at the game play helm.

Now if they could just get some of the career mode and CAF devs over hear so we can get in their ears.
Put Fifa in there for me. It'll be the most current EA games I've owned in a long time.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

# 131 aholbert32 @ 09/05/14 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
@aholbert -

Just wanted to drop in and give you my sincerest thanks on all your feedback that you have provided to the EA UFC Dev team. Your passion for this sport and your commitment to providing the necessary feedback in order to get this game to tailor to a SIM community (but also keep the fun-factor in place) should be commended. Thanks for your time my friend! I'm definitely going out today and getting a copy of UFC (and learning more about this sport!)...

And a side note - > Your Madden Auto-subs are golden! Ok....back on topic....

@Dev Team at EA -

Tons of props to you all for listening to the community and taking the feedback seriously! It is VERY refreshing to see a dev team that is responsive to what the community finds and actually implementing it into the game. It is VERY encouraging and serves as a reminder that our community's requests will be heard (and listened to)!!! Looking forward to the direction for this next patch and future iterations!!!!

Thanks man. I really appreciate this.

I really think we are two features away from this game being the best MMA game ever for offline players. The two features: Sliders and Event Mode.

Sliders: Right now UFC 3 holds the best MMA game distinction in my opinion because of the moves variety and the features (Event Mode, Pride). Even UFC 3 had issues when it came to difficulty. It was impossible to sub the CPU on the higher difficulties and a reversal fest on the ground. Playing on the normal difficulty was more balanced but you there were a ton of exploits you could use to win any fight on that level. The only way I was able to do that is by establishing house rules.

EA UFC has the same issues. On Pro and above, subs are extremely difficult and the CPU is a parrying machine. On Normal, the striking is more realistic but the ground game is too easy and I find it to easy to get into full mount. Normal (with house rules) offers the best balance but with sliders the need for house rules goes away. This dev team is familar with sliders because they are present in Fight Night Champion and they can significantly affect the way the AI fights.

Event Mode:Never realized how much I would miss this mode. EA did a great job with the entrances. They are accurate and look better than any MMA game. The problem is you only see them in 5 rnd fights and that is a big waste of a great presentation element. If Event mode cant be added, I would at least add entrances to 3 rnd fights.

FYI, Jazz (one of the UFC devs) posted on twitter (@Tallunlimited) asking for people to name their most wanted fighter and feature. So for all you fans of Event mode and sliders should immediately go over to Twitter and tweet your suggestions to Jazz. I normally wouldnt suggest this but this dev team has shown that they are very interested in our suggestions.

# 132 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/08/14 03:33 PM
Man I hope EA can patch in leg kick TKO or do more permanent damage to legs from leg kicks. Played against Meisha Tate last night, landed 99 significant strikes to both her legs. Over all I kicked both her legs well over 250 times. All it did was turn her thighs purple. But Meisha Tate was still able to move around the ring normally. She was still able to do power slams.

And the most messed up part.....after the game in the post fight stats, my player face was bright red on the HUD from being punched only 6 times in the face. Meisha Tate left leg was barely red in the HUD and her right leg wasn't red at all. Hell I knee'ed Meisha Tate gut once in the entire 3 round fight and her torso was bright red. How is that possible ? It is like the game don't fully register leg kicks or something. How can you have that many significant strikes and over all over 200 strikes to the legs and the HUD for their legs don't even register any damage on one leg and barely registers it on the other leg ?

This is the main sore spot in the game for me.

# 133 DaveDQ @ 09/08/14 04:56 PM
That would help but they would also need to tune how easy it is to connect with a leg kick. Landing 200 strikes to the legs is crazy.

# 134 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/08/14 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
That would help but they would also need to tune how easy it is to connect with a leg kick. Landing 200 strikes to the legs is crazy.
Crazy indeed......Meisha Tate only checked 4 times. I was shocked. So I figured hey, let me see how many leg kicks can I throw.....I was letting them rip every time she stepped forward, outside, then inside, then outside leg kick combo.

# 135 aholbert32 @ 09/14/14 10:03 PM
@GameplayDev

Who handles licensed fighter movesets on the dev team? Is it you, Robots or someone else?

The reason I ask is I (and I'm sure the rest of the forum) have some suggestions about certain moves fighters should or shouldnt have. If wanted I'm sure we could provide some insight. Let me know if thats something that interests you guys.

# 136 GameplayDevUFC @ 09/14/14 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
@GameplayDev

Who handles licensed fighter movesets on the dev team? Is it you, Robots or someone else?

The reason I ask is I (and I'm sure the rest of the forum) have some suggestions about certain moves fighters should or shouldnt have. If wanted I'm sure we could provide some insight. Let me know if thats something that interests you guys.
It's another guy, and we solicited feedback from our QA team which prompted some tweaks for the next patch.

I'll keep the offer in mind, I think crowd sourcing stuff like that can be a really good thing, as long as it doesn't turn into a big argument. Seemed to go well with the aggression stuff though...

# 137 fishingtime @ 09/15/14 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
It's another guy, and we solicited feedback from our QA team which prompted some tweaks for the next patch.

I'll keep the offer in mind, I think crowd sourcing stuff like that can be a really good thing, as long as it doesn't turn into a big argument. Seemed to go well with the aggression stuff though...
In this game I think the front kick to the face is needed. Most fighters have never used this. However, a lot of fighters have very poor range and that is the only move that a lot of fighters have for range. Taking a move like that away from some fighters would pretty much make them useless since players online usually only pick the top fighters, who by the way all have OP range with the exception of Cain. We all want a realistic game, but when it comes to balance some things need left alone unless you can fix the range issues.

I myself use Melendez a lot, and most every fighter I play against has enormous range compared to him. He does have the flying knee. The problem with using that though is you are vulnerable for a split second after using one and not landing it.

Like I've said, sliders are needed for offline because our problems aren't necessarily their problems, and their problems aren't necessarily our problems. Changing something for offline could have drastic consequences for online play. Online is already dying. We don't need a death nail.

# 138 aholbert32 @ 09/15/14 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC

If its at OS...there wont be a big argument. We wont tolerate that. If its not constructive, It results in a ban.

This is how I'm creating movesets when it comes to CAFs:

- If they arent a BJJ blackbelt and go for a ton of submissions, I eliminate the gogoplata, omoplata, twister, necktie and inverted triangle subs.

- If you arent a wrestler, I took away the power single.

- For flashier kickers like Barbosa, I added more special kicks. For most fighters I kept the basic moves.

- Finally, If I'm unsure if a fighter uses something like rubber guard, I use Google or Fight Pass to research it. By simply typing in "Kennedy Rubber Guard), you will find tons of fight reports from websites that show if he's ever used the particular move.

I and I'm sure others would be willing to help if needed just let us know.

# 139 aholbert32 @ 09/15/14 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
In this game I think the front kick to the face is needed. Most fighters have never used this. However, a lot of fighters have very poor range and that is the only move that a lot of fighters have for range. Taking a move like that away from some fighters would pretty much make them useless since players online usually only pick the top fighters, who by the way all have OP range with the exception of Cain. We all want a realistic game, but when it comes to balance some things need left alone unless you can fix the range issues.

I myself use Melendez a lot, and most every fighter I play against has enormous range compared to him. He does have the flying knee. The problem with using that though is you are vulnerable for a split second after using one and not landing it.

Like I've said, sliders are needed for offline because our problems aren't necessarily their problems, and their problems aren't necessarily our problems. Changing something for offline could have drastic consequences for online play. Online is already dying. We don't need a death nail.
Front kick is a basic move and I wouldnt want to focus on that. My suggestion should be more "Fighter X doesnt do a Cartwheel kick" "Fighter X doesnt do Rubber Guard" "Fighter X isnt a sub guy, he shouldnt be going for Omaplatas"

I think that would be a good balance for the online and offline guys.

Also I dont know if a change in movesets would affect online. People arent online anymore because 1) The game was pretty average at release with many online related issues 2) Most people arent aware of the many improvements the patches have added. 3) The demo was horrid and scared away a good number of potential buyers.

Once a permanent price drop happens or the game is added to the Vault on EA Acccess, more people will be online. Also as word continues to get out about the path changes more people will be online.

# 140 PhiPsi1 @ 09/15/14 10:59 AM
@aholbert -

Got a question for you my friend ... How do you keep the game 'fresh'? Are you a career mode guy (or online gamer) ... As for me, I'm purely offline. I don't game online (don't even have ps+). I heard from fellow members that career mode doesn't take too long and after a determined amount of matches, it ends and you retire (if I'm not mistaken, 40 or so matches). How is the AI on the career mode (I'm actually picking the game up today or tomorrow, just had alot on my plate with work, kids, & such)? Is there even an option to use Faber or GSP in a career mode? Any insight would be great on how you keep things fresh...

By the way, do you use twitch? Would be awesome to check out your UFC broadcasts... I saw a dude last night on twitch doing some offline UFC fights and gotta say, the CPU (compared to the demo) was VERY methodical in their strikes...And the user was playing SIM like so it was a beauty to watch, if one considers a bloody mess beautiful! LOL!

Cheers man and look forward to your response! And I see that you and EA dev team are back in the 'lab'! This is awesome stuff!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.