Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Madden Senior Game Designer and Lead Designer of Madden NFL CFM, Josh Looman has posted an update on Twitter, mentioning some of the fixes that have already taken place.

Unfortunately, they haven't figured out the online CFM user vs. user issue, but it's good to hear they are looking into the simulated stats issue.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 bkrich83 @ 08/31/14 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knelltone
bkrich83, do you see all this constructive criticism folded nicely with some public ridicule?

Probably not, but its there.
Yawn... I've already seen this movie.

PBU.

# 62 Knelltone @ 08/31/14 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Yawn... I've already seen this movie.

PBU.
Now I could troll along with you all month if I felt like it, but - unfortunately- I don't. Your name calling just hit way too close to home.

No sweat off my back though, you're the mods problem now.

# 63 ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ @ 08/31/14 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayenomics
change the sliders for protection on CPUs and you'll be all set.
No, that doesn't actually fix the problem. In the real NFL, QBs are under pressure on most passes and have to move in the pocket and think quickly, getting rid of the ball in under 3 seconds.

Having 7 seconds behind the line will seriously lower sack numbers, but it won't actually fix the problem. The problem is that QBs aren't reading defenses fast enough and aren't getting the ball out.

Your solution trades one problem for another: sacrificing realism to lower sack numbers.

I would prefer for the issue to actually be addressed. The last thing I want is for EA to nerf the pass rush instead of fix QBs, and likewise, adjusting sliders to remove realistic pass rush isn't anything but a half-measure to solve the issue. It's like putting plastic over a broken window in your car. Sure, it will keep a lot of the cold out, but it isn't a real fix to the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
This doesn't help, the CPUs time in the pocket is fine and realistic, they never get rid of the ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Do you have next gen Madden 15? I believe I read you did not so you might be better off asking for this in the current gen section. I'm going to assume they don't issue identical patches for both gens.

My apologies if you do have a NG system.

That's not going to be sufficient for what he wants. He wants the QB to organically feel pressure and get rid of the ball in a reasonable amount of time.

Perfectly reasonable request by him. I think your suggestion is fine but it's going to be shot down by him quickly.
Lol yes that.

# 64 bberger @ 08/31/14 08:14 AM
They should also do something to fix the scheme issue in CFM.. There's no reason a player shouldn't be able to transition from a 3-4 OLB to a 4-3 End for example.. or to learn new schemes.. yet again I'm disappointed in the new generation...

Gesendet von meinem XT894 mit Tapatalk

# 65 nl15 @ 08/31/14 09:28 AM
Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked before but if I start an oflline CFM today and the patch comes out, oh say next week, would I have to restart my CFM or would the patch translate into my already existing CFM?

# 66 bkrich83 @ 08/31/14 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knelltone
Now I could troll along with you all month if I felt like it, but - unfortunately- I don't. Your name calling just hit way too close to home.

No sweat off my back though, you're the mods problem now.
Didn't troll or name call. I am sure you'll be back under yet another name soon.

# 67 Jr. @ 08/31/14 10:56 AM
Whatever happened to the Zero Tolerance Policy? The bickering is taking away from legitimate discussion in the thread.

To nl15, you usually do not have to re-start your CFM when patches come along. Can't say for sure, but in the past you haven't had to.

# 68 bkrich83 @ 08/31/14 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Whatever happened to the Zero Tolerance Policy? The bickering is taking away from legitimate discussion in the thread.

To nl15, you usually do not have to re-start your CFM when patches come along. Can't say for sure, but in the past you haven't had to.
I read in the other thread for the stats fix online cfm's had to be restarted.

# 69 Jr. @ 08/31/14 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I read in the other thread for the stats fix online cfm's had to be restarted.
Yep, was just coming back to edit my post. I wonder if that means those doing offline CFMs would have to restart once those issues are fixed with the patch?

# 70 bkrich83 @ 08/31/14 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Yep, was just coming back to edit my post. I wonder if that means those doing offline CFMs would have to restart once those issues are fixed with the patch?
I would hope not. However, I myself probably would anyway, since it's likely the poor stats would throw off progression.

# 71 LorenzoDC @ 08/31/14 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bberger
They should also do something to fix the scheme issue in CFM.. There's no reason a player shouldn't be able to transition from a 3-4 OLB to a 4-3 End for example.. or to learn new schemes.. yet again I'm disappointed in the new generation...

Gesendet von meinem XT894 mit Tapatalk
Actually it's common that guys can't make the transition very well. Not every 3-4 OLB can put his knuckles in the dirt and beat the OL, and not every 4-3 LB can move in space off the line.

# 72 sbattisti @ 08/31/14 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I suspect it is likely we will need to restart, which kinda sucks, but hey, most of us have been playing this game for years. You can tell by the posts on here that most people realize there's not a ton of value in starting your CFM until the first patch drops. Those of us who couldn't wait will just have to pay the piper.

# 73 Sheba2011 @ 08/31/14 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Actually it's common that guys can't make the transition very well. Not every 3-4 OLB can put his knuckles in the dirt and beat the OL, and not every 4-3 LB can move in space off the line.
Some OLB's are too small to ever put their hand in the dirt they would get manhandled in real life. Just like not every lineman can make the seamless switch from one side to the other or from guard to tackle etc. Some guys have spent their entire lives playing one position, it's not as simple to switch positions as people think.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.