Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Madden Senior Game Designer and Lead Designer of Madden NFL CFM, Josh Looman has posted an update on Twitter, mentioning some of the fixes that have already taken place.

Unfortunately, they haven't figured out the online CFM user vs. user issue, but it's good to hear they are looking into the simulated stats issue.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 The JareBear @ 08/28/14 08:27 PM
Guys, we get it.

Every time I see a new post I hope it's news on a fix, not this bickering. Why are we arguing?

# 22 fancyclaps @ 08/28/14 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbattisti
You're going to be waiting a long time my friend. Not because EA are bad developers, but because games release with bugs all the time. Comparatively speaking, this is a solid game. If you only buy games when they have been certified as bug-free, you're going to have plenty of space left on your HDD!
I'm not asking for a perfect game, I just want to be able to play the main mode of a game without it being horribly broken. I can't remeber a game where that wasn't possible outside of Madden.

# 23 Cowboy008 @ 08/28/14 08:44 PM
So I should probably do an online CFM once they fix the sim stats since it looks like the people who play online will not have to wait for a patch.

# 24 kenlovin @ 08/28/14 11:16 PM
this is kind of confusing though. On his twitter it says they rolled out some fixes, so are these a part of that or are they saying that they fixed them and they will release a patch later?

# 25 sbattisti @ 08/28/14 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlovin
this is kind of confusing though. On his twitter it says they rolled out some fixes, so are these a part of that or are they saying that they fixed them and they will release a patch later?
Given the fact that I played tonight and didn't get an update, I'm guessing they will be part of the first update, which hasn't been officially announced yet?

# 26 reyes the roof @ 08/28/14 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muelly
any idea if a potential sim stat fix will require a restart of our CFM?
I doubt you will have to re-start it. There was an issue with sim stats a few years ago that they patched and there was no need to re-start. I believe it was Madden 10, where 3-4 OLBs were getting very few sacks, and there was some sort of RB stat issue that had to be fixed

# 27 SmashMan @ 08/29/14 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlovin
Some adjustments can be made server-side, which is why the thread title refers to Online CFM. Those CFMs are online and can receive these updates now. Offline will have to wait until a patch drops.

At least that's how it's worked in the past.

# 28 ballgameronny @ 08/29/14 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by titit32000
I'm with you on this one, can't rebuild my Vikings with negative funds...
Yeah has anyone gotten through a season? Can you sign or resign anyone?

# 29 Jeremy Weimer @ 08/29/14 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgameronny
Yeah has anyone gotten through a season? Can you sign or resign anyone?
I have played two different CFMs as the Vikings. One season each. The first time through I wasn't able to sign any FAs for most of the season even though I had some serious injuries and wasn't able to re-sign anyone because of negative funds. The second time through it was a little better and I had positive funds most of the season so I was at least able to sign a few FAs. Had to wait until the offseason to do re-signs though.

# 30 ballgameronny @ 08/29/14 07:02 AM
That's weak. In my Cowboys franchise I want to resign Dez but can't because I do not have any funds but have plenty of cap space. That is a joke.

# 31 muelly @ 08/29/14 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgameronny
That's weak. In my Cowboys franchise I want to resign Dez but can't because I do not have any funds but have plenty of cap space. That is a joke.

I believe you have to have positive funding as an organization as well.

# 32 Hunkerdown @ 08/29/14 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbattisti
Given the fact that I played tonight and didn't get an update, I'm guessing they will be part of the first update, which hasn't been officially announced yet?
I got a synching madden when loading up last night, so maybe fixes? Never saw that message before?

# 33 morkusyambo @ 08/29/14 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk5049ers
I just hope they fix the sim stats in offline CFM. I'm holding off on starting one until it's resolved.
Amen. I'm not purchasing the game this year til they fix this.

# 34 morkusyambo @ 08/29/14 08:50 AM
While we are at it, how many years will it take to fix things like progression, funding, drafting, schemes, coach/assistant coach progression, and stat simming???

# 35 Khanchus @ 08/29/14 09:31 AM
i have been tryna play a H2H cfm game and it keeps getting desync (4 times actually) really annoying

# 36 Khanchus @ 08/29/14 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morkusyambo
While we are at it, how many years will it take to fix things like progression, funding, drafting, schemes, coach/assistant coach progression, and stat simming???
i actually give EA a break this yr because it looks like a lot went in to the game

but then again they have seperate teams for different aspects of the game so then i get the feeling of really? you guys got to be kidding me....

theres alot more positive then negative in the game (even tho some negative issues ruin some of the experience, at least we know a fix is coming)

then the game testers....what are they doing??? these are some issues that should have stood out from the jump, they need real madden gamers to test it out? hit me up EA i am willing lol.....(seriously i am though)

but yea some of the things you named in your post morkusyambo, i can see getting passed over and not have gotten full attention because its not like they were sitting on the behinds doing nothing, next yr i will really pass judgement on EA, to see the how they polish and improve the game.... if i do that this yr then i would give the EA madden dev team a big accommodation because this is one of the first next gen games that i have been satisfied with (other than the broken and frustrating aspects of the game) and when you compare it to M25 its a huge, HUGE step in the right direction and i hope most agree with me on that....

# 37 BadAssHskr @ 08/29/14 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanchus
tryna
C'mon Man.

# 38 Knelltone @ 08/29/14 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrufflesEater
"Horribly broken" means different things to different people. I think Madden's problems, bugs, failings, etc., are quite common in all sports games. The difference is the culture that has grown up around Madden. So many people feel entitled to trash the game relentlessly because some part of it doesn't conform their expectations or biases. Maybe it's part of the general football culture -- violent, unforgiving, gladiatorial. I think MLB The Show has an analogous problem for just about every "issue" that people froth about on these Madden forums, including your peeve, "inaccurate" simulation stats. People occasionally complain about it on there The Sow forums, but usually meekly and apologetically. Maybe baseball has a different way, a different culture, of fan appreciation and participation.

Really hope the sims stats get fixed enough for you to eventually enjoy the game.
You can't play owner mode. You can't enjoy a realistic CFM for more than a couple seasons(big ben 3rd stringer, matt ryan ect.). Online CFM has major bugs upon release. This has nothing to do with a culture of complainers, these game modes are ****ed.

I would appreciate getting a game that did what it is advertised to do. If youre gunna sell me on CFM don't **** around with me. If you can do it, put it in the game and make it work the way you said it will. If you can't, dont put it in the freakin game. I'll save money and not ridicule you publicly.

# 39 bkrich83 @ 08/29/14 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knelltone
You can't play owner mode. You can't enjoy a realistic CFM for more than a couple seasons(big ben 3rd stringer, matt ryan ect.). Online CFM has major bugs upon release. This has nothing to do with a culture of complainers, these game modes are ****ed.

I would appreciate getting a game that did what it is advertised to do. If youre gunna sell me on CFM don't **** around with me. If you can do it, put it in the game and make it work the way you said it will. If you can't, dont put it in the freakin game. I'll save money and not ridicule you publicly.
This isn't the place to ridicule devs publicly, and is actually counter productive.

# 40 chadex @ 08/29/14 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfunk9786
Hopefully the issues with team funds in Owner Mode are addressed at some point, but I'm not holding my breath.

I vote this for the next thing to be fixed. Really want to play Owner Mode but the amount of money to given to start out with and the dynamics of making money and how it just gets you into a hole of not being able to resign anyone sucks.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.