Home
FIFA 15 News Post

"If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin."

I'm not sure who came up with the quote (a quick bit of research also shows similar confusion on the source), but it seems some within the FIFA 15 Ultimate Team community have taken it completely to heart. This year, EA Sports is hoping to clamp down on the cheating going on in FUT by banning users who employ popular cheating tactics.

"Although they are a minority amongst FIFA fans, cheaters disrupt the gameplay experience and enjoyment for honest FIFA fans in a number of ways," EA said in a recent blog post on their website. "These include things like overloading servers, phishing and compromising other player accounts, and participating in the unauthorised exchange of virtual currency. It’s time for us to draw a clear and strong line against cheaters who negatively impact the FIFA experience for our millions of players online."

It appears as if many of the tactics employed in prior years will be watched and clamped down on this year by EA, which will almost certainly lead to a better experience for everyone...except the cheaters of course.

Be sure to read the full list of changes, and let us know what you think of them in the comments below!

Game: FIFA 15Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 9 - View All
FIFA 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 HenryClay1844 @ 08/27/14 10:50 AM
Youtubers are still promoting coin-sellers. I tried to report a couple of them to the email EA listed: [email protected] and it bounced back. I have no idea how you are supposed to stop cheating if you can't manage to report cheaters in a more efficient manner.

# 2 bwright25 @ 08/27/14 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
Youtubers are still promoting coin-sellers. I tried to report a couple of them to the email EA listed: [email protected] and it bounced back. I have no idea how you are supposed to stop cheating if you can't manage to report cheaters in a more efficient manner.
I believe this is being implemented into FIFA 15 UT. Not the current version. FUT14 is still the wild west.

# 3 Nius @ 08/27/14 12:18 PM
I love how "Buying coins diminishes the enjoyment of FUT for all players, creates an unfair advantage, and impacts the balance of the game" , but buying points from EA is totally fair to other players. It only matters who get the money

# 4 bballshawn24 @ 08/27/14 03:03 PM
we all know they want people to buy there stanking packs. Knowing your getting crap in them

# 5 pujolsformvp21 @ 08/27/14 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nius
I love how "Buying coins diminishes the enjoyment of FUT for all players, creates an unfair advantage, and impacts the balance of the game" , but buying points from EA is totally fair to other players. It only matters who get the money
not a good comparison because with coin sellers you can buy any amount of coins you want outright but with the fifa points you can only use them to open packs and have to get pretty lucky with the packs to get anything of real value and the packs are random no matter if you buy one of them or 1,000 of them your chances on any given pack are the same as the guy who cant buy any points BUT when you buy coins directly it definitely gives you an unfair advantage.

# 6 Nius @ 08/27/14 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pujolsformvp21
not a good comparison because with coin sellers you can buy any amount of coins you want outright but with the fifa points you can only use them to open packs and have to get pretty lucky with the packs to get anything of real value and the packs are random no matter if you buy one of them or 1,000 of them your chances on any given pack are the same as the guy who cant buy any points BUT when you buy coins directly it definitely gives you an unfair advantage.
So you are saying that the guy who has 1000 packs and the guy who has only 1 pack has same chances to get highly valued player and get rich? The only difference is that buying fifa points do not guarantee specific amount of cash, but still gives you advantage against players who do not buy anything. I am not saying that this is bad, it is part of the game... still the explanation sounded quite ironic for me.

# 7 HustlinOwl @ 08/27/14 04:09 PM
Diamond Dynasty and MLB The Show take notes

# 8 Guffers @ 08/28/14 06:59 AM
This is all fantastic until you're someone like me who gets banned unfairly for only playing single player. I'm guessing because my account was compromised and EA thinks I was cheating somehow. Three emails later and they won't listen and I'm still banned....

# 9 MeatPie @ 08/28/14 09:25 AM
Unless they can reactive the web app for 15 then FUT is completely pointless to me.

# 10 Turbojugend @ 09/18/14 06:59 PM
Yet this is allowed to exist:

Time to put up or shut up EA.

# 11 YoungBuck3 @ 09/19/14 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nius
There's a big difference between being able to buy packs and being able to buy specific players which is what buying coins effectively is. Anyone who plays and understand the mode knows this.

# 12 ManiacMatt1782 @ 09/22/14 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungBuck3
There's a big difference between being able to buy packs and being able to buy specific players which is what buying coins effectively is. Anyone who plays and understand the mode knows this.
For give me if I am mistaken because I don't play the mode, becauae i can't stand the altered speed and physics, but can't you buy coins directly from EA?

# 13 redsox4evur @ 09/22/14 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Forgive me if I am mistaken because I don't play the mode, because i can't stand the altered speed and physics, but can't you buy coins directly from EA?
Yes you can. Through the catalogue and if you buy points you can buy coins with points I think. But if you buy through the catalogue you can only buy coins like every 10 levels or something like that. But some people can't wait that long to buy coins. And you can get like 5,000 coins at times.

# 14 ROABS @ 09/22/14 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yes you can. Through the catalogue and if you buy points you can buy coins with points I think. But if you buy through the catalogue you can only buy coins like every 10 levels or something like that. But some people can't wait that long to buy coins. And you can get like 5,000 coins at times.

you cant buy coins from ea. in the fifa catalog you can buy match payout boosters which is per game up to a max amount of games. ex. 1000c x 10 matches. the only thing you can buy with fifa points are packs. coin sellers hurt the fut economy.

# 15 redsox4evur @ 09/22/14 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROABS
you cant buy coins from ea. in the fifa catalog you can buy match payout boosters which is per game up to a max amount of games. ex. 1000c x 10 matches. the only thing you can buy with fifa points are packs. coin sellers hurt the fut economy.
Ok I thought that catalogue thing was actual coins. I never really any of the Ultimate teams. I played HUT for a little bit but it got boring. I have never touched FUT on consoles. I played it for a little bit on my phone but the screen was too small so I never really played it that much.

# 16 BlyGilmore @ 09/22/14 04:38 PM
Hopefully they stick to their guns not only in FUT but in other modes. Pro clubs were almost ruined last year by guys glitching their pros - and it was easy to find out who did it - they were the ones at 95/96 overall on the leaderboards.

# 17 YoungBuck3 @ 09/22/14 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
For give me if I am mistaken because I don't play the mode, becauae i can't stand the altered speed and physics, but can't you buy coins directly from EA?
No you can't. That's why the buying coins thing is so big, it's not because they do them at some cheaper rate than EA, it's because EA doesn't do them period. You can only buy packs from EA and buying packs for the purpose of turning them into coins from on-selling what you get from the packs would not prove very worthwhile unless you got very lucky.

Let's say you want Ronaldo, well you're going to need to get very, very, very lucky to get him out of a pack (you could spend hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of dollars on packs and still not get him), or you could win games, do some trading, work the market to save up a million coins which obviously takes a lot of work.

Or, you could just buy a million coins from a third party and buy Ronaldo straight away. Buying coins creates a pay to win environment, though most of the players I encounter with hugely stacked teams are bad. A million dollar player can't make up for having two dollar skill.

When you're simply able to buy points, there's still something of a pay to win element, but buying packs is rarely worthwhile, it doesn't offer that big of an advantage.

# 18 XXstormmXX @ 09/22/14 07:48 PM
Typical EA.
This is really a thing to get more people to buy FIFA points, get junk players in gold packs, and then buy more FIFA points and repeat.

# 19 kaletore11 @ 09/22/14 08:00 PM
Yes but if everyone's pulling packs and rolling the dice, the game is fair.

If some people buy 10M coins and just buy their team, that ruins everything for me.

# 20 YoungBuck3 @ 09/23/14 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
Typical EA.
This is really a thing to get more people to buy FIFA points, get junk players in gold packs, and then buy more FIFA points and repeat.
The only people who aren't happy with this are the people who buy and sell coins.

Those people can take a leap anyway, it's great that EA is doing something about it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.